• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dopamine? And serotonin?

Not looking forward to it. i know its hardly doing anything anymore, yet i still end up with a new bag in front of me every few days. Its like magic 😕 lol

I always swear by eating protein just before I sleep. Sleep is when your body replenishes the neurotransmitter class that dopamine and seratonin belong to and you use protein to do it (forget the name .. cathelawhatsits). Obviously on a bender you've probably not eaten anything and your body will be breaking down your muscles .. so eat protein just before you sleep. Tins of fish / beef consumme are the things I go for .. you just gotta find something. On long runs .. eatting often helps trigger sleep anyway .. so it's a good ritual to get into.

The 3-4 day break you have to take between runs may not be entirely related to transmitter depletion though. I'm not sure .. but it's not like I can't take acid etc. and still get profound effects during that period. Who knows ...

Back when I didn't have so much tolerance that runs stopped being fun, I remember actually taking speed right through the 3 day period until it started working again. Not a great idea .. and repeatedly doing that would doubtless turn you into one of those constant amp users .. who don't seem to get much enjoyment from amps anymore. I think that why amps are prescribed for constant use to treat ADHD as it helps moderate that nasty side effect of euphoria.

Temazepam, sold under the brand names Restoril among others. Nup Temazepam doesn't work for me.

Temazepam doesn't even touch the sides for me either. I wouldn't bother with it for stim / post-stim issues at all. Valium in a pinch is worth it but for high-stress stim situations I reckon you can't beat Alprazolam / xanax though it is far more difficult to get hold of. I can get scripts from my doc for valium easily but never xanax.

I was curious to find I needed a 7 day break before feeling euphoria again but that my tolerance still required unhealthily heroic doses.

seems tolerance and dopamine depletion effects related but not same mechanism

I always swear by eating protein just before I sleep. Sleep is when your body replenishes the neurotransmitter class that dopamine and seratonin belong to and you use protein to do it (forget the name .. cathelawhatsits). Obviously on a bender you've probably not eaten anything and your body will be breaking down your muscles .. so eat protein just before you sleep. Tins of fish / beef consumme are the things I go for .. you just gotta find something. On long runs .. eatting often helps trigger sleep anyway .. so it's a good ritual to get into.

The 3-4 day break you have to take between runs may not be entirely related to transmitter depletion though. I'm not sure .. but it's not like I can't take acid etc. and still get profound effects during that period. Who knows ...

Back when I didn't have so much tolerance that runs stopped being fun, I remember actually taking speed right through the 3 day period until it started working again. Not a great idea .. and repeatedly doing that would doubtless turn you into one of those constant amp users .. who don't seem to get much enjoyment from amps anymore. I think that why amps are prescribed for constant use to treat ADHD as it helps moderate that nasty side effect of euphoria.
so drink a protein shake before i sleep? how many grams? can't i drink it during the day?

so drink a protein shake before i sleep? how many grams? can't i drink it during the day?
what about magnesium? eggs?

Man long boring weeks. You so right.
It's scary just thinking about it.
Lol I don't know how I took a month off last time. I guess it was because I was smoking THC wax as a substitute which gave me a good THC high for about 20 minutes but that THC wax cost $70 a gram at most places . I can so much meth for 70. :(
Damn where I’m from I get highquality wax for 20/g. Its key for my comedown

what about magnesium? eggs?
I usually drink them during the day. And I try to make sure I eat atleast 2 meals then I drink a beer before bed 😅

SamE suppliment works great. In 'alternatives to Prozac' book it scored higher all around in every academic test to it above Prozac. I can't recommend SamE enough

Edit: samE, is how it is written. Proun. 'Sammy'. S-adenosyl-L-methionine.

Last edited:
If you took a large amount of stimulants in one go, would redosing be useless because the initial dose depletes most of your dopamine? Is it more effective take redose with a larger dose or start with a large dose right from the beginning?

1.5 grams d-l phenylalanine before bed. Every night. Helps with depression, boosts all feel-good brain chems naturally.

Protien = yes, eat it, there is no real upper limit on how much or when you should have it in your diet. Digestion is a day-long process, your body will absorb the amino acids regardless of if you're asleep or not.

I am a firm believer that single amino acid supplements are a waste of money when you can just eat more protien. It's cheap and there's so many sources.

If you got the budget suppliments can help, but samE is the only one I noticed to have an actual anti-depressant effect. Other than that, good ol' protein (and sugar, despite all said about it, the brain runs on sugar) is without being said, a must.

The serotonin/dopamine from nutrients doesn't really have to do with the stimulant.

Theres different receptors of dopamine and serotonin and amounts