• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dried opium powder

mulberryman said:
Yes, I agree that site is overzealous, but I ony posted it to show that the seeds do contain opiates, although not within them. They ususally do have opium residue on them, however, and saying that just because this is on the outside, that they don't contain opiates, is like saying that trees do not contain bark. It is possible to have opiate-free seeds, either if they've been washed in chemicals, which would probably seriously alter their flavor, and thus not usually done, or nearly opiate-free seeds, from pods that have been scraped well, and harvested for opium, but since seeds grown for culinary purposes are probably less likely to have been have been harvested for opium, its likely that these seeds will have traces of morphine and other opiates, and will cause positive results on drug tests if enough are consumed, and large quantities can be extracted en-mass to make opium tea or further evaporated into dried powder. I have even heard of people spraying seeds with morphine in order to smuggle it through customs, although I don't know how practical this woud be.

I never argued with you about alkaloids and seeds. I've said it in other threads, seeds have no alkaloids in them.

It seems like you and whoever you're arguing with are just arguing over semantics.

That flame war was ridiculous.

First, that powder is clearly ground pods. Anyone who's made their own tea should be able to see that even from the picture. It's not curry powder. If this store is actually getting the latex, thats mindblowing. But that powder, pod powder.

And to that guy doing all the yelling, you can certainly dissolve opium in isopropyl alcohol. Stop yelling. Jeez.

Yes it defintiley could be powdered pods, I have seen some very dark inside, which would look like that, but I've seen alot more lighter in color when ground too....

Sicko: Sorry, that is something that unless I see and run an assay , I will absolutely not believe. You still haven't told us how much you paid. That is at least a kilo of powder. I do not know whether you are reatarded or not. To be honest though, my general feeling is that you are a very young man and that you might not have enough expereince with opiates and opioids to judge what is placebo and what is not. Before you start coughing snot again, remember that you were the one who did not even think opium , a vegetable product, could be powdered.

Then, when I gave an opinion without denigrating you you turned right around and downed everything from my imagined sexuality to my ethnicity. Constructive criticism is not your enemy, EVER. Ego CAN be.

Phrozen: You are inclined to believe? Life is a pretty big place. Taking people at their word is not exactly the best thing to do when using psychoactive substances. In the end it really does not matter though. Noone will ever know except, maybe if he is fortunate, the kid who iniated this thread. One way or another, noone here will ever know, save maybe him. With that as it is, my expereience in life has taught me to be more than a tad bit skeptical, especially when it comes to kilos of opium poweder being sold OTC in Indo Pak stores.

Yiggy: Grow up kid. If you care enough to read that much than you should have read the rest. If not, you are showing your own intelligence. If you actually give a sh#t, go read my journal, if not, stick to the script because this is a themed forum and the theme is not my personal life.

Mulberryman: First, do not look toawards a drug user's site to get botanical and/or scientific information. I can guarantee you that the information is 100 percent wrong as so far as it claims seeds contain anything. The anything in poppy seeds is acid and fat, in addition to the genetic information of the parent plant. There are absolutely no alkaloids and in fact, no seed contains alkloids. Try and take some basic botany books out from your library, or even search online if that is your thing.

Seeds CAN cause positive tests because of their SOMETIMES residual coatings when not properly washed as is often the case. I have posted umpteenth sources on this in past threads within this and Basic Forum. Please have at least the courtesy toi do a search before declaring erroneous informationm because many young people use this site and ssadly they rely on it as their only source of info. You are giving bad info.

When I went to Detroit, one time, it was downtown, as well as to 8 mile Road because the people I was with wanted to see where Eminem grew up so I guess you could say I saw both areas, right? I went there 2 additonal times, just passing through, on my way to Canada.

Cloudy: Seeds do not contain ANY alkaloids, AT all, EVER. I am getting tired of saying this. I guess, since people refuse to do even cursory searches, that I will post some references later. I hope that when I do, there will be no more nonsense about it.

In fact, I just read your content blurb and it is absolutely correct . NO ALKALOIDS. I will provide a few scientific and botanical references.

Scratch that idea. I see in Mulberry's next post that he/she also admits they do not contain alkaloids.

Mulberry (again): Saying seeds contain alkaloids because of residual coatings is not correct. The word contain, and mind you I am not an Englkish speaker and even I know this, means that something is encompassed WITHIN.Look u-p the word's definition please. Since you just admitted it, I hope you will end your crusade.

In fact, your whole line of reasoning is faulty. Seeds, even from pods that have never been incised are not more likely to have residual coatings because most producers wash their seeds. Have you ever been around commercial agriculture?

People spraying seeds with alkaloids? Please provide a reference because that has to be one of the silliest things I have ever heard. Since seeds do not absorb moisture, at least poppy seeds (not in perceptible amounts anyway), how could they accomplish such a thing? The seed's coatings are not absorbent and unless they had some kind of binder in the spray the alkaloids would come right off, etc. It is just crazy...

Aracasenal: Are you seriosuly trying to say that nothing else on Earth looks like ground pods? Since this is a Harm Reduction site my duty as a participant is to debunk any nonsense I feel is present. You and everyone else posting and/or reading is more than entitled to their own opinion and to post it. But for you to conclusively claim soemthing is sheer nonsense. Unless you meet that poster and go with him or her to that paticular place and see it packaged exactly so, you will never be able to know anything conclusively.

When I first started posting here a long time mod was bowing out. He said he had had it with ignorant kids saying the same thing week after week and I felt he was being offencive. I have to say though, that just after 3 years, I feel I know exactly where he is coming from.

In terms of flame wars, I have only had one other in this forum (many in Ce and P though) and that thread was one where many young people got very angry whwn I said mixing benzos and alcohol is a very easy way to die. This reminds me of that time except that this subject is just plain silly. This should never have even been posted here. Subjective expereinces and sourcing are relegated to the Journal Section and that is exactly what this crap is.

"I went to a bodega and the Ecuardorian guy sold me a kilo bag of Basuco because I speka perfect Spanish." Would any of you beloieve I had just bough t a kilo of it? Hell no and yet you eat this nonsense up. It is called wishful thinkinPersonally, I will bow out as I have sirely wated too much time with this. If the mods choose to keep it open they have lost their minds. If anyone else has cute comments to make to me, dop it via PM because I do not read thread in which I do not participate, and this is now one of them. Adieu.

ok then I guess trees do not contain bark.

That stuff is definitly pooopy powder....

rachamim said:
Sicko: Sorry, that is something that unless I see and run an assay , I will absolutely not believe. You still haven't told us how much you paid. That is at least a kilo of powder. I do not know whether you are reatarded or not. To be honest though, my general feeling is that you are a very young man and that you might not have enough expereince with opiates and opioids to judge what is placebo and what is not. Before you start coughing snot again, remember that you were the one who did not even think opium , a vegetable product, could be powdered.

Then, when I gave an opinion without denigrating you you turned right around and downed everything from my imagined sexuality to my ethnicity. Constructive criticism is not your enemy, EVER. Ego CAN be.

Phrozen: You are inclined to believe? Life is a pretty big place. Taking people at their word is not exactly the best thing to do when using psychoactive substances. In the end it really does not matter though. Noone will ever know except, maybe if he is fortunate, the kid who iniated this thread. One way or another, noone here will ever know, save maybe him. With that as it is, my expereience in life has taught me to be more than a tad bit skeptical, especially when it comes to kilos of opium poweder being sold OTC in Indo Pak stores.

Yiggy: Grow up kid. If you care enough to read that much than you should have read the rest. If not, you are showing your own intelligence. If you actually give a sh#t, go read my journal, if not, stick to the script because this is a themed forum and the theme is not my personal life.

I already said in a pervious post I paid $20.00 total for both of the fucking bags. Your a fucking retard only reason i got soo mad was because I was telling the truth do you honestly think that if I was lieing I would hold onto this shit for soo long?

I'm not making anything up nor is it placebo I'm high off it rite now. This stuff is real. Wheter it is opium powder or opium poppy pod powder, most likely the latter its really really potent and i can feel the affects within 5 mins and they last for a good 5-6 hours. I'm going to go have a smoke. I'll be back tommarrow with some more goodies from the shop. I know we're not supposed to list prices but I got both bags for 20 as far the weight I havn't weighed it.

PS. I've done opium on serval occasions like I told you before my father, uncles, and other elders in the community love to enjoy opium the majority of them own large amounts of real estate throughout out Canada including rural Canada and when summer time comes they grow Opium on their property never have any of them had problem aswell my father grows opium on our property aswell as thier truck yard. So don't say I'm feelin placebo because placebo doesn't last hours and affect your abilty to eat aswell placebo doesnt mimic effect for effect and also taste and look the same.

Sigh, I know I said I was ignoring this thred but I am no different from anyone else when it comes to train wrecks.

When you PMed me and apologised I was man enough to treat you maturely. Now you are again cursing and denigrating me. The only retard is the person who thinks they can buy a kilo of opiumpowder for 20 Canadian which is like 16 US. That and anyone who believes him or her.

Furthermore, you were the genius who did not know opium could be powderised. If you do not know what Paregoric or Laudanum you have no place barking at people. Hit the books. You like smoking curry? Great, do it all day and twice on Ghandi's birthday, ok Mr. Singh?

Who knows how long you held onto it or anything else with your fantasy topic. Only you know, and frankly only you care. AGAIN. This is a forum for serious QUESTIONS about psychoactive substances, not a "drug i.d. forum" or a "Look what I found forum." I suggest you get to work on your Journal and stop trying to wow people. These teens might find you amazing but I have seen dozens like you here and if I stay I will see countless more. After a short while you crawl back under your stone and a new crop of ignoramuses will emerge. Until then, spare us.

Mulberry: Trees have bark ON THEIR OUTSIDE, not within the trunk. Face it, you made a mistake. It is not such a terrible thing. Be mature, admit it and move on.

rachamim said:
absorb moisture, at least poppy seeds (not in perceptible amounts anyway),

"I went to a bodega and the Ecuardorian guy sold me a kilo bag of Basuco because I speka perfect Spanish."

I do agree spraying poppy seeds with morphine wouldn't work really, but poppy seeds absorb water like crazy! Leave some poppy seeds in water for an hour they will swell to twice their dry size.

I have heard of people buying dried coca leaves from south american import shops, they are usually in the back or behind the counter and only offered to non-gringos. So if you said you went into a Peruvian grocery and are from Peru and you bought some coca leaves from under the counter YEA I WOULD BELIEVE YOU.

Just as poppy seeds have morphine on their outside, my mistake...

As for coca leaves, well anyone can buy them in tea bags, at grocery stores in Peru, Bolivia, and probably most of South America. Here in the US, you can get it on the internet, shipped frm within the US, no less.

Zagenth said:
^ I'm not hating on the fact that you have the real deal. I don't know that one way or the other. But your opinions on placebo effects are completely wrong. If you are well versed in the normal effects of the drug, then a placebo effect can effectively mimic that dosage curve damn near exactly. Your brain is very implemental in how you experience a drug, and a placebo can feel exactly the same. I do not doubt your position, but I do doubt your disrespect for the placebo effect.

damn, i wish those placebos would work on me. because there have been times when i was getting consistently good seeds from the same source for several months, and they go and switch the seeds on me from good to bunk... and i never even notice until i do my usual dose and then realize an hour later that i'm not high AT ALL. to me it seems that if the mind is so good at believing itself into being high, i would have gotten off on those seeds i implicitly trusted to get me high, even when they were bunk.

malfunkshun said:
damn, i wish those placebos would work on me. because there have been times when i was getting consistently good seeds from the same source for several months, and they go and switch the seeds on me from good to bunk... and i never even notice until i do my usual dose and then realize an hour later that i'm not high AT ALL. to me it seems that if the mind is so good at believing itself into being high, i would have gotten off on those seeds i implicitly trusted to get me high, even when they were bunk.

^For real mofo, how do I trick my body into thinking my receptors are being agonized?

Coca leaves shipped from within the US, just like poppy pods shipped from within the US. Both schedule 2 materials, so why the skepticism that obscure ethnic head shop would sell pre-ground pods?

You can see this capitalistic drive to meet customer demands against good sense and legality elsewhere, selling stemless pods(what dried floral arrangement are they going to be used in I wonder?) selling preground kratom in GELCAPS(good luck arguing to the FDA that they are not meant for consumption, but are instead incense capsules).

Dont forget about the powdered San Pedros. Hey I've even seen psilocybin and 2-CI pills on the web, shipped domestically...sorry, but no I'm not telling where Its not surprising at all, the powers that be can never ban everything, never stop everything, and almost certainly will lose their already losing "war" against their own people. People will do whatever they want to pursue happiness, and even those that are caught and jailed, will still do whatever want (or at least can, which is often more dangerous) to pursue happiness. Every small victory for the so-called government is really just a new challenge that the people will ultimately solve.

hola mr rachitaminaninikins!
quote: Klowns: I am a HS Bully? After the kid Pmd me I though this was the end but I see the fun hasn't stopped.

Do youknow how old I am? By the way, I use my rela name topost, how did your mom convince the hospital to put Klown on your birth certificate? That must have been some conversation, right?

Look , I do not pick cyber fights. Since I use my rela nme, have pposted my actual adress here countless times, my employer and job site info, my army info, and so on I would have to be insane. I have already had internet tough guys try to get me evicted by calling Housing, etc. and yet I am alive.

Instead , I try to educate. This may seem like something from another universe to you but I sssure you it is quite painless. Instead of critiquing what you imagine my personality is like, try challenging facts I provide. I promise that this forum will be a much better place.

If you are able to comprehend what you read, you will see that the poster called me everyhting from "faggit" (sic) to "fuc#ing Jew" and he did not dot out part of the curse. I merely responded to his comments.

If you have a problem with flaming, then obviously you would have been apalled at whaat he did. Insrtead, using some cereal box name you try to antagonise me further. One can only imagine that you somehow receive gratification from such things."

end quote

LMFAO
whatever makes you happy dude! im glad that posting your real name and adress makes you feel like such a man. to me, that makes you sound retareded. education? lmao. your first statement in this thread was soemthing like, "fuck you sicko you obviously are smoking curry, that should be obvious to anyone" yet you have NEVER sampled what he was sampling. REALLLLL intelligent and educating that came off.......
i dont, and i dont think anyone else either gives a FUCK what names he called you. you jumped in like an angry hornet shooting him down telling him he was full of shit and a dumb ass'basicaly. and NOTHING you posted came across as "education" or "intelligence. just your fatheadness about how fucking smart you are. lol. hope your enjoying yourself! i think its hilarious to hear you rant, but i feel bad for the OP because you got him all worked up. yeah he should calm down to, but you should quit dissing him, you need to get off your fucking high horse about how cultural and smart you are, and if he is smoking opium and you refuse to believe it, then whatever thats your problem. thread is gold lol.
this thread actualy really intrigued me until it was filled with anger. i like the idea of little ethnic communities hooking up opium in thier shops. thats fucking cool :)

^
That post doesn't come off as intelligent either.

I think we've come to the conclusion that what he got is in fact crushed poppy pods/straw. So, Rachamim was right.

^^ from what Ive seen of crushed poppy straw, yes its possible, but its good poppy straw powder. Its usually alot lighter unless its from the best of the pods..

I was thinking it's more likely to be a mix of pods and straw, not just straw.

