• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does anyone else pefer synthetic cannabanoids to normal cannabis

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Lately I prefer the high from synthetic cannabanoids much more than natural cannabis. It's not as enjoyable to smoke but I prefer the high its more euphoric I'm aware its much more addictive and dangerous.

I really enjoyed JWH-018 and HU-210 when they were around. I don't find many other synthetic cannabinoids to be as enjoyable as cannabis, but those were very good, definitely greater than or equal to good bud.

Do the newer blends of these synthetic cannabinoids resemble cannabis at all? I remember I had a gram and a half (or so) of JWH-018, a nice white powder. Lasted about 2 years. Measured it in a solution to get about 50 mgs in a gram of parsley and that was strong enough to where one hit felt like 2 or 3 hits of good cannabis. I had a couple of small amounts of others after that but then stopped. I did really like JWH-018. Kept it light enough to not see anything sinister. However I did OD once trying to get it right. Had the most terrifying high, seconds felt like minutes. I had to hold on. After that I was cautious.

Thankfully cannabis is legal where I am. Have not had a synthetic in over 10 years. But when I see videos of people smoking the new spice it does not look like a cannabis high but a strong drug high.

Just a personal preference, but I’ve never tried synthetic Cannabinoids and never will. Reason:unknown binding affinities at CB1 and CB2 receptors. The potential danger imo lies in the fact that CB2 receptors all over the body. For example I think JWH-25(?) had an affinity for mitral valve CB2 receptors 10x that of Cannabis.

After many years of Cannabis consumption, I know how goodly and badly it can affect me. Not wanting to experiment on an unknown with serious risk potential I just decline the synths.

Tom

Just a personal preference, but I’ve never tried synthetic Cannabinoids and never will. Reason:unknown binding affinities at CB1 and CB2 receptors. The potential danger imo lies in the fact that CB2 receptors all over the body. For example I think JWH-25(?) had an affinity for mitral valve CB2 receptors 10x that of Cannabis.

After many years of Cannabis consumption, I know how goodly and badly it can affect me. Not wanting to experiment on an unknown with serious risk potential I just decline the synths.

Tom
Interesting. So, it's not just partial vs full agonist.
∆8 has more affinity for CB2 and thus makes your tolerance shoot up, but it's a partial agonist.
CB1 and CB2 are a thing with the smoke shop cannabinoids. I did not know about subtypes of CB2.
Are ther subtypes of CB1?

What gets me is how different JWH-210 was from JWH-018. Here is the thing. Cannabis has a big mix of cannabinoids. Yet some of these synthetics were single substance that locked in receptors a little different from each other. JWH-210 was total couch lock, no head snappiness. JWH-018 was a mixture of head snappiness and couch lock. A few others I tried had no couch lock and wore off in half an hour. 5F-UR-144 was total head snappiness, for 20 minutes then wore off like you had nothing. No couch lock. JWH-210 lasted 3-4 hours.

So the study that can be done with some of these synthetics and how the receptors work should have been important. Instead they just get banned and now we have this whole area of study just sitting.

Honestly I only had a few of these when they first came out. I really thought they were fascinating. But even on a board like this they get demonized and labelled as bad. Sure I agree we do not have to ingest it to study it. But now no one can study it.

What gets me is how different JWH-210 was from JWH-018. Here is the thing. Cannabis has a big mix of cannabinoids. Yet some of these synthetics were single substance that locked in receptors a little different from each other. JWH-210 was total couch lock, no head snappiness. JWH-018 was a mixture of head snappiness and couch lock. A few others I tried had no couch lock and wore off in half an hour. 5F-UR-144 was total head snappiness, for 20 minutes then wore off like you had nothing. No couch lock. JWH-210 lasted 3-4 hours.

So the study that can be done with some of these synthetics and how the receptors work should have been important. Instead they just get banned and now we have this whole area of study just sitting.

Honestly I only had a few of these when they first came out. I really thought they were fascinating. But even on a board like this they get demonized and labelled as bad. Sure I agree we do not have to ingest it to study it. But now no one can study it.
Yea some synthetic cannabanoids wear off quick and have no linger after affects like with weed even after I'm not high I will still feel monged out and stone over throughout the day with these I just feel completely normal probably due to other cannabanoids in weed

for like 2 years ounces of hash were cheaper than oz's of weed and looking back I bet that was a synthetic on some nonsense. Only way it makes sense. (before MI legalized)

JWH is bad news and dark water. You don't wanna blow your cannabinoid receptors out. That would be the worst thing ever.. loll

Do the newer blends of these synthetic cannabinoids resemble cannabis at all? I remember I had a gram and a half (or so) of JWH-018, a nice white powder. Lasted about 2 years. Measured it in a solution to get about 50 mgs in a gram of parsley and that was strong enough to where one hit felt like 2 or 3 hits of good cannabis. I had a couple of small amounts of others after that but then stopped. I did really like JWH-018. Kept it light enough to not see anything sinister. However I did OD once trying to get it right. Had the most terrifying high, seconds felt like minutes. I had to hold on. After that I was cautious.

