PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Injecting (crystal clear) Extracts

^ You plugged DMT without a MAOI?

Did it work??

Pray thee do tell!!

yes it worked but it was weak.

lol it burned a little too (I was on bk-MDMA at the time so maybe it burns a lot for 'normals' =D mdxx's including the beta ketones of mdxx's are analgesic to a certain extent).

I think I used like 50mgish and it produced a stabile 20 minute thing. HIking in the woods was like going on a journey hehe....very weird plants around me.

I think its a bit less potent than snorting it (again I've only tried it once and I've snorted it 2-3 times). It felt maybe like ~35mg snorted).

I really do think IV will be the best possible way to take DMT (next to oral of course which is a GODSEND of a trip).

WTF!?

You say it so casually!! Its just like Katamari Damacy!

Kata27.jpg

I plugged upwards 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT and it did absolutely nothing. I also plugged D. cabrerana (my favoured source of DMT) tea acidified with lemon juice that should have contained at least 60mg DMT and... nothing happened.

When i did it with a MAOI, I had a very strange and powerful trip. Its in TR and Erowid, I believe you even commented on it, but I could be mistaken :).

If I had a choice, IV would be my way of taking DMT. It worked for me with 2mg 5-MeO-DMT, but mine was a pure powder, not an extract.

I have reason to believe that with a micron filter, you shouldn't have too much trouble with your crystals. Just save me a dose when I come visit ;).

hey could the fact that I had earlier (30 ish minutes) plugged some methylone (~70mg iirc which is borderline full dose for me) earlier before the DMT affect the absorption?

Is there supposed to be MAO-A in one's butt? Should I be worried that it seemed to not be there that afternoon? =D

s_s have you considered having a sitter present for when you boot it? I've been thinking about this as I read and I'd imagine that the psychedelic rush would be amazingly intense, maybe to much to withdraw the needle before you went under?

try it, but tell me, Im not the reason you are doing it am I? or is it that recently you got into needles?

Citric acid is optimal, but acetic would work as well. I'm pretty sure you can get the DMT in solution with either without getting the acidity too low. Use a micron filter. This is particularly important when you talking about injecting an extract.

As far as dosage ...

15-20mg will get you to DMT land.

20-25mg+ and you will commune with the One.

;)

IV 5-MeO-DMT sounds like a glimpse into hell to me.

But then I was never too fond of that stuff, or feeling like I was on the verge of implosion.

well I've been interested in needles all my life =D

No, you're not the reason I'm doing it :p

No offense but I march to my own beat lol =D

I love you though youkai ;)

but lately (last 6 months) I've started using psychedelics when I can predominantly by IMing them. I love the pharmacodynamics of a smooooooth IM tryptamine trip :)

I just think IV DMT will be far superior to smoking it (its hard to have an intensely strong breakthrough smoking it without making my lungs hurt).

damnit you guys DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D

no more spacing out while writing posts! chop chop chop the rest of my time on BL!

frontsies backsies? cutsies? =D

Dondante said:
Citric acid is optimal, but acetic would work as well. I'm pretty sure you can get the DMT in solution with either without getting the acidity too low. Use a micron filter. This is particularly important when you talking about injecting an extract.

As far as dosage ...

15-20mg will get you to DMT land.

20-25mg+ and you will commune with the One.

;)

this man's reports online have influenced me though 8o

ps this is just to push my smiley's to the max:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Last edited by a moderator:
the plant matter that gets sucked up in your non polar solvent wont go into the water when you add an acid will it?

but this is the question we are pondering, is there any plant matter if you have crystal clean DMT crystals?

maybe 8o

There will almost certainly be some trace plant proteins that CAN cause bad reactions. Why not just use a little bit SC and wait to see if there's any bad reactions, like the allergy tests they give kids with subcutaneous injections? Just look for more swelling than expected and redness. Skin tissue should be more sensitive, and thus a better detector, to bad reactions than the insides of free flowing veins. If no bad, you're that much more likely to be good. I'm no allergist though.

fizzacyst said:
IV 5-MeO-DMT sounds like a glimpse into hell to me.

But then I was never too fond of that stuff, or feeling like I was on the verge of implosion.

Very much so. My IV attempt was a last stab at getting anything useful out of this drug, and nothing useful really happened.

It is not an experience I'd want again.

As for your comment w.r.t methylone, is it possible that the methylone either had significant MAOI effect, or gave you a good dose of Placebo? :)

Ps. That trip report is old. Reading it now, I feel so stupid... that was before I perfected my IVing technique.. (thanks mostly to Coke and its rewarding-learning effect 8().

