• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [DMT Extraction Subthread] Phalaris Grass

Okay this is something I've wondered about. Ayahuasca was an amazing experience both times I tried it, but the purge has held me back from attempting it again. If one were to take freebase DMT along with harmine or harmaline powder, does this eliminate or minimize the vomiting? I can put up with nausea but the purge is too much for me.
Also, would harmine or harmaline be preferred for such an experiment?

According to Ott, Gracie and Zorkov (did I get their names right), and others harmaline is not going to reproduce the true effetcs of ayahuasca. Harmaline is only a minor constitute of the vine. However, I read harmaline and LSD is fantastic but that is for a differnt post. Anyway...
You will want to work with harmine. It is not however possible to remove all of the purgative aspects of this psychedelic. There is still going to be some nausea and possible vomiting associated with the use of harmine oe other harmala alkaloids. That is just what they do. It is simply a part of the experience.

Thanks!
I've been doing some more research and I have one last question. What would be a proper dose of DMT orally with an MAOI? I can't seem to find this info online, and I would hate to waste DMT that took tons of work to extract on a too-weak experience.
I appreciate the help so far :)

From 30, 35 mg on up to 100 mg. Depends on how deep you wants to go. Or you could just take 30 mg every hour or so (with or without more harmine) until you arrive. It is common in ayahuasca ceremonies to redose several times in a night.

What would a typical dosage of harmine be then with the DMT?
(And H3nry yes I'm from sdr -- peace!)

If one wanted to create a pillable form of ayahausca, would one want to include BOTH harmine and harmaline?
What about BOTH nn-DMT and 5-MEO-DMT?
Does anyone ever use Yohimbe instead of Harmine/Harmaline?
My friend wants to create the best, most precise, most in "tune" pillable version of ayahausca she can that remembles what the natives use down south.
Please post ideas and real-world experiences for reference.
Since ayahausca is protected as a religious substance, I can see ayahausca being a very important key for us at this time. (But please don't reply to this comment here, it should be another thread.)
[ 25 October 2002: Message edited by: yahazim ]

>What would a typical dosage of harmine be then
>with the DMT?
Based on Ott's extensive studies, around 150 mg of freebase harmine will be sufficient for DMT activation.
>If one wanted to create a pillable form of
>ayahausca, would one want to include BOTH
>harmine and harmaline?
Harmaline is a truly minor component in the brew. Using pure harmine should reproduce the main effects, however if you want to get technical...To make a true ayahuasca pill you would need harmine, harmaline, and d-leptaflorine (1,2,3,4-tetrahydroharmine).
D. McKenna found the vine's carboline alkaloids to be 65% harmine, 22% d-leptaflorine, and only 6% harmaline. An even more recent study on the vine showed the alkaloidal content to be 44% harmine, 41% d-leptaflorine, with only 'traces' of harmaline. So obviously harmaline is truly a minor constitute of the brew.
>What about BOTH nn-DMT and 5-MEO-DMT?
Most of the plants used traditionally do not have 5-MeO-DMT in them. Only DMT. In addition, there are a number of reports that suggest oral 5-MeO-DMT (used along with MAOIs) may be quite toxic. Seizures, and a number of other alarming effects, may occur with oral 5-MeO-DMT/MAOI. I'd leave that one out of the mix.
>Does anyone ever use Yohimbe instead of
>Harmine/Harmaline?
Yohimbine has already been tested by Ott and it was shown not to allow the DMT to become orally active. So it seems that not all MOAIs will activate DMT in the gut.
>My friend wants to create the best, most
>precise, most in "tune" pillable version of
>ayahausca she can that remembles what the
>natives use down south.
There really is no such thing. Stick with the plants for a more 'authentic' experience.

^^^^
You and I are on the exact same wavelength MGS. That's cool.
I disagree about Yomhibe and DMT though. Next time you take Teonanactl (mushrooms) take yohimbe with them, and I *guarantee* you, the trip will be more intense, more cosmic, more divinely inspired. But this, again, can be the topic of another thread.
Allright -- anyone want to post tested Ayahausca preperations?
Towards the One --
[ 25 October 2002: Message edited by: yahazim ]

I've taken yohimbine with LSD, and there was a remarkable synergy. It added a 'primative' flavor to it. Very intense.
I have no doubt that it would be amazing with mushrooms. However, mushrooms are not DMT. Mushrooms are 4-HO-DMT and 4-phosphoraloxy-DMT. And they are orally active already without MAOI.
Yohimbine will not allow regular DMT to be orally active. It has already been tested and confirmed.

Ayahuasca in a pill form? hmmmm. Not sure about that. For the true aya experience, I would reccomend chacruna or mimosa & b caapi. Using the vine is worlds away from using p harmala seeds (IMO). You will throw up but it comes with the territory. check out www.Ayahuasca.com for all your aya needs. :)

experience extracting DMT from phalaris?

im not sure where to post this and if this isnt the right place, move it if you want moderators.

my question goes out to anyone who has made a DMT solution from phalaris grass.how much grass did you use, what was the condition of the grass and what season did you extract your DMT from the grass.im preaty sure i can find some phalaris around my place, i had some before but im not sure it was even enough to get anything and i didnt do the full extraction and only got to the vinegar point then i evaporated and was left with some red gunk and it wasnt at all potent.i was to lazy to go on since i wasnt very confident of my attempt.

if any of you have been successful extracting DMT from phalaris id appreciate your replies.

I know nothing about DMT extraction from phalaris grass. Post it in psychedelic drugs if you want a quicker answer.

My advice is DONT BOTHER UNLESS YOU HAVE A HIGH ALKALOID STRAIN.

My advice is a bit more discouraging than BilZ0r, unfortunately. I am assuming, by the fact that you are using "vinegar" as your acidifying agent, that you are not going to be dealing with good defatting solvents. If you are not dealing with proper lab-grade (at least) chemicals, I would suspect that when you are using something like Phalaris sp., that you are going to end up with a (small) product which would not be of sufficient purity to be of any real use. Perhaps you could look into the rootbark of Mimosa hostilis, as it is said to be great for DMT extractions!

You are not going to make DMT from any Phalaris grass. You are going to get a tryptamine salad. I have yet to see one strain tested that was pure DMT. In addition to DMT, these species also contains 5-MeO-DMT and sometimes good amounts of 5-Ho-DMT. Plus potentially toxic alkaloids like gramine are present. All will dramatically alter the DMT experience. I'd use Mimosa hostilis. It's mostly DMT with a trace of NMT.

How do you know if you've got a high alkaloid strain? [edit] Any commerically available strain is low alkaloid.

Last edited by a moderator: