• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dried opium powder

rachamim said:
You can sometimes get very high on seed tea and yet seeds themselves contain absolutely no alkaloids whatsoever

Not true.
Seeds contain trace amounts, and at least 1 person has actually overdosed on seed tea, and morphine was detected in his blood.
Opium can indeed be quite inexpensive, I can attest to this, if fact, in Detroit its often used as a cutting agent for hashish.
Poppies are extremely common plants, in fact, whole fields grow wild, even in the USA. Its a myth that they are a tropical plant, they actually seed themselves very wel, as far North as Greenland

Last edited:
rachamim said:
The last poster: Refined opium from pods? ALL opium comes from pods. Refined simply means dried so that its purity and volume are concentrated. It has absolutely nothing to do with appearance other than mositure content.

Here is a kind word though: Nerver believe anyone on the net, not even me. Search for your own truth. You AND I have no way to EVER know what the poster has or takes. I can download a pic from anywhere, or upload it as the case may be, and then say this or that. It means absolutely nothing. In fact, if the poster has found opium in an Indo Pak store in Vancouver it will not be there for much longer so it is of no consequence really.

Sicko" Thank you for taking a pic of curry powder, etc. but as I said, since curry is no definable thing per se you have wasted your time. I have seen powders as black as night and as almost white as drien snow. Both were curries. I prefer it more yellow usually so thanks for getting me hungry. Other than that, you have again wasted your time but hey, I am a troll so I have a lot of time. Keep them coming. Keeps my mind off of the w/d s anyway.

I agree with this statement for the most part.

Im just saying it's not that far fetched of a situation the OP is posting about.

The pics look OK to me. I've had/made/consumed refined extracts of pods(not latex from scapping) that looked identical to what OP posted....... and thats really the entire basis of my dissagreement to what your posting.

Sure, OP could be totally bull shitting us. But whats there to gain, other than braggin rights to the 'store' he found the alleged powder at?

So either way.........your right, besides taking a little holiday to BC and buying this shit from that store, we have no way to know.

mulberryman said:
Not true.
Seeds contain trace amounts, and at least 1 person has actually overdosed on seed tea, and morphine was detected in his blood.

The seeds themselves CONTAIN no actual drug, its just alkaloids on the outside of the seeds that make 'seed tea' or seed extracts worth while.

Sigh...Another angry teen. How cliche. Ok kiddo, I mean sicko. You are right that I am an Israeli Jew but lest you think that is a foreign and alien thing you should know that India is home to 3 separate Jewish communities who were there when Aryans began copulating with the dark skinned people that still populate the southern region of that country. So enough with "you have no idea because you are not Indian."

As I stated, India is as old as Israel, both were founded in the 1940s so your dream of a universal Indian culture that you have somehow mastered is a fantasy. How many rebellions are going on there right now, do you even know? But wait, I have no idea...

I did spend a bit of time there but you are right, I am NOT Indian. But then how can you claim to know anything about Canadian culture (as if it was monolithic as well)?

Just like you I have a brain and am able to remember things that I am exposed to and/or learn about.

Furthermore, and this is an advantage I am sure you do NOT have, I am a degreed botanist, actually Ethno-Botanist which would make me just a tad bit knowledgeable about plants and how they are utilised by various cultures.

To add to that, I am 40 which we both know is alot older than you and have been addicted to opiates/opioid since my late teens. Actually more than 25 years as I post this which is probably older than your age.

Again, if you feel threatened by different viewpoints you would be better advised to relegate your thoughts to a blog, something a lot of teens are doing nowadays.

Indo Pak is a generic term applied to the Indian and Pakistani retail business in the West, not to Pakistanis OR Punjabis. Punjab is a province by the way, not an ethnicity although many people from that province use it as such in N. America.

Having been there (have you?) I am more than a little acquainted with it.

Your dad introduced you to poppy tea? Great parent. Actually, many Jews do the same thing and I am told that I was first given it at 8 days of age by my grandmother who dosed me prior to my cicumcision. Even though Dad committed a crime in Canada, tell him he is not that bad of a man.

Older guys throw poppies into their moonshine? Is morphine and codeine now somehow alcohol soluble? You are not making sense again. Try and hit the books before coming at me. I like challenges and feel a bit guilty even breaking things down for you although I can console myself with the thought that you MIGHT be learning something this way. Then again you seem more than a bit obstinate and not exactly open to criticism so it is a long shot.

Punjabis share control of BC's drug trade? You mean the Chinese and other East Asians have all left? You have no idea what you say.

Where do you think I am as I post this? I am in SE Asia, the place where your neighbours get their heroin from. Geez, this is far too simple. You think that I just read and post about things? You need to live life a bit before you write a check you can't cash kiddo.

The only thing whites control is some great cannabis. Outside of BC they do not even have that much. If you want to hitch your wagon to them it shows your lack of knowledge.

