• No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
Burgers are a common and popular type of sandwich,
other types of sandwich rarely have so specific names, or amount of variety,
and so are grouped just as sandwiches.

i guess "other sandwiches" would be more accurate,
but mneh.

depending on where you are, you may find a Panini section, or a baton section, as well as the "other" sandwiches.

So I ate half a container of yellow mustard once. 3rd worse stomach pain of my life. Was worth it, though.

It adds huge depth and savoriness to sandwiches. If it's overpowering, use less; sometimes I may only add about 5 "drops" to one side of the bread.

I try to experience mustard at least once daily.

I really think that depends on the type of mustard (dijon, spicy brown, etc.).. and what kind of things are on the sandwich. I personally think that mustard goes great on a ham sandwich.. or a hot dog..

Dave said:
abb_unten_senf.jpg

Proper mustard. Miles better than that yellow glue called French's. I'd venture that it's better even than Dijon mustards for most applications.

Wtf is wrong with french's? I love french's it's the fucking bomb. It goes good on anything. In fact i just had a bologna sandwich with french's mustard and it was wicked.

Well, IMO it tastes like nothing, and I'm not crazy about the texture. Anywhere that French's can be used, the mittelsharf in the pic you quoted would taste way better. It's got a bit of heat (hence the 'sharf'), but it's not burn-your-face-off hot, and is very flavourful as well. The bayerisch-suss on the far right is a nice, sweet mustard that is great with spicy sausage, and would go well on a hot dog if one isn't in the mood for heat.

I'm not even going to discuss bologna. No offence to you or other bologna lovers, but even when I ate meat I never particularly liked it.

faris said:
very extensive. can you address my question of why on menus, burgers and sandwiches are frequently separated? we could just agree to disagree you know. :)
You'd have to ask whomever created the menus. I dont own a restuarant;)

Americans just don't have a fucking clue.

If you're going to buy mustard, buy Euro.
preferably English, though Dijon is definitely superior for sauce-making.

whole-grain is also good, especially in a hand-carved, honey-roast, ham and mustard sandwich.

I'm not a fan of mustard, though I'll deal with it on certain sandwiches. But I feel the only place for mustard is in baked beans.

mustard with gouda sandwich delicious

apart from that mustard works well with bacon and in salads as a dressing (with a bit of oil and vinegar)

^ Mmm. German potato salad: Potatoes, bacon, green onions, oil, vinegar, MUSTARD.

this is not a subjective topic. mustard does, indeed, belong on sammiches. and also on big soft pretzels. end of discussion.

*locks thread*

:D

Fuck mustard, and fuck mayo. Mayo only goes for makin tuna fish. And mustard dont go with nothing. AND , miracle whip aint even a fuckin food. Its air. its made out of bizzarre chemicals. Whoever says miracle whips better than mayo is deluded. it aint nothing. it aint sweet, or salty, it aint creamy, its like eating air. or bubbles. its disgusting. It aint real food! Fuck eating air! That reminds me of the chicks on a diet who be like "o yea i totally love this lettuce, it is WAY better than dinner". shit yo, quit foolin yaself. The real deal is the best, and i dont even eat that shit unless its a tuna sandwich like i said. but shit yo. Im extremely anti miracle whip. shits just wack.