Thankfully cannabis is legal where I am. Have not had a synthetic in over 10 years. But when I see videos of people smoking the new spice it does not look like a cannabis high but a strong drug high.

Back in that era when JWH-018 hit i was vaping about a gram of it a week, and tripping absolute balls pretty much the whole day. That said my method was horrible, i used to just sandwhich 20mgs or so in a glass bowl of the mullein leaf. Try and hold the lighter above of it vaporize like you smoke DMT.

The first time it absolutely knocked my dick in the dirt and i had what we called at the time a J-Hole. Incredibly visuals rainbow kaliescopic but insane level of anxiety i was bugging, had to run into the shower and that sorta helped. I smoked pretty much all of the noids on the market at that time for about two years, and then i started developing breathing problems.

Think it was because i was burning part of it, really fucked me up proper and i had to quit smoking cigarettes, for life. Id abused the fuck out of the stuff tho even got full blown withdrawals like heroin when i quit, wish i just made blends and dissolved the powder in acetone and sprayed it on leaf, im sure it would have been "healthier". Ive also got Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome now and im sure its related.

^ Whoa CC. I remember reading about such extreme use with people. That is an awful lot of full spectrum use. I always wondered how people go through gram of that in a week. That’s probably like smoking 2 pounds of weed in that time probably more, probably much more.

Hopefully you’re able to smoke a little weed these days CC, I suspect CHS can remedy itself if people take care. In fact, I had been reading about people that continue smoking, and eventually it goes away for some people so hopefully you didn’t wreck that whole cannabinoid system. Fascinating.

I always thought it was stupid that they scheduled some of these cannabinoids because there was a lot to learn from them.

Last edited:
^ Whoa CC. I remember reading about such extreme use with people. That is an awful lot of full spectrum use. I always wondered how people go through gram of that in a week. That’s probably like smoking 2 pounds of weed in that time probably more, probably much more.

Hopefully you’re able to smoke a little weed these days CC, I suspect CHS can remedy itself if people take care. In fact, I had been reading about people that continue smoking, and eventually it goes away for some people so hopefully you didn’t wreck that whole cannabinoid system. Fascinating.

I always thought it was stupid that they scheduled some of these cannabinoids because there was a lot to learn from them.

My CHS is a nightmare and i cannot smoke Weed at all without rolling the dice ill get hit with a flareup and then vomit for a week straight. It didnt set in permanently directly after the synth noids. But when i moved to NYC and got this crazy good delivery plug for Shatter and edibles for a couple years. This was amazing for the time that is, i actually have a better plug now i use for my girl that is mindblowing cheap, but anways.

I would eat a stupidly large amount of edibles daily and vape shatter constantly and then one day a flip switched and i got super sick and vomited non stop for days, i was freaked out cuz i wasnt on opiates or in withdrawals from them at the time id kicked Tramadol a few months prior. Went to the hospital and they didnt know what was wrong.

Got better after a week and went back to cannabis consumption around the clock, three months later it happens again. This time at the hospital a doctor asks me if i smoked Marijuana and brings up CHS, i said yes but told her thats bullshit and not whats happening. I love Weed so much and was in complete denial, i actually storm off and leave the hospital, lol. And go home and smoke more Weed.

A month after that it happens again, and i knew 😔

Couple years after that when Delta 8 came out i used it for four months before i got sick and for awhile there i thought id found a loophole. But alas, a seven day vomit fest. Only thing that helps is being in a super hot bath, so id be in the tub like 10hrs a day and my roomate was like what in the fuck i have to use the bathroom dude. Not the best scenerio i caused our water bill to go up 4 times normal.

Im done with Weed for the rest of my life, if their was a chance it would get you as sick as i get you wouldnt do it either Jack. Its fucking bad man close to acute Opioid Withdrawals in ways. The nausea just wont stop and you just end up puking bile for days and days, i cant hold down food and water and pray for death, no thanks.

There is lots of other drugs out there.

Last edited:
My CHS is a nightmare and i cannot smoke Weed at all without rolling the dice ill get hit with a flareup and then vomit for a week straight.
Yeah, that sounds like a nightmare, maybe cannabinoid receptors finally say fuck you, who knows. In an autoimmune type of way. I know drugs do turn on people at times, just never really heard it too much with weed until CHS. We know lots of other drugs can turn on people in a bad way. With CHS it seems the experiences are all over the board, I’m always looking for a reason why something like that would happen.

