• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Extraction Subthread] Which tek should you use?

I highly doubt there's anything "wrong" with your crystals. If you've got a crystalline MHRB extract after following Marsofold's tek, it's DMT. I actually had some difficultly mastering the art of smoking spice as well, Dill. A few tips: try smoking from steel wool, pack more DMT per bowl, and take as many long & deep rips as possible! Also be careful not to burn the alkaloid, but rather simply vaporize.

Theapplecore and Gzero ...

Thanks for your guidence. But applecore, is steel wool better than evaporating and smoking it straight from a glass oil burner (meth pipe)? I have no idea what steel wool even is but it seems to smoke great with an oil burner. I just have trouble holding it in. Its extremely harsh. Im wondering if I used a "meth bong" if that would help. But then i wonder if filtering it through water in the meth bong would decrease the effects.

I've google imaged dmt crystals and my crystals are very similar to the google images so you're right, i think i got it down, just having troubles gettin that break through.
Thanks for everything, any more tips could be useful!

^ Smoking it from a vaporization matrix like steel wool or even a pipe full of cannabis ash is lightyears ahead of vaping it off of glass, IME. The vapor that resulted when I smoked DMT out of a lightbulb was so hot that I mildly burnt my tongue, and it was very harsh and felt exceedingly unhealthy on the lungs. Ripping a huge bowl of DMT from a glass pot pipe stuffed with ash or wool feels more like simply taking a big hit of herb smoke to me.

Ok so let me get this right. I really really want to experiance a nice dmt trip so....

Im having trouble understanding... Steel wool is the silver fluffy brillow like structure that crack heads use right? I understand that but how do you vaporize the dmt in a normal pot pipe without putting direct light onto it? I have a normal glass pot pipe with ashes left over from my last bowl now. Are you suggesting I put dmt in with the ashes and just take a hit??

Im sorry im just really having trouble understanding!!! :/ Dont be mad

smoke it with steal wool out of a crack pipe or the machine (Make a DMT pipe? - "The Machine")

if you use a regular herb pipe. Just sandwich it between some ash or a small bit of herb and hit it as you normally would.
Or lay it on top of the herb/ash and let the lighter hover just above the DMT as you inhale and it melts into the ash. For the second and 3rd hots just rip it like you would normally hit a pipe.

also do you know that you are smoking the proper amount?
are you weighing your doses?

I smoke DMT once in a blue moon nowdays, I enjoy psychedelics, but I like to remain firmly in this reality, I don't do ketamine (tried it, got all I think I can from it, moved on) at all anymore either. DMT is wonderous, but shouldn't be a regular thing.

I agree, if you've ended up with a crystalline substance from a freeze precip, it's DMT. I too, have wasted good spice in the past through failing to vapourize it correctly, the first effective way I found was a rudimentary crackpipe, although you should see the vapourizing bong top I showed you though, if I do an extraction nowdays, that is what I will use. However, in the short term, go and find: A steel pipe, wire wool, a good dense gause and a flamethrower lighter, one of those wind proof butane jobbies.

Firmly pack a wad of wire wool (the wagged wascle wan ;)) fairly deep into the pipe, fix the gause on this and place upon it, 50mg of finest spice, then on top of that, pack another generous wad of wire wool.

As a chap whose had experience with vapourizing in the past, you'll now in be familier territory, heat the pipe and the wool until the DMT vapourized and hit it.

It takes skill, I nearly wasted pretty much all of my first extracted gram getting it right. The failed hit are frankly, unpleasant, the temptation is to keep trying, all the while getting a metallic taste in your lungs, instant "I shouldn't have done this" feelings and then body load auditory hallucinations, nasty, almost deliriant, visual distortions, then, after 15 minutes, a light euphoria and the urge to do it again!

This nearly put me off. After a failed hit, you much put down the pipe, you will not succeed that evening. If you do, you won't get a breakthrough anyway. Wait a few days.