Garuda: I realy do not want this to devolve even further, into a flame war about the absorption capabilities of poppy seeds. I know that you are like most BLers,not one to engage in nonsense but with all the crap floating on this thread there are enough focal points already. If you want though, PM me in a couple of days and I will dig for you and provide data. Right now I am in w/d and it is not a good time for me to be focusing intently. I am not infallible by any means but subjects like poppy seeds come up at least weekly here and as a result I pretty much have it down pat. Still, I always say do not trust anyone on the net... so like I said, I will be happy to provide it via pm.

Coca leaves of course, it is a tradional part of much Andean Culture. The leader of Bolivia, Evo Morales, is a cocalero for heaven's sake! But this is not the same thing. We are not arguing whether or not you could buy poppy pods in N. America. Everyone who has been there and has tried knows it is very easy to do even in retail florists. Khat is freely available on a street in Brooklyn, in Yemeni groceries. That is not the same though as saying they sill serve you a kilo of Cathinone for 20 bucks because you know Arabic. Can you see the distinction?

This kid says he is buying kilos of OPIUM for 20 dollars in BC! Do you understand? Having been to India, which is what he claims is the famrgate for that opium, I know that a kilo costs more than that in that country! Granted there was a time, on my first visit in what is now Mumbai where you get very poor #2 heroin for 50 US pennies a half gram (at the University) but those days are gone. Poppies are still legal there but the govt. is not so nice about its processed product anymore.

Mulberry" You are a good person. As for coca leaves, they are in fact widely available online and in many cities.

Malfunshun: The mind is only as good as you make it. I will offer some subjective reasoning. I have an extremely disciplined mind. In addition I have a super high tolerance even at the threshhold level for opiates/opooids. In adition I have prettymuch used methadone non-stop for 15 yeears, never less than 160 but most ofthetime at 190. I was last at 160 but my last dose was Friday at 3 pm. It is now Wednesday at 1023 am and I am obviously well enough to compose this. The point is, if you exercise your mind you can do many things. Yes, it is the opposite effect but it is still from a powerful mind.

The key to the effectiveness of the Placebo is in not knowing what you are ingesting BUT ASSUMING. If for example, I took your bunk seeds and made tea (not that I ever recommend making tea from an obhject that is basically nothing but fats and acids when you can get the real plant with the alkaloids), took a cup and then acted like I was kissing the floor, you have a good chance of feeling the same.

One time, years ago, I went to my clinic late on a Saturday. I always go very, very early but this day I had been tied up at the hospital for a relative. I got there 11 minutes after they closed, on a h3 days holiday weekend which means I would not be dosed until Tuesday. Having only detoxed one time from emthadone I was still very fearful of the effects. Another guy also got shut out and we both went across the street to the hospital to try and get medicated.

The hospital, which also runs that clinic, said we had to go to another hospitasl far away. We went, like morons but I suppose I would still do it the same way. Anyway, we got there and after a wait of about 9 hours they came to me, since I was the one that was able to converse somewhat intelligently (my new friend was not only uneducated but obviously had some sort of mental condition) and the doctor made me an offer. He must have been doing it to prove a point because qyuite frankly I was not letting them ignore us after 9 hours. He offered us half our dose , our we could come tomorrow and get the whole dosage. Of course, as addicts will, we took the offer for immediate medicattion.

He gave us , and I am pretty sure now although there is no way to ever know, aspirin in water, mimicing Diskettes. I drank it and felt no psychoactive effect at a time when I still gained some benefit from it. Yet I was sated , and for that matter so was my new friend.

Obviously, just like now, I was able to survive without it but it is a good example, I think, of how we can tell ourselves anything.

Look at firewalkers, look at yogis who exist without evacuating their bodies (urinnation and defecation). Look at moms who can life cars off of their children. There is aphysical compoenent , such as adrenalin, but it is the mind that allows us to harness it. I have gotten flats and had no jack but would not even try tolife my car but had it been my baby under that wheel I have no doubt I could do it. This is the mind.