Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drink driving insurance

cimenas

Greenlighter
I recently got my licence back after a drink driving suspension, does anyone no how long this will affect my insurance? 3-5 years? also who will insure me? and how much more am i going to have to pay?
thank in advance.

I'm going to pass this over to Aus Social as it doesn't fit the AusDD guideines.

Mods feel free to move if it doesn't suit social either.

Lil angel15 :)

Moa&r Info

Specifying how much you
blew,
how long yo' were suspended fo',
if it was yo' first offence,
(drivin' record)
age,
what state you're in,
type of car tryna insure.

If you give more information,
I'm sure
plenty of people
on here
would help you out
with da'info.

PEACE
UnSquare
:)

thanks US
Specifying how much you
blew,............................................... .100 so twice the legal.
how long yo' were suspended fo',.. 6 months.
if it was yo' first offence,................. first offence, full open licence.
(drivin' record)
age,................................................ 25 very soon
what state you're in,...................... Tas
type of car tryna insure.................. 6 cylinder sedan

i dont think many will insure me, an i get payed in a few days so id just like to no how much of my pay ill have left lol im expecting to pay out quite a bit.

You are almost unisurable, but there is an insurance ombudsman who could probably help point you in the right direction.

Might pay to wait till after you turn 25 though. How soon?

I think we agree on alot of things don't we?

Are you male? If you're male I shudder to think of your excess now. Lordy.

An' Capt'n,
define
'Sedan',
maybe,
before this gets shipp'd off,
or answer'd incorrectly...

Isit done up 'n' shit,
or second hand,
or what...

PEACE
UnS
:)

Hey there,

I work for an insurance company and what beatlebot has said is pretty much correct. You will either find it very hard to find a company to insure you, or, you will pay a very high premium.

Other factors come into play though, such as your age etc.

Feel free to PM me about this if you like or just post some more information here and I'll see if I can give you a better answer.

drS

Oh my god, I thought this was something to do with an insurance company offering insurance at an extra premium to cover you for when you are drunk.

Thank god its not !

BREAKaBEAT said:
Oh my god, I thought this was something to do with an insurance company offering insurance at an extra premium to cover you for when you are drunk.

Thank god its not !

bahahaha, thats exactly what i thought..................I came into the thread with WTF attitude

:(

BREAKaBEAT said:
Oh my god,
I thought this was something to do
with an insurance company
offering insurance
at an
extra premium
to cover you for when you are drunk.

Thank god its not !

If only people were more rubbery.

Siamachy.

Thanks alot God.

:(

1.21Gw Allow'd. No Majix....

costumed-smiley-043.gif
Christo_Tbird65emoticon.gif

^
BANNED.

MazDan said:
bahahaha, thats exactly what i thought..................I came into the thread with WTF attitude

There is a boutiqe insurer that offers a premium that protects you if you do go DUI in the 12 months of the coverage.

It will cover the cost of taxis, public transport and other associated costs to get you to and from work during the period of suspension.

GIO insured me with a 6-month DUI and two at-fault accidents on my record. I'm only paying $80 a month (my previous insurer wanted twice that and a $4000 special excess). But I am 33.

Only? That's still nearly $1000/year. I wouldn't consider that to be a low premium. What kind of excess do you have on that policy?

im only looking to get therd party. also how long will this remain a contributing factor with my insurance.