• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Does fruit juice contain enough water to sustain life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Then we'd probably have to go back to what they did in Europe when there wasn't clean drinking water: Drink animal's milk or drink beer/brewed beverages. Do you know how laborous it would be to harvest all the fruit needed to sustain the current population? Or even half the world's current population. I know if there was ever a clean-water shortage, I'd probably be one of the first to die from dehydration, me drinking liters a day and all.

But did you forget what happened when they tried to employ this in Africa with powdered milk? They all got very sick. (most) Humans aren't supposed to drink milk, except from our mothers and only when we're babies. Most humans are lactose intolerant to one degree or another. Our bodies would adjust but it would take far too long. Not only that, it would be easier to cultivate fruits such as oranges, watermelons, ect than it would milk. The only reason we have so much milk/so many cows is because over 70% of our food subsidies are for meats.

^ I never knew they tried to employ it in Africa. Very interesting. Makes sense, since most blacks are lactose intolerant. Hell, as you said, most humans period are lactose intolerant.

I totally understand that we're only supposed to drink milk when we're babies and all that--I don't drink cow's (or any mammal's) milk. :p

It'd be interesting to figure out if it would be easier to cultivate all the fruit required versus all the milk required. Hopefully we never have to actually find out!

I'm closing this thread on this note: go give it a try and PM me back with your findings and I'll re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.