Last edited:
^^That sounds like about what I would expect from IV 5-meo-dmt. Yikes. :)

I might as well post a mini-TR since we are on the topic of IV DMT. The following experience occured almost a year ago, at the tail end of the single most disasterous trip I've ever experienced (LSD-catalyzed) ... hours of the most hellish mental state imaginable (anxiety, impending doom, going insane, etc.). Luckily, I made peace with the trip's demons, and discovered how passivity was sometimes required to weather such an ego battering. I was working on a full TR, but never quite finished it. I'll get to it eventually, but here's the beautiful grand finale that followed:

T+8:00 15 mg DMT IV, 20 mg DMT IV, 25 mg DMT IV

I will try to summarize the experience as best I can. Nothing in my entire life could be so alien and difficult to convey.

This segment took place after most of the crowd had left. Only my LSD companion remained. The setting was in a room illuminated solely by the moonlight. The soft, ghost-white light illuminated branches hovering just outside two large windows. Music consisted of a particularly powerful instrumental album, the soundtrack for an Icelandic film, Angles of the Universe, by Sigur Ros and Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson.

Within 3 seconds of depressing the plunger, I felt a wave of muscle contraction, followed closely by the distinct taste of indole on my tongue, and a quickly intensifying buzz assaulting my senses. The buzzing started as a fine tactile vibration, which quickly became audible, and then spilled over creating a synesthesia where the buzzing constituted a unified amalgam of all my senses. It displaced my own thoughts and disrupted my awareness; it then abruptly fizzled out, leaving a serene and beautiful void.

“I” was ushered into a fantastic state of nonduality, where separation of things ceased to make sense. The use of “I” in quotations is to emphasize the unfamiliar lack of an egocentric awareness. I felt as if I were experiencing things outside of myself and experiencing them directly. Concepts of subject and object ceased to make sense. I was pulled from my perspective as observer and was thrust into the imperceptible interplay existing between the sensible and the sentient; I existed not as subject, not as object, but somewhere in between. Supercharged awareness short-circuited the delicate filtering mechanism that protects my routine state of consciousness. My mind was flooded with an undifferentiated vitality, untainted by my ego – genetics and years of environmental influence were crushed under the power of pure, naked existence.

Great forms emerged out of the stillness, defying any attempts for meaningful explanation. The ineffable presented itself, exquisitely beautiful and infinitely complex. Words simply can’t do justice to the rapturous beauty that unfolded before “me”.

As a pitiful metaphor, “I” witnessed colossal, infinitely intricate gears, turning, interlocking flawlessly, each tooth derived from an inimitable fusion of synaptic discharges. The lock and turn of these meshing gears appeared to be a representation of the inner workings of the natural world, infinitely complex, yet existing in absolute perfection – unknowable in sheer complexity.

Thanks for reading.

Edit: Found a sample of the music on youtube. Check it out when you get a chance (quality is not great, but good enough):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2OyLIJVZU

And another (skip to the 1:30 mark for this one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciSLLGcRVzs

Wow ... that is incredibly beautiful and powerful music. <3

Last edited:
May I suggest you get someone to shoot you up? withdrawling a spike is hard enough under a opiate or amphetamine rush...I cant see it being easy under a powerful pysc...which could lead to a nice hueg ripped hole with a snapped off needle...

I had someone IV me with ketamine, 100mg, she said I was GONE before she the needle out and the hole pached up.

well what about shooting it with the tourniquet still on which would delay the rush?

You people must have real high blood pressure or something.

I do not use Tourniquets. My arm is too feeble to keep steady while I take it off. So I simply don't use one.

I never, ever, ever felt a drug hit me before pulling the needle out, and my drug of choice for IV is Ketamine, which is apparently notorious for causing people to pass out before taking the needle off. I will be fair though, with K, I feel a tingling in my nose and mouth right before I take it away, and then, if I'm lucky, I can re-cap it. But I never passed out with the needle in my arm, nor have I seen it ever happen to others who IVed with me.

With 5-MeO-DMT, it actually took a few seconds after I pulled the needle out to hit me.

However, a trip sitter is never a bad idea.

ps. Thanks for the reports Don. Iving DMT is definitely on my list of things to do before I die ;)

I suppose it hits different people different ways. I have a low Ket tolerence, as its not my usual DOC.

on the other hand, I can IV or smoke enough to methamp to probably kill some people.

ditto for my friend who is a junkie, he can IV more hydromorphone then I can take orally and still be concious. :p

but I think we can agree...a trip sitter and having someone else do the shot is probably the safer and better way of doing it.

Last edited: