• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Does mustard belong on Sandwiches?

Does mustard belong on sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
mustard is the best condiment. if you don't like mustard you're probably a drug addict. oh wait... rofl. jk. i love mustard and do drugs.

IMO, the core of a sandwich is meat. you have the "fluff", literally, bread. i've never met a bread fan, it only holds the meat since meat usually doesnt go on your hands (see: wanking off) and something has to guard and hold the rest. then you've got cheese. cheese is good, but you always put more meat. then you've got condiments which add flavor to the sandwich, which at the core is meat, thus flavoring the meat. you've also got "toppings" for lack of a better word, which would include lettuce, pickles, onions, tomatoes, olives, etc. These also enhance the flavor of the meat. what is the most powerful flavor out of all of these, other than the meat? the condiments. mustard is the most powerful condiment. itoverpowers all. even if it doesnt belong on the sandwich, it's so powerful it forces its way in there and says shut up, i'm getting in your sandwich, all over your meat, and you're gonna eat me and taste me. meat is my friend, bitch. mustard man handles you and you can't stop it.

Last edited:
Alcohol120 said:
i've never met a bread fan, it only holds the meat since meat usually doesnt go on your hands
Strange:\ I love bread. It can, at times, be the best part of a sandwich. And I'm not talking about shitty pre sliced bread from jewel or anything. Home baked bread is the shit. %)

ewwwww....absolutely not...i am not a beliver in condoments on sandwiches except onions or mayo but only with ham on white bread...

~GH~

what is wonder bread?
or you takin the piss?

im talkin about that shitty white bread which feels like chewing sweet wet cardboard.

american bread is bad as well.
almost ALL bread in the shop in the US has sugar added.
ugh.

wonderbread_Full.jpg

wonder bread.

^yeah. I'm not a fan of bread from most big name supermarkets.
Wonder bread is some a famous(apparently not famous enough :p) brand of bread

As a child, we always had home-made wholemeal bread. Occasionally we would run out and have to buy a loaf of Mother's Pride or whatever (sliced white bread). I used to call it cake because it was so ridiculously sweet that I really thought that it was. Give me a nice seeded wholemeal loaf anyday. Perhaps with some nice nutty mature cheddar, tomato and, of course, some lovely wholegrain mustard... Mmm...

Mustard with turkey on sourdough FTW,

The_Idler said:
All you americans don't know what you're talking about.

you mustard is LAME and sweet.

Sandwich with dry roast ham (freshly carved) or pastrami, with English Mustard.

DELICIOUS

Get a pork pie, spread real mustard thinly on a slice

ENJOY

Toast a pitta bread, fry some (Real) bacon, slice open the pitta bread,
spread with mixed Philly and (real) mustard, insert (real) bacon.

DELICIOUS.

Allah forbids it.:|

I like the spicy whole-grain mustard that has been fortified with so much horseradish that it burns like the fires of a thousand suns if you accidentally breathe some vapor out of your nose.

mmm.

Mustard that has been sweetened is beyond foul... you can't call that shit mustard. Its some sort of cruel joke on mustard lovers, I think.

reality_check said:
people who like dijon mustard should be shot on sight

Gulden's spicy brown rules!

I leave the "Grey Poupon" to effete limo driving leisure class assholes.

fizzacyst said:
Mustard that has been sweetened is beyond foul... you can't call that shit mustard. Its some sort of cruel joke on mustard lovers, I think.

I respectfully disagree. Sweet mustards have their place, it's just very specialized. Wiesswurst (and other fatty/milk sausages) work best with a sweet, grainy mustard. Makes me wish that I wasn't a veg. Well, sometimes.

Dave said:
I respectfully disagree. Sweet mustards have their place, it's just very specialized. Wiesswurst (and other fatty/milk sausages) work best with a sweet, grainy mustard. Makes me wish that I wasn't a veg. Well, sometimes.

I like honey mustard on those bigass soft pretzels. If that counts. I sort of forgot about that. I still like for my honey mustard to burn in a semi-painful way though.

mmm, bratwurst cooked in beer. Mustard on 1 side of the bun, hot sauce on the other =D
Sure, it's not a sandwich, but it is delicious.

delta_9 said:
mmm, bratwurst cooked in beer. Mustard on 1 side of the bun, hot sauce on the other =D
Sure, it's not a sandwich, but it is delicious.

if the bun accidentally splits down the middle causing it to separate, would it THEN be a sandwich? you know, 2 pieces of bread with meat in the middle.....

just startin' trouble...;)