My being 40 means nothing to you? Wait! Did you not just give us a huge tirade about Punjabi this and that? Is not respect for elders a pillar of thast culture? I dare say you are not even Indian, or maybe you are like that Sanjaya cad. Ethnically an Indian but neutered culturally. Please do something with that hair if so.

If alot of your friends and family use those stores for opium, why were you unsure what it was?There you go again , not making any sense. Cluck, cluck, cluck poor Sicko Sanjaya...

G_Dly knowledge? First off, you post in a forum because you invite different viewpoints. You are so young you still have not realised this crucial and basic point. Secondly, if you do NOT want other viewpoints, stick it in your journal. Then, if anyone wants to examine your half active imagination, they can do so at their leisure. Since you want threads that do not have other opinions, find a place that allows that. BL does not. BL also does not allow ad hom attacks, like calling someone a troll or using expletives in relation to another person.

Learn this and then you can BEGIN to learn the rest...

(Edited for spelling)

Last edited:
Sanjayah: Still got those panties twisted?

First, I do not know why you joined 3 years ago. This is a hram reduction site, noa a "Look what I might have found site!" Furthermore, now that even I, a man living on an island where most live in grass huts, somehwere off of SE Asia, now know that you claim to be able to find opium OTC in your neighbourhood. How smart is that?

Second, it does not matter how I spell Punjabi, I have been there. I do not speal English as a first language and also type very fast (just like you). The result is soemtimes mispelled words, etc. However, I dare you to try and dispute a fact I post.

That segues into your asinine claim on morphine solubity. Ever hear of Paregoric? Ever see it? If you do, you will see a large amount of powder on the bottom of the bottle. Know what Paregoric consists of? Anise flavored alcohol and pwdered opium, end of story. Know why the powder is not absorbed into the alcohol? Well it is actually, but only at a rate of about 1/2 percent annualy, because it is highly INsoluble in aolchol and totally insoluble in different temps. of alcohol. I would have hoped that you could have even got THAT correct but alas, not so.

You make fun of how I spell Punjabi but then call me a "faggit" (sic). Riiiiight. I am secure in my sexuality so I will not even stooo to responding to that. I would suggest though that you watch what you say because there actually alot of homosexuals on this site who might not be as understanding. I am ,arried to a fine woman who at 4 feet 9 could probably wax your ass so really, you should learn about a person before debasing yourself by attempting to debase them.

You toss ad hom, after ad hom at me and then say I am fighting with you? When have I called you a single curse word? Questioned your sexuality? I only pointed out what should be obvious to eeryone . That is what this forum is designed to do. You do not even know THAT...

I cannot get pu@@y? Thought I was gay? Which is it? Take a look at my avatar genius. I am married to a 23 year old women who has loved me since she could walk so try and hold on to your composure. You should also try making your case instead of deflecting attention with ad homs.

Who made of anybody's race? You accuse me of that and then call me a fuc#ing Jew? Well, I guess you know how weak your whole line is and are trying to get them to close this thread.

TO MODS: Please do not vclose this. I mean it. I want to make an example for other posters. SERIOUSLY.

As for beatring my brittle bones, unlike you, I post my real name. I have included me full name, actual adress in the States, place of employment, army rank, batallion, divsaion, and even platoon. I have posted most of my adress in Israel (omitting my actual street adress out of respect for my 3 grown children who still live there) and many other things that allow anyone wishing, to find me easily . I do not list my current location because I am growing a couple of crops in a death penalty nation but as sure as it is cached you can believe I will do the same for here.

What about you? You CLAIM to be Indian, Punjabi, and living in BC, Canada. Why not stand up for yourself. You hide like a frightened child while tossing off challenges. Brittle bones? Maybe soon but 3 weeks ago I left the army after 24 years in uniform so that is not an apt description for the moment. Again, checkmy avatar or the photo I have in the Gellery and then stand behind yopur words.

You get mad and do not even know if a plabnt product can be powdered? You HAVE GOt to be kidding!

AGAIN: Indo Pak is a generic term for ALL Indian and Pakistani retail store products. Hey! Did yopu not claim to be Indian in Canada? Now I doubt you are Indian.

I did not doubt that the pics were yours, only that there is no way to tell as is. Also, it does not matter. I can take pics of curries all day. What will it matter?

The smoke burns? What DOES that mean? Anyway, you are not supposed to smoke opium genius, just heat it and inhale the vapours. If you can gain effect the way you are doing it we all know you are a fraud. Then again, maybe you are highly susceptible to placebos.

Why would curry cause diarreah? Now I know you must not be Indian. What a joker. OK Sanjaya, go smoke your curry. Hey! Want to buy some tandoori?

