Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Doctor Shopping for Pharms

AlexxRed

Bluelighter
Hi All,

Interested in getting any information from people that have or know someone that has tried/had experiance with Doctor shopping for pescription drugs.

Wondering what types of drugs that people have tried to get or would be popular? ie. valium or other benzo's, dexies.

How hard have people found it and are there ways to beat the system?

I ask because have been involved in some work/discussion at university about the safe guards that are in place to stop this.

I wonder what the reality really is as it seems there are plenty of people getting onto just about "anything". But how are they doing it???

qestion, why does a pharmaceutical company exist?

obvious answer - to make pharmaceuticals. wrong. the answer - it exists to make money...

or as mah momma always said, son, if ya cant figure somethin out, look for where the money goes.

Man doctor shopping is easy.....

edit: sorry, I'm not cool with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry guys, just removing all the instructional stuff. Fry-d-'s point below is a good one.

I no longer doctor shop as pharms can ruin your life, just because it's a prescribed drug do not under estimate them..they can be very addictive and you probably wont even realize that you are addicted. My best mate started by stealing benzos from his mum, he's now 22 and needs benzos to function.

Make sure you do not see more then a couple of doctors, else it wont be long before they click on that your a doctor shopper, once youve been caught for doctor shopping you will be watched.

I'm not to comfortable with this thread. I'm ok with it staying if your only discussing the whys and whats about doctor shopping but if it becomes a list of how to go about it the thread will be locked.

You can't doctor shop for addictive drugs in Australia from multiple doctors in the same time period.

To get something like xanax for example, you need an Authority Prescription which the doctor has to ring up some government department in front of you and give your details and the prescription. If for example you got the same prescription 2 weeks ago from another doctor they will inform him and you won't be able to get it and probably have that recorded so it will be difficult to ever get tightly controlled drugs again.

My psychiatrist explained this when I was prescribed xanax and asked him who he was riniging up when he made the prescriptions.

It doesnt apply to temazepam and other less tightly controlled drugs just the ones with high abuse potential.

Of course as long as the prescriptions are spaced out there probably won't be much problem, although if you have xanax prescribed by a different doctor each month I'm sure they will notice soon and you won't be able to get it.

I think there are alot tighter controls here than in the US, which I think is a good thing.

the best opiate you will get is codeine in the form of panadeine forte you might get tramal which is tramadol but that is a bit harder, you wont get anything stronger than that without putting yourself in alot of pain.

i was able to get xanax and valium but it took some time.

i have never been able to get any amphetamines but im sure that they would be between opiates and benzos in terms of difficulty to get.

btw, all of this was legitimate i have never doctor shopped and never will.

i managed to stay on tramadol for 4 yrswithout being questioned
my friend went to her shrink tweaking on meth and he diagnosed her as having severe ADHD - now shes got ritalin to play with
shrinks hand out drugs the easiest IME

basix said:
You can't doctor shop for addictive drugs in Australia from multiple doctors in the same time period.

To get something like xanax for example, you need an Authority Prescription which the doctor has to ring up some government department in front of you and give your details and the prescription. If for example you got the same prescription 2 weeks ago from another doctor they will inform him and you won't be able to get it and probably have that recorded so it will be difficult to ever get tightly controlled drugs again.

My psychiatrist explained this when I was prescribed xanax and asked him who he was riniging up when he made the prescriptions.

It doesnt apply to temazepam and other less tightly controlled drugs just the ones with high abuse potential.

Of course as long as the prescriptions are spaced out there probably won't be much problem, although if you have xanax prescribed by a different doctor each month I'm sure they will notice soon and you won't be able to get it.

I think there are alot tighter controls here than in the US, which I think is a good thing.

I have recieved valium and serepax from one doctor, valium and mogadon from another doctor and clonazepam from another and valium from another all at the same time.

Yes, but if you were to continuously shop for a known abused drug, e.g panadeine forte, you will be caught sooner or later. I know of a guy who was caught doing just this about 5 years ago.

He had a pretty bad codeine addiction, and when he was caught he was committed for rehab. He was a very wealthy guy, and his family tried in vain to get him out of rehab. Of course, as soon as he did get out, he went straight to a GP and tried unsuccessfully to get a script.

valium and other benzos are a known abused drug....

I'd say codeine would be watched mainly because it's a precursor to homebake heroin.

valium and other benzos are a known abused drug....

I'd say codeine would be watched mainly because it's a precursor to homebake heroin.

All I'm saying is that if you obtained quantities considered unreasonable, then sooner or later someone will catch on.

My GP will supply me with virtually anything I ask for (if it's possible) but regardless of what I ask for (or he recommends) he will always have a quick check to see what other meds I might be taking, if I'd been prescribed the drug before, and if so, how long ago.

