• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drink driving insurance

You will find it will stay on your insurance for five years. After that date it should not be a contributing factor any longer.

DoctorShop said:
Only? That's still nearly $1000/year. I wouldn't consider that to be a low premium. What kind of excess do you have on that policy?

About $400 or thereabouts. I consider it low compared to my other quotes - and I was refused by 2 others entirely - and is much less than I expected to pay considering my poor record. Thankfully the DUI is cleared as of the end of this month (happened 5 yrs ago). It should bring the premium down next year.

Just saying GIO will ensure DUI drivers, and were my cheapest quote. I shopped around everywhere.

^ Agreed. $80 per week sounds fair to me. I am paying $110 per week with a $450 excess. Im in a simlar demographic and have never had any DUI offences ever

Yeah, it depends on so many things, not only your age and driving record, but also the type of car (power, etc), your suburb where the car is usually kept, whether or not it's in a garage or on the street, and even your gender. So if you drive a V8 6.0 litre beast and live in a high crime rate neighborhood, you'll pay more than if you drive a Korean fart car and live in the sleepy town of Plursville.

Pleonastic said:
whether or not it's in a garage or on the street.

Whats interesting Pleo, is some insurers don't consider that a rating factor when it comes to calculating your premium.

Is that too gain a competitive edge on other companies, e.g. did the opt to drop it because it was an unreliable variable anyways?

Your exactly right eggman.

Another example is people who live in apartments and have contents insurance. One particular insurance company for example rates on secure doors, windows and alarm system. A customer will complain that they have a doorman, have a secure ID card they use to gain access to the lifts and don't think they need to meet the companies requirements because they aren't applicable. That is incorrect. It would be quite easy for a thief to get hold of that card and get passed the doorman and steal particular items from the apartment.

I know that seems a little extreme. However it's just an example of how policies are underwritten and how much companies may differ.

Its like how back in the day a no claim bonus was like gold and mofo's who had it thought they where something special

Now every insurer is just giving the shit away

They are such whores... such dirty whores

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you may be insured. but expect to pay A LOT.

check shannons, just car or young & cool.

most majors will probably not touch you for a couple of years.

the penalty for drink driving goes on longer than just the period of time you lost your licence for.

i hope you learned your lesson.

Drink Driving: It's Fucked!

The RTA or the police or whoever should employ that slogan in the next campaign

call a brokerage and ask them to get you a quote.

i'm not gonna drop my details here though

but i do work for a combination brokerage/ authorised representative in General and commercial insurance.

QBE will probably quote, they are aggressively trying to increase their market share of premium across all classes of insurance. From past experiences, they are competitive, flexible and keen for any new business.

But i haven't dealt with any claims through them yet. So it's probably a double-edged sword. Your insurance is only worth anything when you make a claim.

QBE recently tried to buy (is that the write terminology) another very large insurance company, but it fell through.

I have noticed them making some very low quotes for customers. I would be very interested to know how much they are making on average per policy they setup. It can't be a lot. Then again it never is...

Shop... your in the insurance biz

Am I able to insure my wang?

You actually get a discount for girth if it meets certain requirements. Perhaps I can put a quote together for you today?