You are right CC, there are plenty of other drugs. I guess wisdom would dictate to not overdo to any great degree. A Person needs to stay healthy you know?

Yea I used to love aB pinaca and fubinaca. Probably guaranteed my cancer from smoking that shit

Hemp derived edibles are the bomb.
I'm in texas, no legal marijuana at all.
But thanks to congress hemp bill in 2018, delta8,9,10, hhc, and all the CBD spectrum is legal and becoming main stream. I love it, gets mailed right to my door.

High times did a list of safe delta8 companies to try a few years ago, that's when I found 3chi. It's weed, not jwh, it's real THC just chemically extracted from low THC hemp or CBD.

End result, Im getting absolutely wrecked whenever I want for a few bucks. I use a 25 mg 1:1 cbn to thc9 for sleep. Or 30 mg d8 for fun.

Interesting. So, it's not just partial vs full agonist.
∆8 has more affinity for CB2 and thus makes your tolerance shoot up, but it's a partial agonist.
CB1 and CB2 are a thing with the smoke shop cannabinoids. I did not know about subtypes of CB2.
Are ther subtypes of CB1?

I don’t know about smoke shop cannabinoids (synths, right?); but there just are CB2 receptors all over the body, except not in the brain where the CB1 receptors sit. The best way I have of explaining it is that there is a body/organism wide endocannabinoid signalling network using the body’s natural cannabinoids. Here is a link from the University of South Carolina

Two natural endocannabinoids in people are anandamide, or AEA, and 2-arachidonoyl glycerol, known as 2-AG.

Some people call Cannabis the ‘tree of life’ or a ‘gift from God’. Maybe certain branches of human evolution have prospered (or died out) b/c of an ability or inability to respond to this plant. The reason I’m scared (honestly and literally) of synths is that they have different abilities to bind to different receptors all over the body. I just don’t know if scientists have isolated, purified and sequenced CB2 receptors…..and found or not differences.

Tom

Some cannabicyclohexanols are crazy strong. A Greek researcher swapped the 2-methyloctan-2-yl side-chain to a 2-cyclobutylhexane and affinity was x200 higher.

Because it makes the side-chain more rigid (mostly) and increases LogP (a bit).

But those things are dangerous. I would shorten that chain to reduce duration.

I don’t know about smoke shop cannabinoids (synths, right?); but there just are CB2 receptors all over the body, except not in the brain where the CB1 receptors sit. The best way I have of explaining it is that there is a body/organism wide endocannabinoid signalling network using the body’s natural cannabinoids. Here is a link from the University of South Carolina

Two natural endocannabinoids in people are anandamide, or AEA, and 2-arachidonoyl glycerol, known as 2-AG.

Some people call Cannabis the ‘tree of life’ or a ‘gift from God’. Maybe certain branches of human evolution have prospered (or died out) b/c of an ability or inability to respond to this plant. The reason I’m scared (honestly and literally) of synths is that they have different abilities to bind to different receptors all over the body. I just don’t know if scientists have isolated, purified and sequenced CB2 receptors…..and found or not differences.

Tom
Late to the game answering this. No, not synths as you are likely thinking of them.
∆8THC was the first and is the most common. It hits CB2 receptors harder than CB1. As you likely know, ∆9THC hits the CB1 harder than the CB2.

Late to the game answering this. No, not synths as you are likely thinking of them.
∆8THC was the first and is the most common. It hits CB2 receptors harder than CB1. As you likely know, ∆9THC hits the CB1 harder than the CB2.

Ah, and CB2 receptors are found all over the body. I didn't know that about delta 8 and it MAY explain toxicity. Dosage is also key. A light dose of delta 8 felt very mild but these were sold in The Netherlands as being 'the legal ones' although the PSA bans everything and anything that's mind-altering 'if consumed' but seems crazy because isopropanol is freely available....

UK law would struggle with anything 'dual use', Starter fluid has ether in it, doesn't it? But that's not banned. In Africa people huff petrol (gasoline) and I don't see Shell in court.

Ah, and CB2 receptors are found all over the body. I didn't know that about delta 8 and it MAY explain toxicity. Dosage is also key. A light dose of delta 8 felt very mild but these were sold in The Netherlands as being 'the legal ones' although the PSA bans everything and anything that's mind-altering 'if consumed' but seems crazy because isopropanol is freely available....

UK law would struggle with anything 'dual use', Starter fluid has ether in it, doesn't it? But that's not banned. In Africa people huff petrol (gasoline) and I don't see Shell in court.
Well, the thing that is definitely an issue is that people take larger doses of ∆8 to get the same CB1 effects. Then tolerance skyrockets due to the large CB2 effect.
I know people taking crazy doses of ∆8 since it's readily available. Then they need large doses of ∆9 as well.