I'm quite sure it's not because he doesn't trust me, as I'd never abuse the privilege of 'virtual self prescription'. It's just his usual thorough procedure where his clients' medical history is brought up on screen before any decisions are made. Perhaps he's a rarity and most doctors are just really slack with records?

Personally, I think they should be de-registered.

ROFL, where did you hear that?

Codeine has long been associated with homebake heroin. It's a simple procedure but generally is performed using 2 chemicals, acetic anhydride and pyridine. Both are schedule I chemicals, meaning they can only be sold to account holders (of the chem supply company) and an End User Declaration (EUD) must be sigend by the purchaser or representative thereof.

phase_dancer, i agree once you obtain a suspect amount of abused drugs they will catch on, you will get a nice letter from all your doctors who have been notified and a nice PBS booklet saying "Are you getting more prescriptions than you need?" which my friend also recieved.

the_ketaman, i suggest you do a little research before you spend time on the floor laughing about something you seem to know shit all about. 8(

:p lol

that sucks that those chems are illegal. is it hard to synth acetic anhydride or pyridine coz that would be my only chance of doing H for a long time.

these are the chemicals i need to find next, this makes me very excited.

I have a friend who has access to pyridine, but this would only convert the codeine to morphine as AA is reacted with morphine to make heroin.

SWIM was seeing about five different doctors; two under SWIM's real name and the other three under a false one, claiming to be from overseas in these instances and hence not under the watchful eye of Medicare. SWIM's exploits included obtaining bottles of clonazepam, Xanax, temazepam, Halcion and packets of Valium, Mogadon and Xanax. SWIM was addicted for several months and has had to take tapered doses of Valium over a six-month period.

is it hard to synth acetic anhydride or pyridine

Both can be synthesized but the authorities have been on to that for some time.

One method of making pyridines is from condensation of acrolein, aldehydes and ammonia.

The US production capacity of Acetic Anhydride is ~1,000,000 t / y. Several industrial processes have been used over the years, but the usual clandestine approach is to produce it from acetyl chloride. this has been known for some time, so this chemical is restricted also. It too can be made - like most things - but the important consideration if contemplating this is that phosgene can be produced if the reaction temp gets too high. Phosgene is a highly toxic and deadly choking agent that attacks the lungs causing pulmonary oedema. Phogene accounted for 80% of the chemical related fatalities in WWI

During and immediately after exposure, there is likely to be coughing, choking, a feeling of tightness in the chest, nausea, and occasionally vomiting, headache and lachrymation. The presence or absence of these symptoms is of little value in immediate prognosis. Some patients with severe coughs fail to develop serious lung injury, while others with little sign of early respiratory tract irritation develop fatal pulmonary oedema. A period follows during which abnormal chest signs are absent and the patient may be symptom-free.

This interval commonly lasts 2 to 24 hours but may be shorter. It is terminated by the signs and symptoms of pulmonary oedema. These begin with cough (occasionally substernally painful), dyspnoea, rapid shallow breathing and cyanosis. Nausea and vomiting may appear. As the oedema progresses, discomfort, apprehension and dyspnoea increase and frothy sputum develops. The patient may develop shock-like symptoms, with pale, clammy skin, low blood pressure and feeble, rapid heartbeat. During the acute phase, casualties may have minimal signs and symptoms and the prognosis should be guarded. Casualties may very rapidly develop severe pulmonary oedema. If casualties survive more than 48 hours they usually recover.

From here

While homebake H may not be a terribly complex process, any manufacturing of the chems used would require a sound knowledge of dangerous chemical handling and organic syntheses techniques. This is partly why current regulations restricting AA and Pyridine are quite effective in preventing homebake. Combined that with the tight regulations placed on codeine and there's not that many options open to would be cooks.

Obtaining 30mg codeine + paracetamol requires a simple GP script - which serves to help limit the maximum a person may obtain in any one time. But obtaining codeine phosphate alone is a different matter all together. A special permit is required, and the product must only be shipped in small quantities, and only to an authorized distributer/outlet. This can be very difficult for some people who really need the drug. My mother in law [ ex nursing sister] got bitten by a centipede and developed a terrible infection in her leg. The bacteria was never identified, and the long healing period meant she was in constant pain. She needed quite large doses of codeine and panadol was considered inappropriate. They would only issue a 2 week supply at one time, and she had to drive great distances to obtain it.

edit: please, no "how to" posts people. doctor shopping is illegal and can land you in the shit.

drug_wench said:
shrinks hand out drugs the easiest IME
True dat. If you're willing to shell out to see a psychiatrist, he'll script you any old shit. I walked out of my last psych appointment with 300mg alprazolam (Xanax), 500mg diazepam (Valium) and 400mg Stilnox.

HOWEVER - this was not doctor shopping; I take these meds for their legitimate purpose and it'd be a long time before I saw him again due to significant international travel in the meantime. Also, at $150+ an hour to see a psychiatrist, the question becomes "is it worth it?" (for recreational purposes anyway). I'd say no, personally.