When I managed my first breakthrough dose...well...I'm not going to bother to try and describe it. I love my psychedelics. This is unlike any "drug" I've ever tried. I'll leave it at that. People sound like twats trying to describe it.

Last edited:
I dont see how letting the flame dance above the steel wool would make it any less harsh then just using a normal oil burner and letting the flame dance under the glass to evaporate it. I guess id have to try it but i feel it might be a waste of time. Dmt is obviously a difficult drug to master! Im just about ready to give up! I wish one of you guys could help me in person. No i am not weighing my doses im just loading big amounts and trying to inhale but i cant even do that so i feel theres no use weighing. Im going to try the sandwhich with pot method in a couple days. I HOPE IT WORKS!

^ I don't see how either, honestly. It just does. Don't give up! You'll really be wowed, zazzled, & bedazzled when you finally get a serious trip from the stuff! %)

Applecore,

So out of all methods, you would reccomend the steel wool crack pipe method the most? I'm surprised no one reccomends an oil burner bong. Okay if youre sure I will try it. Ill keep in touch and let you know if I can succeed in a nice dmt trip. I really hope I do!

I'm very surprised at all this. You sound like you're vaping correctly.

Dunno what to suggest except the bong cap I sent you.

I am vaping correctly but i cant hold the smoke in. Its too fuckin harsh. I just purchased a straight glass tube and some steel wool. I hope it makes it less harsh than an oil burner as you said. I am wasting so much dmt trying to get this right. if this crack pipe method is still too harsh ima buy an oil burner bong. If that doesnt work, im giving up and selling my dmt to someone else who wants to try lol.

I read on another forum you can mix your dmt with everclear and soak some type of leaf in a combination. I cant believe how many methods people try. Wait.. you sent me a bong cap?

DMT smoke is harsh, but it's really not as harsh as you're describing.

I really really hope for your sake you've not fucked up the extraction and evapped the wrong thing and ended up with anhydrous NaOH again. It would take a fuckup of epic proportions, but you obviously followed the instructions by rote, and perhaps not understood the process enough to spot mistakes.

If I were you I'd do a basic test on your "DMT", the base should not be water soluable, none of the end product you should have should be. If it is, take the pH and find out what the fuck is it you've been smoking. I am beginning to worry you're working with something highly toxic.

If the pH of the chemical is on the high alkaline end of things, I sincerely suggest you seek medical attention as soon as possible. For reference DMT's pH should be ~8 but thats only if you've formed a salt. Something which unless you've taken a unique approach to extraction (namely synthesis), you won't have done.

Good luck, and don't smoke anymore of this stuff until you've confirmed the quality of the substance. I repeat, the DMT you should have should NOT be water soluable.

P.S. Could somebody proficient in chemistry please sanity check the above. I'm merely an enthusiastic amateur.

Gzero.

This is bringing us back to the begining of my posts. When i had doubts that I made it wrong! lol well I can say that im almost positive i made it right by following every step correctly and every part to each instruction worked out exactly as described. I have NO idea how to do what you told me about testing the ph or anything like that im just a young dumb kid. My dmt looks like salt... it tastes like everyone describes. This fuckin sucks what a waste of time and money

This is quite an old thread, if you wanna talk vaping DMT visit the B&D dude ;D

^You are just upset that your puny little baby vapourizing ability can't match up with the technique practiced by the True Shaman Masters of the Mimosa Root Tribe.

From ivory-tinged towers of solidified crystal deamsters, we shall laugh down on ye tryptamine peons puffing away on thine wispy vapours of ineptitude; while we exhale thick thunderclouds of indolic fragrance that propagate across the vast skies and rain droplets of wisdom to fill ye empty vessels.

And I will strike down upon thee from this tower, with great vengeance and furious anger, all those who attempt to challenge mine mastery of yon vapours. For you shall know that I am a Spunion, when I blow my vapours upon thee.