• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Does mustard belong on Sandwiches?

Does mustard belong on sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 19 24.7%

• Total voters
i've tried every type of the stuff out there. mustard is an abomination to all things human. at least human taste buds. i can't stand the stuff.

abb_unten_senf.jpg

Proper mustard. Miles better than that yellow glue called French's. I'd venture that it's better even than Dijon mustards for most applications.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Mustard.

It's only good in small amounts on certain things, IMO.

goatofthenever said:
I don't believe I've had mustard on a sandwich, other than sausage and hotdogs, more than twice in my life. It quite simply doesn't work. Mayonnaise, on the other hand, fits like some sort of tasty glove.

I think this is in that "What White People Like" thread. Obviously it's a stereotype but it seems to hold true. See Annie Hall.

The standard vinegar-ey, yellow, sour mustard in the US sucks, like French's or whatever. But I'm not an English mustard freak either. It's good but american brown mustard is right up there with English mustard. German mustrad kicks ass and French mustard is beyond all conception of deliciousness. Not to say that I don't appreciate Engliush mustard but it's not the only good mustard in the world.

Mmm, mustard. But don't even start on Miracle Whip. It just fucking WRONG. And what's up with salad cream in the UK? I'm too scared to try it.

yea def mustard on a sandwich. mayonaisse is gross as shit and goes bad if left out so it doesnt travel as well as mustard. nothing beats a good grainy french dijon. the horseraddish kind is good too on a pit beef sandwich.

also that bright yellow american mustard is kinda gross. its good on soft pretzels but the flavor is too one dimensional.

~*geNeRaTiOn E*~ said:
i like my sammiches with meat, and sometimes cheese, only. i'm a simple girl.

i dont like anything but meat and cheese too. simple and good.

oh yea, mustard smells bad too. :p :D

Hold the mustard, please. I'll take mayo on mine. And it must be Hellmann's!

real_mayo_jar.gif

Hellmann's is okay, but if you want the good mayo you've got to make it yourself. You'll never go back to pre-made. Mmmmm.

Really, comparing mayo to mustard is comparing apples and oranges. One is a spicy/flavourful condiment, the other is a creamy/sweet condiment. Other than some overlap in how they're used, the similarity ends there.

Personally, I like both on sandwiches. Or a good vegi-burger. Mmmmm.

artaxerxes said:
Pastrami, rye, mustard, nothing else. Sandwich of the gods.

I'm with you.

Also, on salami, and ham sandwiches. And, of course, on hot dogs!

I won't have mustard on Turkey sandwiches, that is a pleasure for mayo alone...

But ham, that's a different story.

oh, and what is pork pie?

Ya gotta go with both mustard AND mayo!

I know, i know, i thought it sounded nasty when i first heard about it.... but, trust me, it's freakin awesome.

Mustard alone is for hotdogs and Reubens only... imo.

I personally don't care for mustard of any kind unless it's in a recipe like potato salad or something. As for mayo, miracle whip is 1000X better!

People who don't like dijon mustard should be shot on sight!

PBF020-Skub.gif

Fucking mustard... there is little I detest more than mustard. My fiance loves it and I can barely stand to be around her while she eats it.

(My answer is clearly no)

And I also really hate mayo. And pickles.