• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Double standards in the drug world - WHY?

All the tween/teenagers chugging cough syrup and acting retarded adds some legit stigma to DXM imo, in the same way older stoners with good jobs get looked down upon for using a "kid drug" in the drug world.
You can find kids acting retarded on any drug. I suppose you're the type that considers prescription stims, kiddie coke, because kids have large access to them. Even though they are just as strong as their 'adult' counterpart.

I suppose you're the type that considers prescription stims, kiddie coke, because kids have large access to them. Even though they are just as strong as their 'adult' counterpart.

It's different with that. The type of kids they give those RX's to, it calms them. I'm like them, addy's or caffeine actually puts me too sleep. Coke relaxes me. So it's not like the kids getting prescribed kiddie coke are getting that hyped on it.

It's different with that. The type of kids they give those RX's to, it calms them. I'm like them, addy's or caffeine actually puts me too sleep. Coke relaxes me. So it's not like the kids getting prescribed kiddie coke are getting that hyped on it.
Yeah but their friends are. ADHD meds are overprescribed ridiculously too.

I've heard similiar things, people popping oxycodone like candy but no they would never try heroin that shit is evil rofl.

I was and still am of that opinion, I used to be prescribed OCs, enough to be strung out all the time. But there's no way in hell I'd ever do heroin. Why not? Because I'm not, and never have been in the 'illegal opiates scene', and having a connect for heroin (or another opiate) just a phonecall away scares the hell out of me, I would not be able to control myself. It wouldn't take me longer than a few days to get a number for it if I wanted, but I'm not looking.

There's a friend of mine whose brother sells pot & amp and there's been a few times since I stopped taking oxy he had this guy over strung out on oxies, asking my mates brother if he wanted to buy any. I could've easily scored some, plus a connect.
Well I didn't, I finished my bowl and left. For my own sake, I'm staying away from the street-opiate scene. I consider this a good reason because I know how I get with opiates.

Then again you probably mean people who buy OCs of the street already and already have super easy access to heroin, as in friends that already use it.

^Yes that was exactly what I meant. I understand perfectly why you wouldn't use heroin as you explained, I just don't understand those buying their oxys (without having a legitimate need for pain meds) on the streets and somehow thinking it's alot better than doing heroin.

I've heard similiar things, people popping oxycodone like candy but no they would never try heroin that shit is evil rofl.

I used to think like this, then tried it and wasn't much different from all the pharms I was so used to at all. Wasn't addicted even after 5 days of using during a an oxy script break, don't crave it or anything, just another opiate.

But I would NEVER broadcast that. sorry.

This conversation is very true but extremely complicated and intricate.

There certainly are double standards to the drug world, but in my mind, it usually comes down the most to the legal/illegal divide with drugs. Alcohol, tobacco, Dr.-prescribed pills, and synthetic weed too if you want to be inclusive, can be contrasted to any drug that's illegal or from the street...for me, personally, the debate is usually simplified to comparing weed to alcohol and tobacco over this legality divide - regardless of your thoughts on weed or potheads, alcohol and tobacco are near-universally seen as worse, although they are both legal and culturally acceptable to a degree, unlike smoking pot.

The thing is, I don't have much more experience than that so I'm not going to venture any further possible insights.

When I was 19 allot of the people in one of my circles of friends gave allot shit for wanting them to get me heroin because they thought I'd get addicted to it even though they'd always praise me for having better self control with drugs than them. I can understand they were just looking out for me since I was 5-6 years younger than most of them and we were real close especially my best friend's gf since she came from a family full of heroin addicts yet they'd have no problem getting me coke and oxy. They didn't show near as much concern even when I'd mix them together in the same line which is far more harmful than just doing heroin on its own.

I've met maybe 1 or 2 people that only IVed once. IVing is kinda fucked. It's really hard to come back after that.

I know a bunch of people who do it occasionally. I feel like opioid addicts are usually opioid addicts whether they are IVing or not, and for the most part, people who don't have that addictive tendency can IV opioids once in a while without issue.

It's been three years since I first IVed a drug and it's never become a habit.

