• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] DPT Dosage & Methods of Administration

Anyone consider IV'ing this bad boy? There are a few reports on Erowid but for the most part information is limited. I wouldn't go much above 15-20mg.

What am I looking at for duration?

Hey y'all. So I've recently ordered a sample of DPT HCl and I plan on using it via IM injection. I'm very experienced with psychedelics and am really looking to crack my head open. I know that I should work my dose up, but I really am impatient to go "balls deep" as it were, especially considering the reported magic of DPT. I am also pretty damn hard headed when it comes to most psychedelics and tend to use the highest dose of Erowid's "strong" bracket as guidelines for a normal dose. But judging by this thread IMing 100mg for a first DPT trip would be absurd. I have no fear of being overwhelmed mentally. I just want to know if safety and sanity wise I really should work my way up (start with 50mg and maybe have another 50mg shot loaded in the barrel if i want it). Or is it safe (albeit probably stupid) to IM 100mg right off the bat?

Don't rag on me for being impatient. I know I should be careful and all that and maturely plan trips and such. I know I should tirate. But I just want the question answered without judgement about my dosing choices.

Hey y'all. So I've recently ordered a sample of DPT HCl and I plan on using it via IM injection. I'm very experienced with psychedelics and am really looking to crack my head open. I know that I should work my dose up, but I really am impatient to go "balls deep" as it were, especially considering the reported magic of DPT. I am also pretty damn hard headed when it comes to most psychedelics and tend to use the highest dose of Erowid's "strong" bracket as guidelines for a normal dose. But judging by this thread IMing 100mg for a first DPT trip would be absurd. I have no fear of being overwhelmed mentally. I just want to know if safety and sanity wise I really should work my way up (start with 50mg and maybe have another 50mg shot loaded in the barrel if i want it). Or is it safe (albeit probably stupid) to IM 100mg right off the bat?

Don't rag on me for being impatient. I know I should be careful and all that and maturely plan trips and such. I know I should tirate. But I just want the question answered without judgement about my dosing choices.
Why not IM 50 mg then another 50 if it's not enough after 15-20 minutes, when you should be about plateaued? 50 mg is pretty strong -- my first ego death experience was on 60 mg. For me DPT has proportionally higher amounts of ego dissolving effects relative to other psychedelic effects, so disorientation and dramatic shifts in your sense of self are the sorts of challenges you're likely to contend with if you take too much (as opposed to the more cognitively heavy mind fuckery that a lot of other psyches often evoke at high doses). I get something like 5-MeO-DMT effects at higher doses.

100mg snorted shattered my ego in a VERY difficult way...the trip I am thinking of was so difficult I had to call a friend over to rescue me...of course by the time he came I was down.

I have since moved to IMing DPT as it's much more civilized than snorting stuff (how 'druggie' snorting is, isn't it! :) ). I've never taken more than 50mg in a muscle shot and that did not shatter my ego. Based on the classic literature (I'm thinking of the DPT experiments in the 70s to give dying people peak experiences), the dosages were usually 75mg-125mg (IMed) so I think the 100mg dosages is not that unreasonable. Now, I don't recommend that...I am not sure you could pay me enough to ever take 100mg DPT again...50mg does me just fine...actually 30mg works very well. But 100mg IMed is not that crazy.

In your estimation, how much material would one have to insufflate to produce a roughly equivalent 50mg IM'd experience, MGS?

Dunno. Snorting doesn't really give the same feeling...it is similar to how IMed ketamine doesn't feel the same as snorting it. I suspect they are roughly equipotent. Maybe the snorting is 10% to 20% less absorbable? Just guesstimating.

Could you elaborate on the different feelings from insufflation vs. IM injection?

IMed comes on 'cleaner' and 'smoother' and more consistently than snorting. It actually seemed 'gentler' than snorting it....and gentler is not synonymous with milder...its not mild.

Even with a clean nose and good 'snorting technique' its always a balance between losing some to the drip and keeping the snuff in the right place (burn) so it is absorbed. IMed is placing the drug in the muscle for capillaries to neatly carry it away. Far more sophisticated than snorting (and IMed is the only medically approved way to take DPT)...girls look at you like a doctor when you prepare their shot instead of 'snorting stuff druggie' when you prepare them a line!

Thanks for your response, MGS. I'll go with insufflation and start with 30mg. If everything goes well with that test, I'll increase the dosages of subsequent ones: 50mg, 70mg and 90mg.

Good call! I would not recommend more than 30mg to start by any route. I've seen 10mg up the nose cause a light weight to go a little batty. Definitely report back, thinking of revisiting DPT myself, haven't for years, and could use fresh perspective.

How how well does re-dosing work? If I did 50mg IM with another 50mg booster waiting for if/when I feel comfortable (I suppose 20 min), will the second shot significantly increase the effects?

Hmmm, :) I'd probably not use DPT for seduction but really the best way is to let the person who is to be seduced choose the substance themselves. The symbolism then becomes really apparent and even in the art of seduction there is always important lessons to be taught and learn!

Hahaha, I know. I just thought that post you made was too funny, as it put a picture in my head of you giving DPT to girls specifically for that purpose. I wasn't saying at all that I actually think you use drugs *to* seduce people with! :p What you just said makes a whole lot more sense.

Ahh we all seduce whoever we see and desire....don't we? For legal and ethical purposes, I have never seduced anyone with alcohol, depressants, or any kind of consciousness robing drug nor have I ever given a drug of any sort to anyone without their knowledge. I have certainly used some sexy psychedelics with others, not so much to seduce them, but to 'see whatever may happen.'

Only use drugs to seduce others if they have the exact same plan in mind for the evening ;)

I've become interested in DPT again. I would like to start with 10mg insufflated and take it from there. I have long sought this substance but for the last 13 years never taken the opportunity to partake.

I must wait until I have more accurate means of measuring the weight of things.

I'm sure most of you will consider 10mg a pointless dose, but knowing my body and mind these days I feel there is no rush to dive in the deep end.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello sir! Maybe the new name is why you never responded to my PM a few months ago?!?

/me waves to BD!

I used TFSE but didn't find anything.

I would like to hear some oral experiences. For now I don't want to use needles. Maybe if a friend who is an orderly could help, but that's not for now. I don't mind snorting a few mg's, with 5MeODMT or some 4HO tryptamine. But snorting 20+mgs is not for me.

I know it's not as effective but since I have 1.2grams I don't mind so much. Erowid states treshhold oral activity at 75mgs. I have already done a few mg's allergy test. I was thinking taking 50mg's orally for the first time. Would this be a waste ? Is it possible to take more after that, intensifying the experience ? Or would it be better taking +/-100mgs at once ?

An old friend always had success by dissolving DPT into orange juice...I don't know why that would work so much better for him, but it did. He said he would usually use 75mg-100mg.