• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do your 'real life' friends know about your Bluelight life?

In Melbourne - All of my friends are somehow because of Bluelight or are regular Bluelight users.
In Perth - Most of friends are from Clubbing/Mirc/Bluelight/Work
In Sydney - Most of friends are old Perth friends from and the Club/Work scene

I dont hide anything from anyone with regards to Bluelight. In fact I encourage most of my friends to use bluelight because 99% of them are drug users. I even told my Uncle about this site and encouraged him to educate himself for the sake of his daughters when they grow up.

My folks know I do something on the internet and thats how I meet heaps of people, including my s/o, but I dont tell them its Bluelight... somehow I dont think they would understand ;)

dialated665 said:
But when they go out n get thier pills i will ask if they have tested them.... and they will say....

"arrr fuck that, its more fun not knowing whats in them cos its a suprise, anyways they have heroin & coke cos thier blue"

I usually reply "oh WoW sic"

LOL.... =D

My boyfriend call's BL my other partner, I dont really post much, only when i got something different to say usually. Or when i feel really strongly about a topic. But im always lurking.. always.. But none of my friends know about the site. I try to keep it from them, i put stuff here that i wouldnt tell them.

God I hate to admit this, but some times I show my friends from The IRL pictures of Aishas Star and tell them she's a girl I met on vacation in Holland and that I sexed her up like a pair of piano keys.

Yeah, they know about it. I don't have a huge amount of bluelight "friends" (friends meaning that i've spent quality time with them IRL), and a majority of my mates are people i've met through other friends, etc. My best friend isn't a bluelighter and has no interest in the site really, but i find it's a nice balance as we don't talk about bluelight at all, except when i tell her about online drama ;)

Really though, it's not an issue with anyone i know. They don't particularly care.

Pretty much everyone in my life knows about my internet friends. A lot of my best friends are people who I have met through (or communicate with regularly with through) the internet.

I'm not ashamed of having found another way to meet amazing people with whom I have heaps in common with.

The longer I've been on bluelight, the more my 'other friends' know about it. It's unavoidable. They'll say "what are you doing this weekend?", I'll say "going out". "Who with?".. and it's just easier (even if it sounds weird to them) to say "Oh with these people I met from this internet site, bluelight", than to make up some elaborate story. I think as the internet is becoming more and more acceptable as a social tool these days it's actually becoming less unusual to people that you'd actually strike up real friendships via a computer screen. At first I'd get a lot of, "Oh, you should be careful, you don't know who these people are!", but now my friends know I have "bluelight" friends and although they still think it's a bit quirky, they know I'm safe (LOL) and that's all that matters to them.

My "real life" friends are aware of the fact that i have certain sites that i frequent, but in all honesty they are the biggest group of non internet people you are likely to meet. Its not that they don't use the net its just that they don't see it as a means of entertainment or as a form of communication between people who without the net would never have had the chance to get to know each other. I have made a lot of on-line friends and value there friendships, i even met my gorgeous partner via an internet dating site. My friends thought i was crazy at first chating away to people that i have no idea who they are or what there intentions were and when i told them that i was meeting a guy i had met of a dating site they thought i was nuts. Of course they understand now and accept that im always going to be do things different to how they do, its my parents who thought i was the freak for having friendships with people online, its really a case of being scared or discriminating against the unknown.

Most of my friends know about Bluelight, and some of them have actually made friends with my bluelight friends which is cool.
But ill always say "yeah im going to "insert name" 's party"
and they will say "where from?"
ill go "bluelight"

and they always know that ill be going out to have a big night.
No one thinks its freaky to have internet friends, probably because most of my mates have met people from bluelight and think they are great people :)

most of my mates know i post here, pretty sure they know my screen name. theres nothing i do that they wouldnt know about. im somewhat an instigator to a certain degree, always wanting to go that bit extra...which ive now realised isnt what its about.

hello "maryjanes" if any you lads are readin this:p

I have never bothered to make any distinction between my bluelight and my other friends. Then again, I churn through people. In any one year I might meet and spend time with 100 new people, most of whom I will become close to for a few months and then not see any more, or at least very rarely. Its not that I get bored, its just that I dont really care who I am hanging around with. So long as they are interesting and cool, I'm up for anything.

I find friendship to be situation. Sure there are people whom I have maintained closer contact with for a long time, but most of the time my friends are just whom ever is around. As such there has never been anyone to hide my bluelight life from.

Kind of.

Some know I am on a bizarre drug-orientated board... others know about Bluelight specifically.

That being said it rarely comes up. I don't advertise to my friends that I have met up with people on the board, and most would find it simply crazy that when I was in Melbourne earlier in the year about 70% of socializing in the city was with Bluelighters.

Any time I have ever gone to a meetup in Perth (twice? three times?) I just say that I was meeting some friends from Uni.

As it stands, I doubt it will ever be much of an issue. I am not good enough pals with anyone from BL in Perth for there ever to be conflict.

I still feel there is a certain stigma from meeting people in RL from online... I don't want to have my friends know about that particular secret of mine.

i don't have any close real life friends of late but if i did i certainly wouldn't classify them as friends if i had to avoid mentioning bl or drugs, and i wouldn't avoid the subject if it arose anyway.

who would want to hang with a person who would disown another because of occasional drug use, in this age? fuck. i mean if that's their attitude concerning drugs...

All my friends and family know about my bluelight obsession. Many an anecdote starts with:

"This guy on bluelight......."

....*sigh*.... I need a life again.