• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Double standards in the drug world - WHY?

I wonder if the double standards are related to the effects of the drugs themselves...I mean it's probably a dumb connection, but different personalities can go for certain types of drugs; like my old circle of ecstacy and coke users were a very hedonistic crowd, with them it was all about dancing and fucking and touching and meeting new people, and then you've got the heroin users; the guys I used to use with were all introspective, jaded, and quite aloof. The drinking crowd was all about macho culture; out-drinking the next bloke, drinking till you pass out, being loud and aggressive. As I say, there's probably nothing to it, but there could be a connection there.

I think there's a bunch of reasons

A big one is people still feel a bit guilty about their own drug use, as they haven't completely gotten over the socially instilled 'drugs are bad' message, these people IME are typically stoners or MDMA users
Then there's the stoners/psychedelic crowd who think their drug use is just mystical or expanding or whatever as opposed to the drunks/speedfreaks/junkies who just want to get high/fucked up
Then there's people who just find a certain state of intoxication annoying, eg people (me, lol) who find drunks annoying, people who find stoned people annoying, etc

People react to social stigma with strong disgust and quite irrationally, so when encountering another stigmatized group (eg, oh I dunno...tweakers? :p), people express such revulsion without careful vetting their views for hypocrisy; we become captivated by our own self-serving rationalizations.

ebola

Why? Easy! There are double standards everywhere in life so why not chemical use, especially?

Pretty much. There are so many social groups and personality types that get stigmatized.

Chemicals are worse than average though because there is a huge culture of ignorance, thanks in part to the War on Some Drugs.

Probably the worst double standard MHO is the prescription drug users (some of who do get dependent) that look down on illegal drug users. "Mother's Little Helper", as non-euphoric it is for many, is probably worse for you in the long run than weed.

She's not wrong. Heroin absolutely is some sketchy shit. That's perfect justification for not using it. What exactly do you want from her?

Sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining.

I'm not sure what "sketchy shit" is supposed to mean, exactly, but I can't imagine that heroin and the heroin scene is any less "sketchy" than crack and the crack scene, so I think that's sort of what Morphling was getting at, pointing out the obvious ridiculousness and absurdity of one's choosing not to do a certain substance because of its "sketchy"-ness when one already does a drug that is equally as sketchy if not more so...

The thing I've noticed from either my heroin dealers or my meth dealers is that, heroin junkies I've met feel that methamphetamine is the most dangerous drug, while conversely the meth tweakers feel that heroin is the most dangerous drug. Meh, I love both. Why have a dispute?

^ive used both in excess, and i gotta say, meth is definitely worse. i've shot more dope than i have meth, but i know for a fact that heroin doesnt harm me nearly as much.

Fact: Spice/Bathsalt users are retarded

really? every single one?
how many times does it need to be consumed to become fully 'retarded?'
how many mg per dose for full-on 'retatrdedness?'
when one becomes retarded, how will they know? do retards know they're retarded?
is this sudden onset of retardism reversible? or will one who uses bath salts be retarded forever?

Sorry you've misunderstood me. You switched the dependent and independent varibles. They aren't retard because they smoke spice, they smoke spice because they're retard.

Sorry you've misunderstood me. You switched the dependent and independent varibles. They aren't retard because they smoke spice, they smoke spice because they're retard.

Ahh. spice and bathsalts are about a bazillion miles away from each other in likeness though.
you just have a thing against RC's then in general? that's neat.

needles are fucked.
call it a double standard but its not.
needles are fucked

Ahh. spice and bathsalts are about a bazillion miles away from each other in likeness though.
you just have a thing against RC's then in general? that's neat.

Spice and baltsalts share the characteristic of being a random chemical, that the user has know idea what it is or what the dose of is. I'm talking about branded headshop shit, not proper research chemicals. I have nothing against research chemical users, just the ones that choose to injest an unknown compound - mystery laced plant matter or mystery powder.

Last edited:
needles are fucked.
call it a double standard but its not.
needles are fucked

i hate it when people say shit like that..."omg you stick a needle in your arm???? " they do the same shit in hospitals just more sanitary so how is that fucked??????

i hate it when people say shit like that..."omg you stick a needle in your arm???? " they do the same shit in hospitals just more sanitary so how is that fucked??????

It's fucked because it's dangerous, highly addictive, and complications are more than common. I IV and I still think it's fucked.

I've met maybe 1 or 2 people that only IVed once. IVing is kinda fucked. It's really hard to come back after that.