• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT

How much lye? And should I double boil with the naptha in the flask with rubber stopper or just heat solution and add naptha later after about two hours of heating? Or is no heat necessary? Cause I am was going to do one more pull before I got rid of it or try with xylene to get that jungle spice that I've heard about

Only you can determine the amount of lye unless you give us details on how much vinegar you got in there and whether you added lye before or not. However, adding more lye than necessary can't really hurt as DMT is not unstable under basic conditions.

No heat is required in my opinion, but it will enhance solubility. Switching solvent to xylene will also give higher solubility. But you need to get the pH basic enough to pull anything whatsoever. I would guess that's the critical point. You may have DMT in there still. I think 1% total yield is a reasonable expectation.

1-2% yield of DMT is typical.

Also given that vinegar is typically only 5% acetic acid, adding it to a concentrated lye solution won't do very much. Surely you have pH papers? Red cabbage indicator?

I find that mild heating (30-40C) and gentle stirring (too vigorous and it forms emulsions) helps extract the product but excessive heat can also impart a yellow colouration to the DMT. And of course, anywhere you are refluxing/boiling naphtha you need to have no open flames and good ventilation, due to the risk of fire or explosion.