• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM Powder Safety

Correct, the dxm is pretty horrible tasting. You'd be better off just putting it in a capsule or wrapping it up in a parachute then swallowing. There is a reason the syrup is so nasty tasting, as the DXM Hbr is very bitter/chemical tasting, so then they add those sugars/sweetners and flavorings which does nothing too mask the nastiness but instead just mixes with it to create something even worse. DXM does not lend itself to being put into baked goods.

As far as extractions go, they can actually be kinda fun to both research and perform (if your a nerd like most of us are around here). All of the major sites have threads discussing different methods (erowid, bluelight, dmt nexus, the nook, drugforums, etc even sites dedicated to dxm like dextroverse) you just need to search for it and start researching and then find a tek you are comfortable following.

(You'll probably have better luck using a search engine like DuckDuckGo instead of google or bing. This goes for all drug related searches these days because most drug related search results have been manipulated to show things like rehabs over actual quality drug information, DuckDuckGo hasn't been corrupted like this - yet)

Most of the extractions leave you with a liquid containing dxm that has been made into a salt form like with citric acid, for example. Most of the extractions refer to this liquid as "Agent Lemon" and you can dose from this by just drinking it. It will taste nasty. If you want a powder then you'd need to go a few steps further and either evaporate this liquid, or follow a different tek that takes you all the way to a powdered end product.

Ive been trying to find the TEK I followed so that I can share it with you, but it was over 15 years ago now so I don't remember. I believe it used naphtha or toluene as the solvent, small amount of lye as the base and muriatic acid to salt the extracted dxm freebase into dxm hcl, then the resulting water+dxm hcl mixture was evaporated and the dxm crystals scrapped up into a pile of powder. Was very simple to follow and I got all the materials at a local hardware store.

Dextromethorphan/DXM, known by various brand names and found in various combination cold/allergy products like "Mucinex", as one constituent of "Nyquil" syrup etc. is not any more dangerous than many other commonly used recreational substances.

I think people most often run into problems by taking products with multiple active ingredients when they are really just after the Dextromethorphan alone.

There was a popular brand of pills when I was still young, beautiful and in-demand sexually called Coricidin Cough and Cold. People would call them "Triple C's" and they were popular as you didnt need to swallow a bunch of nasty syrup and they were fairly cheap.

These pills, just for example, contained in addition to DXM, an antihistamine: Chlorpheniramine and an analgesic, Acetaminophen/APAP (Tylenol). Chlorpheniramine has a lot of potentially negative side-effects, ranging from the uncomfortable (anticholinergic stuff) to the scary (it might cause early-onset dementia). APAP, is great when used responsibly, but can be a major problem when used flagrantly.

So, just a disclaimer. If you're experimenting with DXM, buy a product that consists of only DXM. If you, for instance, coming Triple C's with other recreational drugs like Alcohol, you're really opening yourself up for potential problems.

If you're able to get pure Dextromethorphan powder, this is definitely the way to go. DXM itself does not have any significant, dangerous qualities that you need to be aware of. Just be safe. Proceed with relative caution and if you're using other drugs, always consider the possibility for unexpected, but very serious consequences like Serotonin Syndrome.

I mean, it doesn't sound too complicated but it's also equally probably less complicated to buy powder. Plus these prices are about 5 times cheaper than the gels I've been buying on Amazon.

My only issue is how do I accurately measure what I put into each capsule? Any recommendations on how to pack these with an accurate amount of dosing? I've got people who would grab them from me too if I knew exactly how much I was putting in these but I don't know how much powder goes into each one

Last edited:
I guess if I were to do powder, I would only need one, maybe two pills and just dose it using a scale.

Would I put the powder on the scale then scoop it up into a pill? It just seems like doing this by hand is gonna be really inaccurate to ensure I'm getting the right dose for a trip.

Actually, more important. I can find a way to accurately measure the stuff, but I want to make sure my product is good. I was thinking of having this Chinese supplier send a small amount of product to an independent Chinese lab, I can hire the lab to provide me with results. What search terms do I put in to find a lab that will test what I need tested on this DXM HBr powder?

I mean, it doesn't sound too complicated but it's also equally probably less complicated to buy powder. Plus these prices are about 5 times cheaper than the gels I've been buying on Amazon.

My only issue is how do I accurately measure what I put into each capsule? Any recommendations on how to pack these with an accurate amount of dosing? I've got people who would buy em too if I knew exactly how much I was putting in these but I don't know how much powder goes into each one

A cheap milligram scale is plenty accurate for something like DXM that isn't especially dose sensitive. I've seen cheap ones as low as 30$. Shop around. It should be noted that a scale that cheap wont be ideal for substances active in the single or double digit milligram range, except if used for making a solution which can then be dosed with an oral syringe to increase accuracy.

Would I put the powder on the scale then scoop it up into a pill? It just seems like doing this by hand is gonna be really inaccurate to ensure I'm getting the right dose for a trip.

Cut a square of paper then fold it in half diagonally and open out again. Place the paper which now has a crease from corner to corner onto your milligram scales then press the zero button.

Pour out the required amount of powder onto the paper square.

Fold up the sides of the paper square carefully so that all the powder is contained within the crease.

Take your open gelcap and place one end of the paper crease into the opening.

Gently tap the paper until all of the powder has transferred to the gelcap.

Close the gel cap.

And if you couldn't figure this out for yourself, you shouldn't be selling drugs...

Last edited:
I only use DXM in pure powder form for that exact reason. Syrup and Cough Gels make me too ill to be able to enjoy the experience at all. It feels so much cleaner without all the inactive bullshit that it almost feels like a different substance...

For sure the first time I had powder DXM I was shocked by how different the drug felt to me. I was so used to being preoccupied by the body load and with powder you can really let go. I had the best trip I ever had with it on 750mgs of powder years ago. The stuff was really affordable also like cheaper than buying syrup/gels.

Cut a square of paper then fold it in half diagonally and open out again. Place the paper which now has a crease from corner to corner onto your milligram scales then press the zero button.

Pour out the required amount of powder onto the paper square.

Fold up the sides of the paper square carefully so that all the powder is contained within the crease.

Take your open gelcap and place one end of the paper crease into the opening.

Gently tap the paper until all of the powder has transferred to the gelcap.

Close the gel cap.

And if you couldn't figure this out for yourself, you shouldn't be selling drugs...
Wow, would have expected a snarky, vindictive comment from a random member with a chip on their shoulder, but a moderator?

My concern, of course, was having power sticking to one surface or another, giving me inaccurate measurements. You could just A) ignore the comment, B) leave constructive tips or I guess go with C) badly represent the moderation team with divisive and derogatory comments when you could have just left the last bit out of your comment. My concerns were perfectly valid, as I want to get accurate measurements and from what I can see, Dextromethorphan HBr seems to clump together and will stick to most surfaces which will cause a bit of an inaccurate measurement.

Regardless, I found a better solution, even though I was high on a 2nd-3rd plateau trip when writing this whole post and asking for that advice (then later said I figured it out). Place bottom half of pill in a small object that holds the pill (found one that doesn't weigh more than my scale measures), place the bottom part of the pill facing up, zero the scale, fill it as needed, then cap. No powder sticks and I get perfect measurements. I only asked because I'm picky and want perfect measurements, so maybe you should be complimenting me on how the people I DO give this stuff to will be getting nothing but extremely well-thought-out perfection because I do my research.

I also set up a source that gets me extremely cheap DXM HBr, branded Gel Caps, and I have the ability to use the Mass Spectrometer at my local university to check each and every batch for purity and contaminates to ensure I never get a bad batch. So yes, if ANYONE should be doing this for people in my neighborhood, it's me. Maybe get to know me a bit more before misjudging and berating me?

Anyway, regardless. Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion anyway, I just wish you would have left that last bit out. Probably would have tainted our conversation a bit less xD

Last edited:
For sure the first time I had powder DXM I was shocked by how different the drug felt to me. I was so used to being preoccupied by the body load and with powder you can really let go. I had the best trip I ever had with it on 750mgs of powder years ago. The stuff was really affordable also like cheaper than buying syrup/gels.
That's what I'm hoping as well

Wow, would have expected a snarky, vindictive comment from a random member with a chip on their shoulder, but a moderator?

My concern, of course, was having power sticking to one surface or another, giving me inaccurate measurements. You could just A) ignore the comment, B) leave constructive tips or I guess go with C) badly represent the moderation team with divisive and derogatory comments when you could have just left the last bit out of your comment. My concerns were perfectly valid, as I want to get accurate measurements and from what I can see, Dextromethorphan HBr seems to clump together and will stick to most surfaces which will cause a bit of an inaccurate measurement.

Regardless, I found a better solution, even though I was high on a 2nd-3rd plateau trip when writing this whole post and asking for that advice (then later said I figured it out). Place bottom half of pill in a small object that holds the pill (found one that doesn't weigh more than my scale measures), place the bottom part of the pill facing up, zero the scale, fill it as needed, then cap. No powder sticks and I get perfect measurements. I only asked because I'm picky and want perfect measurements, so maybe you should be complimenting me on how the people I DO sell to will be getting nothing but extremely well-thought-out perfection because I do my research.

I also set up a source that gets me extremely cheap DXM HBr, branded Gel Caps, and I have the ability to use the Mass Spectrometer at my local university to check each and every batch for purity and contaminates to ensure I never get a bad batch. So yes, if ANYONE should be selling in my neighborhood, it's me. Maybe get to know me a bit more before misjudging and berating me?

Also, found a way to sell at a premium because there's a good portion of the local market that knows very little about DXM but is willing to try it. After they tried my edibles I made which were extremely potent (and it only took 1 ounce to make 200 strong doses), they're very open to any other product I bring out. So I do the math and give them a personalized dose in a single pill (after a quick health screen to make sure they're not using any other ones that interact) and let them enjoy a sample while I Trip Sit for them and let it sell itself, I can sell it for a premium due to personalized dosing and my skills in sales (take one pill, no additives, no nasty syrup, no guesswork, etc, etc)

Anyway, regardless. Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion anyway, I just wish you would have left that last bit out. Probably would have tainted our conversation a bit less xD

First rule of Bluelight, don't talk about selling drugs on Bluelight.

Your post was reported as being a potential dealer. This goes against the Bluelight User Agreement.

Luckily for you, there was enough ambiguity in your post to relieve you of a ban.

So just be thankful that all you got was a 'snarky' reply... ;)

Im curious, when you first found your source, what did you use as a source? Darknet? Alibaba? Some sort of chem company? Just curious, not a specific place of course since we can't discuss that. I tried asking in a private message but every time I try to send any private message it just tells me it ran into a problem and wont let me send private messages on computer or my phone... not sure how to fix that.

Your post was reported as being a potential dealer. This goes against the Bluelight User Agreement.

Luckily for you, there was enough ambiguity in your post to relieve you of a ban.

What I would be "thankful" for is you deleting it and sending me a message as to why, without the negativity for an honest mistake. As I'm sure probably 50% of the people on here probably have made similar mistakes and been warned in some way. I do appreciate when I am told these things, as I have read the rules and I'm aware but sometimes when you're speaking truthfully to people you say too much.

Let's just remove what's neccesary and let me know if I messed up. Don't be rude about it.

Last edited:

I fixed the areas where I said the wrong things, thanks for the heads up. I said "grab them" or "hand them out" cause it's mostly to people I know. Buddies. And I really shouldn't be talking about it anyway, you're correct. So thanks for that, just please be civil about it so we can start off on the right foot, ya know? xD I'm not here to make enemies

What I would be "thankful" for is you deleting it and sending me a message as to why, without the negativity for an honest mistake. As I'm sure probably 50% of the people on here probably have made similar mistakes and been warned in some way. I do appreciate when I am told these things, as I have read the rules and I'm aware but sometimes when you're speaking truthfully to people you say too much.

Just remove what's neccesary and let me know if I messed up. Don't be rude about it.

I'm not being rude. You've basically admitted several times now to selling DXM. This is not allowed. You have the option to edit your own posts, otherwise it can be done for you.

I'm not being rude. You've basically admitted several times now to selling DXM. This is not allowed. You have the option to edit your own posts, otherwise it can be done for you.
Yeah, I did. Once again, I apologize cause I mentioned it I believe a total of 3 times. I went back and modified them all or else removed it entirely, if I ever make a mistake like that and a moderator let's me know I'm always happy to modify or remove it. Even if they completely delete my whole post I will understand and fix it. I just prefer the route of civil communication, letting people know when they've messed up, giving them a chance to correct themselves, etc. Outright bans I feel should be really only reserved for unreasonable people who are blatantly breaking rules and have no intention of correcting mistakes. I am glad you gave me the benefit of the doubt and allowed me to correct it, but I equally hope you guys don't just outright ban people without giving them chance to solve things.

Also, I hope it can be done without being condescending and essentially telling someone they're stupid because they couldn't figure out how to fold some paper (which didn't really solve the issue I was concerned about, which is powder sticking to surfaces, causing inaccurate measurements), but I think I've covered that a few times now so I'll drop it.

Yeah, I did. Once again, I apologize cause I mentioned it I believe a total of 3 times. I went back and modified them all or else removed it entirely, if I ever make a mistake like that and a moderator let's me know I'm always happy to modify or remove it. Even if they completely delete my whole post I will understand and fix it. I just prefer the route of civil communication, letting people know when they've messed up, giving them a chance to correct themselves, etc. Outright bans I feel should be really only reserved for unreasonable people who are blatantly breaking rules and have no intention of correcting mistakes. I am glad you gave me the benefit of the doubt and allowed me to correct it, but I equally hope you guys don't just outright ban people without giving them chance to solve things.

Also, I hope it can be done without being condescending and essentially telling someone they're stupid because they couldn't figure out how to fold some paper (which didn't really solve the issue I was concerned about, which is powder sticking to surfaces, causing inaccurate measurements), but I think I've covered that a few times now so I'll drop it.

Luckily, though DXM does like to stick to everything, it's not so dose sensitive that being off on your measurements wont lead to any life threatening issues. Using a glossy surface, a magazine cover for instance, stops it from sticking nearly as much.

Luckily, though DXM does like to stick to everything, it's not so dose sensitive that being off on your measurements wont lead to any life threatening issues. Using a glossy surface, a magazine cover for instance, stops it from sticking nearly as much.
I know... I'm just overly anal about having things perfect... lol. I would say it's one of my "marketable" traits is that whatever I do, I plan out and am very particular about.

I may be switching altogether towards testing out psylocybin (magic mushroom) instead. I hear costs may be lower? And effects are longer lasting? Can it be repeated more often than DXM?

I really believe that if more people got to experience DXM in it's pure form, people wouldn't look down on it as a kids drug or something only to be considered out of desperation if you can't source traditional psychedelics. It's a very worthwhile experience, though the time dilation gets out of hand at doses above 900mg.

On the other hand, if more people tried pure DXM Hbr, it might end up as a controlled substance. Personally, I find it much enjoyable than codeine, with the added benefit of not giving me unbearable nausea or causing me seizures.

100g of pure DXM lasts a looong time too, as long as you don't take it constantly....