• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM Powder Safety

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
I'm hearing conflicting information about DXM Powder and the safety of it. First off, I don't have any, so I want to ensure wherever I do get it from will be safe. I assume I can't just grab it off any random Alibaba seller, obviously... And additionally, I've been told that DXM Powder is the safest way of using it where I don't have do deal with fillers or the fact that swallowing that many gel caps probably isn't the best thing to do for you.

If I'm going to use DXM, what are some tips and such that I can use to keep myself safe while doing so? If I'm going out of this world, I would prefer it not be by accident and I'd probably not want it ruining my wife's view on the safety/efficacy of certain drugs. She could probably benefit from some of these substances I've tried as well (although is more likely to be able to make progress with talk therapy unlike myself who is, let's face it, sort of a lost cause at this point).

The best tip for safely using DXM is to ONLY use pure powder. Even Cough Gels have inactive ingredients that are hell on one's stomach. Other than that, get a small quantity to reagent test before making a large purchase from any particular vendor.

I’d suggest
Getting a reagent testing kit at least or better yet sending for lab testing. Vendors have been known to sell incorrectly labelled substances

Get a 0.001g scale. They’re cheap off amazon

Otherwise just titrate your dose slowly ... as not to scare the wifey lol

The best tip for safely using DXM is to ONLY use pure powder. Even Cough Gels have inactive ingredients that are hell on one's stomach. Other than that, get a small quantity to reagent test before making a large purchase from any particular vendor.
What do you mean by "hell on your stomach"? Is it dangerous to health or more of like an upset stomach problem? I have handled it fine so far without issues, is powder really necessary? And when I actually get it, do I put it in a pill or what to consume it?

Hoping to use this in Hawaii as well without being obvious to her parents, any tips/tricks?

is powder really necessary? And when I actually get it, do I put it in a pill or what to consume it?

Hoping to use this in Hawaii as well without being obvious to her parents, any tips/tricks?

No powder isn’t necessary but imo it’s better than syrups and and gels because of all the added stuff.

Imo I wouldn’t dose and try and hide it. If you do, dose low but I don’t care much for low doses, it’s just not what I’m looking for but ymmv

I have a supplier from Alibaba who is claiming they are very safe also claimed a certificate of authenticity. What do you think?

Last edited:
I've always wanted to do a really strong dxm trip, being a dissociative lover, but never managed to keep the syrup down or find anywhere in the UK selling the gels

Never knew you could get the pure powder. Would it work intranasally? What about intravenously? 🤔

I've always wanted to do a really strong dxm trip, being a dissociative lover, but never managed to keep the syrup down or find anywhere in the UK selling the gels

Never knew you could get the pure powder. Would it work intranasally? What about intravenously? 🤔

I can tell you from 1st hand experience not to snort DXM. If you think snorting 2c-x's is painful, imagine a similar burn, but increasing the amount of powder into the hundreds of milligrams.

I considered having my 6th ever, non medical iv drug experience being DXM, but dxm is water insoluble and I wouldn't be comfortable with preparing a shot with anything but distilled water...

@MrBaconHawk You may want to remove the coa you posted or atleast edit it so that the name of the supplier is no longer visible. And same with the prices, as we aren't suppose to engage in price discussion.

I don't know unfortunately, I've heard it can be a crap shoot when dealing with vendors on that particular e-commerce website. They could very well send you quality dxm powder or it could be some other unknown mystery powder. If you do buy it, you may want to look into having it lab analyzed yourself before using it, as they can very easily fake the COA they provided. I think it's usually word of mouth (Or text of fingers I guess?) with vendors on that site. But unfortunately we don't talk sources here at Bluelight.

Also, it's not that difficult to do your own extraction of dxm from the syrup (just want to make sure you are using a syrup with only dxm as the active ingredient). It's a pretty simple a/b extraction and you are left with fairly pure dxm powder. I even followed a tek one time that used sandwhich baggies, it wasn't difficult at all...

I used to do simple A/B extractions on a litre of cough syrup, and end up with reasonably pure DXM crystals. It's pretty easy to do, and I honestly recommend it. The sucrose in the syrup causes such bad diarrhea in me that I'd spend most of the time on the shitter blowing my guts out, and could never really enjoy it.

I used to do simple A/B extractions on a litre of cough syrup, and end up with reasonably pure DXM crystals. It's pretty easy to do, and I honestly recommend it. The sucrose in the syrup causes such bad diarrhea in me that I'd spend most of the time on the shitter blowing my guts out, and could never really enjoy it.

I only use DXM in pure powder form for that exact reason. Syrup and Cough Gels make me too ill to be able to enjoy the experience at all. It feels so much cleaner without all the inactive bullshit that it almost feels like a different substance...

Can you use dxm powder to potentially make something like... DXM edibles as long as it isn't baked or cooked? Like put in rice crispy treats or something?