Does anyone have questions on bodybuilding supplements?

caffeine helps my mental focus more than physical. i take 300-400mg pre workout and it gets me in the crazy zone.

ditto on all of that. Tends to help physical exertion under longer/endurance type activities, but helps primarily just in your head for lifting.

i am a heavy meth user and i even just finish a month long binge. i am planing to be sober for months and get back to the gym i just purchased DREN by MHP Caffeine, L-5 Hydroxytryptophan, Beta Methoxyphenylethylamine, Yohimbine HCL. is this any good for me??:)

I'm sorry but I cannot even *touch* recommendations if you're coming off a 1mo binge, there's far too much about your physical state (ie I'd have to know you in real life to even begin to offer advice). Sorry all I can say is that product is overpriced for what it's good parts (yohimbine and caffeine - although I have little idea how good those would be after meth in terms of wear on you/your heart/etc, keep in mind yohimbine has a max 9mg daily dosage)

aanallein said:
caffeine helps my mental focus more than physical. i take 300-400mg pre workout and it gets me in the crazy zone.

Same here. I like to workout in the morning so I tend to workout right after breakfast and a cup or two of coffee. Helps me get in a few extra pushes at this point, but i'm still new to working out/lifting.

Alright I got to get to the gym because if I don't I'll just keep gaining weight.

I am 6'3", 240 lbs and I never really got into playing sports much. I am very out of shape, I'm talking like a 1/4 mile run has me winded.

So for someone in my situation could you recommend a exercise/diet regimen? Also are there supplements that would help me lose the weight while still building muscle? I'd appreciate any help greatly.

gaining muscle requires a caloric surplus, while losing fat requires a deficit. While you *can*, in theory anyways, do slight combos, they're by and large a waste of time - your muscle growth sucks and weight loss does too, it's just really pointless so most do bulk/cut sessions separately as it's far more effective.

I can answer further on exercise/diet in general, although it'd probably be better for you to start a new thread for that specifically, it should get more replies and is just a better spot - if you set one up plz link here, otherwise I'm gonna get back to you on that q in this thread sometime later today/tomorrow ;).

Dextrose - Glucose (the blurb on the site says "Dextrose, also known as corn sugar, is a simple carbohydrate. It is 70 - 80% as sweet as sucrose (table sugar) and is absorbed and utilised quickly, providing a rapid source of energy.")

or

Maltodextrin (the blurb on the site says "Although technically a complex carbohydrate, Maltodextrin results in a glycemic response similar to that of Dextrose.")

Which is better for pre, during and post workout?
I'll be sticking to carbs from food throughout the day.. didn't realise this stuff is £3 per kg so might as well get some with my whey order

Just wondered if energy that is practically just sugar is good for pre, during and post

neither - consider maltodextrin to be fully equivalent to dextrose for all intents and purposes around a workout, *except* for the sweetness level. The reason many weightgainers use malto over dextrose is because it makes the product far less sweet, and they get to write "complex carb" on the label, even though malto is just 2 dextrose together and the digestion is identical (blood spike and all that, so for pre/during/post the two are the same for all the needs a bodybuilder cares about, just decide based upon desired sweetness ;) ).

About how good it is during workouts, it does make a difference if you weren't getting enough carbs from the start, as that'd hinder your strength. Also, after a workout, the insulin spike from the high glycemic carbs, whether malto or dextrose, will help to get more protein/carbs/creatine/etc to your muscles, which is a smaller, but still useful, benefit.

GBL as a supplement..

I've never taken it before. If I'm to take this as a supplement and as a substitute to alcohol, as I drink far too much, should I just take it at weekends?

Or would it be effective in small doses post-workout?

Only use as a substitute for alcohol- it won't cause any improvments (raises cortisol too much... theres an old GHB thread around here somewhere that discusses it in depth).

I know you don't really need L-Glutamine or Taurine, but at £2.59 and £2.25 for 100grams, is it worth giving it a go? If I should only get one, which one?

Yeah why not. And I forgot to mention if you want GBL I'd stock up quick... the UK are planning to ban em pretty soon...

I'd go w/ the taurine were I to buy one, simply because I'm convinced the glutamine pills are barely worth the time it takes to swallow them, and the taurine, well, it's got more promise imo. Glutamine intake should already be 100% sufficient if you're protein intake is sufficient, so further supplementation is basically an exercise in futility.

Good thing I only ordered the taurine then :)

Figured I eat enough meat already for my glutamine

yup if you eat a lot of meat you're set. The only way you'd be low is if you were missing your protein levels, OR you *may* be able to get low on it, I'm not sure here, but maybe if you were a vegetarian doing the amino-matching they do, maybe you could still get enough protein and be on the low end of glutamine, but for a normal diet, if the protein is good for the day, so is the glutamine.

hi bingalpaws

i am taking marijuana daily to fight meth craving. and since i stop meth i gained a lot of pounds, i currently working out(dancing) and i am planing to take universal green tea. here is the ingriedients

90 Capsules
Supplement Facts
Serving Size2Capsules
Servings Per Container45
Amount Per Serving % DV
Green Tea Extract† 750mg *
Quercetin 50mg *
* Daily Value (DV) not established
Other Ingredients
Green Tea Extract, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin, Stearic Acid

† A unique and proprietary green tea extract which has been standardized to contain 90 mg of the polyphenol, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) and 50 mg of naturally-occurring caffeine.

will it have bad reaction with my daily marijuana use??:)
i really need marijuana to fight craving. but i need some supplements to burn a lot of pounds:)

gbl is better 10x better than alcohol if you are bodybuilding.

GBL is an anti catabolic, whereas alcohol is a catabolic.

bighooter said:
gbl is better 10x better than alcohol if you are bodybuilding.

GBL is an anti catabolic, whereas alcohol is a catabolic.

You got a source for that? :\