Drum 'n' Bass - MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know shite about D&B but am really getting into the atmospheric/jazzy kind. Anyone have any good recommendations?

notauniquesnowflake said:
I don't know shite about D&B but am really getting into the atmospheric/jazzy kind. Anyone have any good recommendations?

LTJ bukem, blu mar ten, big bud. grooverider's album mysteries of funk. oh makato also. look for shiz released from "good looking records"

Its been awhile between drinks!

Wheres all tha muthafukin jungle heads at??

hwd8gi.jpg

I listened to Phace's new one, Psycho all this week. Got the album a while ago and then saw one of them play a SICK show recently. I love their throbbing bass and I love their range.... PHACE <3 <3

yossarian_is_sane! said:
Bukem is fucking mint. Him an mc conrad do a bloody good set
right on

...as far as recommendations are concerned: Staticky--Klute rmx

Klute has a new album out
The Emperor's new cloths

check it out.
Its 15+ tracks of dnb variety
I love Klute

Make that 25 tracks.
I'm listening to it again now
got some dubsteppy influences showing through i think

Last edited:
Teebee has a long list of dark, grimy, melodic, smart tracks
...beautiful female vocals too

If you haven't already check out some shit from Pendulum. In my area it seems like you hear at least one track of theirs in every DnB set. Check out "Hold Your Colour" or "Break Beat Kaos". Fuckin' dope stuff...

for the hard step stuff that will blow out the bassbins, stuff on the human label is the jam...ive really been feelin the upbeats lately, le mamoth bangs like whoa, dylan, robin chaos, tech itch

and on the more dnb techsteppy stuff, pendulum is pretty tight, ed rush, dj pascal, calyx and teebee are hot too...

ive been bumpin this essential mix from shyFx that is real tight, lots of ragga jump up style. its from judge jules radio show (im pretty sure) worth a listen tho

Pendulum is most definately not techstep...

And the Essential Mix shows are done by Pete Tong not Judge Jules

Recently getting into Noisia...they do some some pretty sick neurofunk DnB...definately worth checking out IMO.

Pendulum Intro: Pendulum is a drum and bass/techstep group from Perth, Australia. In 2003, the group relocated to the United Kingdom.

phace was just here 2 weeks ago, ink is next.
i like older stuff too like future prophecies, ez rollers, shy fx, aphrodite

Reid Speed is another favorite...hoping to see her early July at a 3-day event. Plus, the fact that she's hot is cool too.

medicine cabinet said:
Pendulum Intro: Pendulum is a drum and bass/techstep group from Perth, Australia. In 2003, the group relocated to the United Kingdom.

Where was that taken from? A flyer for a gig? Whoever wrote that needs to get their facts straight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techstep

Wikipedia has a go at explaining it. The sound Pendulum has or had is no where near what real Techstep is

ahh thanks but iv'e got it :)

From what i've experienced of both pendulum live and just El hornet on his own... Definately much more jump up than techstep. Although they are much more accessible to people who generally wouldn't like DnB... the amount of kandy ravers at their gigs... anyway...

State of Mind is more what I would consider to be techstep (my ears are still ringing - they do a rocking set!). IMHO their album is better than Hold Your Colour.

But hey, everyone's definition varies slightly... I guess pendulum have just been overplayed in Perth.

Status
Not open for further replies.