Word. That's just something from my experiences with seeing my peoples IV. I'm an opiate addict even though I never personally IV. I don't think IVing is necessary for addiction, but I do think that IV use is a pretty dramatic escalation that - again, from my experiences - very few people ever come back from.

This kind of debate drives me crazy, I've personally got shit by people who do heroin for being on bupe and when I try to explain that I do it to stay away from dope, some people just think that it's easy to give up an addiction or something like that, especially if they did but that's not how addiction always works. I just get tired of people not realizing that different methods to quit work for different people and not everyone can just "quit" and never start abusing a drug of choice again just because they did it like that. I also am sick of being told I'm a junkie just because I shoot up, hell, I've seen people who sniff dope daily judge me and it's like judge your own life before you judge mine, you're a dope addict too! I laughed my ass off once when some research chemical junkie gave me shit about using heroin and bupe, my first thought was "Heroin and bupe have had many studies done on them, I know I'll probably still be mentally in this reality in 20 years but you can't say for sure that you won't be in a psych ward lol..."
I think a lot of it is just ignorance, it's like someone sniffing oxy who disses dope users, that person probably just hasn't figured out that they're using a drug very similar chemically to heroin or if they do know that, then they just maybe think that it's somehow "Safer" or "Better" because it was made in a lab and prescribed by a doctor but in reality, it can be just as deadly and addictive, especially if they shoot without a micron filter. IMO, if a drug is taking over your life, it doesn't matter what drug it is, an addiction is addiction and I don't believe any addict is better then another, we all lost our souls to something...

^Benzos are widely needed by many people. Benzos are addictive I know but they fucking work. I think they should be OTC. Then they might loose some mystique at least. They are good for medical use but I've never enjoyed the high. Benzos can slightly potentiate other drugs ex. cannabis, alcohol, and opiates. But I've never enjoyed any benzo by itself. I may have felt relaxed and tranquil at times from higher doses but not "high" or "drugged."

OP: skip to 1:40

Gotta have ativan

OK, I'm sure everyone has experienced this in some way, shape or form. WHY is it that individuals who indulge in drugs, be it a Tylenol regimen or a heroin habit, will sometimes be condescending towards another drug user, sometimes simply over another person's DOC?

I mean, shit blows my mind, for example a person will blow all kinds of money on pills, and rag on a person who buys $20 of heroin and receives triple the value, mg for mg, over pill consumption. My question is this - WHY do you think individuals judge others based on drug use/variance in drugs or ROA, what kind of flack have you received over your preferences, and just generally speaking, what the fuck?

IMO, a drug is a drug is a drug. Pot, kettle, black, glass house, all that.
Nah man, you have it all wrong, here on BL its all reversed. Like im pretty sure the heroin and meth addicts laugh at me for being a lightweight. Hardcore drug users are the cool kids here (kind of like high school). As for people judging your drug use, no judgement here. You might see me say id never take heroin or meth (i do that as a kind of mantra to keep away from drugs with high addiction potential). The world is so often shit and i begrudge no man or woman for seeking enjoyment or reprieve in drugs, whatsoever. In fact i find communities like this are typically more substantial re the quality of person than so much within so called upstanding society. There is a humbleness and wisdom to people who have known hardship and true pain (albeit through overindulgence) that is absent in much of society. Many addicts have faced death, at least once, and many find a new perspective within this. You should never feel bad about the attitudes of these would be superiors, because their thoughts revolve on mere cosmetics.

Only thing I noticed was the upper vs downer people.

The personalities would clash with or without drugs.
And hippies are in there own category.

I have seen meth dude go on a tirade about being more productive then people who smoke pot.

Alcoholics are the best , they never have a problem, it's always everyone else who has the problem. Usually functional never at fault, and sience it's legal somehow it's normal.

To people who use DMT - shut the fck up about it Jesus Christ. How many gems do you have in your rock collection lol. I would almost rather hang out with the hi-strung meth people, then hear one more self proclaimed guru of psychedelics talk about his third eye. It's not that cool , do whatever you want but don't walk around like your farts don't smell like everyone else.

This is all in good humor, my personal experiences with different people over the years doesn't mean I know every single person out there.