Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Do you still go to the cinema?

ghostfreak

Moderator: DC, F&TV, S&G
Staff member
I don’t get a chance nowadays but do people on BL still go or wait for it to go straight to streaming?

I havent been to the movies now in about 20 years i think. I don't really miss going to the movies to be honest as i can't smoke cigs or weed in a movie theater or drink in them so i would honestly eather just sit home and watch it where i can do what i want

Id rather jab two sharpened sticks in my eyes simultaneously

so should you

But other than that
its pretty cool

Last edited:
I think the last time I was in a cinema was maybe 97-98?
Streamking over here. :hai:
ATM watching Twisted Metal and finding it entertaining.

I think it was either one of the last two Scream films or the midnight showing of Batman vs Superman. That was insane. Not really interested at the moment with the movies on.

^ i agree. i love going to the cinema and also recently saw oppenheimer on 'the big screen'.

you can't beat a decent movie theatre for image and sound quantity and quality.

it's one of the things i miss about living in london - amazing cinemas like the empire and the (now gone) marble arch odeon.

i'm happy to watch some stuff at home on my tv but i'll make the effort to go see certain movies in the theatre.

alasdair

The last movie I saw in the theater was “cocaine bear”…ultimately pretty forgettable imo, I’d give it a generous 5/10, but generally I like going out and seeing a movie in the theater…the last one I went to served food to where you were sitting, I got to stuff my face with chicken wings, it was great! If only the movie was good lol…they showed a few previews before the feature and 0% looked like stuff I’d wanna watch…but a couple that have come out since that time, including “Oppenheimer”, look interesting and like stuff I’d want to see in the theater

It’s a good time, getting a little high and going to the movies, maybe splurging on some overpriced concessions, the whole experience

Yeah most theaters serve beer and liquor these days, and it’s easy enough to to sneak in a flask and/or a vape pen and get stoned/drunk, so I find the experience very enjoyable still. Also most have decent food options so I get some grub while I’m at it; decent pizza at the theater 45 minutes from my house (nearest big theater to me).

I wish I could go sometimes, expensive though here after all the concessions lol.

I wish I could go sometimes, expensive though here after all the concessions lol.
The concession prices are ridiculous but people love them they will pay

Once in a while I like going but would rather bring my own stuff to drink and munch not hard to smuggle in

Rarely would I buy concessions since prices are uncalled for I loved getting them as a kid my dad still has to have them

Pizza is the most reasonable priced thing alongside coffee at the biggest theater near me nachos are great too if popcorn isn't the main course

The concession prices are ridiculous but people love them they will pay

Once in a while I like going but would rather bring my own stuff to drink and munch not hard to smuggle in

Rarely would I buy concessions since prices are uncalled for I loved getting them as a kid my dad still has to have them

Pizza is the most reasonable priced thing alongside coffee at the biggest theater near me nachos are great too if popcorn isn't the main course
There’s nachos at the cinema that’s about a 30min trip, along with the usual popcorn, sweets, chocolate etc.

Last time at the cinema was 2020, the last terminator movie. Didn’t enjoy it that much, you only get synchronized movies over here. For movies in English at least I like to watch the original.

I worked in a cinema for some years back in the early 2000s, we had one of these old projectors with film rolls, don’t know what the modern projectors look like but I think that you only put a disk into it and that’s it.

Not anymore but theres a new movie directed by Yorgos Lanthimos coming out that I want to get high and go see, hes hit or miss but if you like surrealism and haven't seen it yet check out "The Killing of A Sacred Deer" really out there fucked up movie, not really any gore zero jump scares just a feeling of dread and unease from the beginning and just keeps getting more and more uncomfortable as it goes on. I dont know if id call it horror or dark humor or both but its something unique for sure.

Only on "special occasions" anymore - like for dates (last time, it was Barbie) or going out once in every blue moon with some friends. It is fucking expensive (I really miss small-town theaters man, we have one in my hometown, but noting like this where I live now) and if you have a full audience or some kids who talk the whole time, it is just fucked. Some doesn't understand that you should be fucking quite.

yeah occasionally. saw Evil Dead Rise and loved it, especially the sound work was made for seeing in a theater. so it depends on the movie plus i only go to matinees i ain't tryna have any other people in the theater when i go

I wished we still went musta been the ambiance idk
I do miss those years.

^ you make it sound like it's no longer possible. why not just go?

alasdair