Mulberry: Seeds DO NOT contain ANY alkaloids. They CAN SOMETIMES have a residual coating if they are unwashed but that is as far as it goes. Could someone OD from seeds? Sure, just as you could if you walked a poppy field of any size when they are technically ripe. It does not mean that it is a way to ensure a psychoactive result. Please do some research before offering a definative statement like that.

"Opium is used as a cutting agent for hashish." While at the farmgate is it is indeed chaper than hash, it is NEVER used to "cut" hash. Opiated hash is a non existent thing, unless you were to make it yourself. So called Temple Balls and Afghan Opaited Hash are myths. Hash is often VERY black and VERY sticky. Hpwever, it is VERY rarely offered for commerical distribution for N.America for a very simple reason. It has a low profit margin. Heroin is much less physical volume and much greater profit. Addiotnaly, it is widely available anywhere opium is commercially grown.

From time to time Hmongs are caught growing it for themselves in Cali or in Minnesota and there ARE fields of commerical flower producers growing it there as well although it is highly illegal. They however grow to "cut" with.

Who said they were tropical? They can grow just about anywhere there is sun and a 70 percent soil saturation. They can grow in the tropics, especially if using a tropical variety like Natasha but that is neither here nor there since I did not touch on it.

As for whole fields growing wild, uh, nope. They could but you can rest assured someone would notice and they would be gone very fast. Even here where I live where growing it gets youkilled, a woman with a 50 meter field was spotted on her 1st crop.

There ARE poppies in Greenland but not opium poppies. Opium poppies are Papaver Somniferum.

rachamim-you are clearly a fuck-head flaming troll. id advise you to shut the fuck up and quit picking fights witht this dude. you do NOT come across as intelligent. you come across as an ignorant highschool bully who likes to yell and pick fights and tell other people how wrong they are. nice flame war. woo hoo!

sicko said:
Listen to me bitch boy just because your in the army doesnt phase me one bit im 19 6'1 220 pounds i work out regularly

LMAO....

sorry, I can't help but laugh when people try and prove how tough they are online by saying shit like that...

Oh yeah? I'm a 45 year old former Navy Seal weighing in at 260 lbs (pure muscle btw). I'm 6' 1" and work out FIVE days a week, eat a dozen eggs raw every morning and drink whey protein shakes like they're going out of style.

Prove me wrong, I dare you :p

ANYWAY, is there a final verdict on whether or not this dried opium powder really is just that...dried opium? I thought I heard someone else here say they were going to give it a shot...any luck?

maaaan, that was an awesome flame war!

sicko, keep us postes on the pheem, and take photos of it if you can, and also see if it smokes like tar..SHIIITT.... I almost choked when I saw the bags

Is it possible the powder is finely ground pods? Super strong variety maybe?

Rach the guy is Punjabi and speaks the language, I have no doubt he actually bought what he said he did from the store he said he did. Now the question is what happens when someone isn't the right skin color and doesn't speak the language goes in there and tries to buy some?

^
If it is psychoactive in anyway, I doubt that they will get served. I see it as being on the same level as Khat within the african communities. They sell it at some their stores in certain communities, but a regular white guy isn't going to be able to buy it.

CloudyHazeD said:
The seeds themselves CONTAIN no actual drug, its just alkaloids on the outside of the seeds that make 'seed tea' or seed extracts worth while.

thats absolutely not proven.

btw: cold water poppy extraction will give a dry powder in the end that works really good.

besides that:
@sicko: if he doesnt believe you, its not your porblem, or is it?
@rachamin: you dont sound half as cool as you`d like to.

maybe a mod should close this thread, its not harm reducing anymore as i can imagine sicko hittin his head against the wall because hes so angry ;-)

I am from Detroit, and I tell you that opium is growing in at least one persons yard on every block, its far cheaper than pot, and it is added to hash, usualy because the hash in Detroit is of poor quality made from leaves and stems mixed with a few buds, sometimes they add sage too, and even rubber cement!

Believe me, Detroit is a whole different world. The cops don't really care about opium or pot or even shrooms uness your causing a problem, or downtown with all the white people. Why should they though, they can arrest 50 n*****s for crack an hour, who cares what the white people are doing on 7 mile?

this is just fuckin nutty. i buy poppy pods in a craft store twice and they freak out and take them off the shelves... and in canada you can buy fuckin opium powder? good grief. man i love being American but you gotta say something for those canucks if they can get away with that

brainbug said:
thats absolutely not proven.

Wrong.

That is proven.

"Poppy seeds are used in the food industry to produce oil, on bread, and as bird seed. They DO NOT CONTAIN ALKALOIDS."

Cited from: Potter's New Cyclopedia of Botanical Drugs and Preparations; By RC Wren

Great find, Sicko. Keep us updated on the MOA...i might be making a trip up to BC in a few months. Been to Montreal a few times. Great place, but after your discovery I'd like to take a look around where you live. Becareful bro.