• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Does Salvia make anyone else angry??

MoRivera42 said:
I mean I didn't smoke enough to have a full blown trip. I took a very small hit to give me that light trippy feeling. Ever think maybe drugs aren't always used to get completly trashed?

It doesn't sound so weird. I get sleepy after smoking salvia. After the trip, that is.

colors said:
it's easier to handle when you're alone in complete silence and feeling peaceful before you hit it.

QFT

Under the influence of a drug as powerful as salvia, people can react unpredictably to unexpected stimuli. The best way to avoid this is to do the drug in an environment where the probability and intensity of extraneous stimuli are reduced as much as possible. I prefer doing it laying down, in complete darkness and silence.

In short, the take home message here is to do your homework and not be a moron, or hang out with morons, when using salvia. I don't think salvia causes any emotions on its own; it just amplifies stuff that is already there. Therefore, if you do it in a set and setting where you have decreased potential triggers for negative emotions, you shouldn't have problems like the outbursts of rage described in this thread.

The complete opposite. The afterglow from lady Salvia is fantastic, it makes me feel like I'm with the world, and this great sense of creativity explodes out from inside me. The only negative point is the terrible headache I get from it, I suppose that's the only part of the experience that makes me angry!

orangelicker said:
I know what you mean. If someone so much as smiles at me after i rip the bong I feel like I want to kill them. Good thing I'm pretty much immobilized.

My comedowns are always full of me screaming as loud as I can at the other person.

Although my friends are ass holes in the first place. One of my "friends" at the time decided it would be so fucking hilarious if he lit a smoke bomb during my trip and pointed it at my face. The sparks kept hitting me and I screamed at him to stop and he just kept doing it and denying that there were any sparks.
Lmfaoooooo!!

I'm sorry.

5-HT2 said:
I don't think salvia causes any emotions on its own; it just amplifies stuff that is already there.

With pretty much any other psychedelic I would be inclined to agree with you. However, there's just something very bizarre about salvia. From personal observation I have noticed that it tends to illicit intense, irrational fear or anger in many people -- which I'm sure stems from it antagonizing the kappa-opioid receptor and messing with the binding of endogenous beta-endorphin.

I would say that in the case of salvia it is very possible that it could illicit emotional responses that aren't simply amplifications of existing emotional states. Of course, however, I am only speculating.

orangelicker said:
Although my friends are ass holes in the first place. One of my "friends" at the time decided it would be so fucking hilarious if he lit a smoke bomb during my trip and pointed it at my face. The sparks kept hitting me and I screamed at him to stop and he just kept doing it and denying that there were any sparks.

That's horrible! Have you done it again since that? I only do things like this with people I trust completely, which in fact is only 1 person.

I wouldn't have been able to handle that either. Your girl needs to learn a thing or two about tripping and how to act around other people who are tripping. If someone is doing something I don't like, and they keep doing it, I will leave the setting. This is exactly why I like to trip alone some of the time. I know I can take care of myself, but I don't like having external stimuli that is out of my control.

This discussion might be better suited for sex love and relationships, but I would have a serious talk with your girl. What she did was pretty fucked up. Luckily, you were able to take control of the situation.

I don't like it when people try to fuck with me when I trip. It's just annoying, and a buzz kill. I try to cut people like that out of my life.

Salvia doesn't make me angry, but under the right circumstances, I can see how it could. Being in your situation, I don't know what I would have done.

Last edited:
my last salvia breakthrough i definitely spent the next hour very very very irritated...

Mmm... I'm dying to try some.
However, i don't plan to try it with others.
I hear it's better to do if i'm alone so that some bitch doesn't pull a fast one or anything.
Especially on my first time.
But anyway, from the stories i've heard, not many seem angry. They just seem out of it...

no

it makes me really confused

and then i get sleepy

and then i get really friendly

then i get hungry

I've never gotten a meaningful effect from Salvia, so I probably don't have a whole lot of kappa opioid receptors to go around. However, I know that mu opioids (the very few that I've tried, as I generally hate the opioid feeling) tend to make me feel frustrated and a little pissed off. Combine that feeling of frustration with Salvia's propensity for causing brief episodes of panic and I can see how you had a bad trip.

And I also second the bit about not tripping with brain donors that treat such experiences like Beavis and Butthead.

Roger&Me said:
With pretty much any other psychedelic I would be inclined to agree with you. However, there's just something very bizarre about salvia.

I would say that in the case of salvia it is very possible that it could illicit emotional responses that aren't simply amplifications of existing emotional states.

/agreed

Salvia is easily the most bizarre substance compared to all the other common (hell, and most uncommon) compounds out there. It can make you think, feel, say, and do some straight irrational shit. I've seen people become very irritated during and after an experience for no apparent reason. So yes, it's happens.

Tripping (if you can even call salvia a trip, but I'm speaking about in general) around annoying people is the worst.

Like any drug - the drug brings 50% to the experience and you bring the other 50%. If you're Charles Manson and you take LSD you are going to think some fucked up thoughts. If you're a teddy bear you will be all peace and love. The drug can only work with what you bring to it - it can't turn Ted Bundy into Gandhi.

yeah Ted Bundy started out as just kindly ol' Theodore Bundy. Then he tripped on LSD

^^ Um...I don't even know where to begin, unless you were being sarcastic. If not, let me just say that psychosis is psychosis--he would have been batshit crazy no matter what.

I refuse to smoke the stuff around other people. For whatever reason other people talking is the most irritating thing in the world while on salvia. :X

Trip sitters are great but they'd have to be quiet and well in the background... or else I have some inventive murder fantasies. How some people manage to enjoy it in the company of others is beyond me. If you had happened to strangle her it wouldn't be OK... but I would've understood at least.

AK

SWIM is annoying and does nothing to protect you, and therefore is not allowed in this forum. Be happy that I didn't edit it to a joke at your expense.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the OP- don't blame your gf. I wouldn't smoke salvia in a room with a person playing guitar hero.