• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [DMT Extraction Subthread] Phalaris Grass

If its phalaris that your talkin about I would strongly suggest that you hit up the DMT Nexus. They have techs on how to extract from grass. Good luck and be sure to let us know how it goes! <3

I'm going to merge this with out Phalaris extraction subthread. Honestly, you shouldn't even have to grow it yourself; it grows EVERYWHERE naturally. In fact when I run out of mimosa I think I'm just going to walk into a field and harvest some.

Check out pictures of it; it's very easy to identify.

Have a read from the beginning of this thread and Erowid's Phalaris vault :)

Hmm i was thinkin about phalaris too. if its the ones i see here in the forest we have a lot of them, but im not totally sure tho. however it looks like it doesnt worth extractng it while MHRB can be ordered via ebay since 500gr MHRB can give you 4-5gr with a good applied STB. Unless you dont have a phalaris field :p and you are son of a soap factory owner stick with MHRB if you ask me.

Other thing is DMT N-Oxide sometimes may have dark orange or light brownish color which most people mix up with jungle spice or red spice whatever. Other suggestion i can give you is amonia wash is not necessary. it may also cause in loss of stuff. 50ml heated naphta per gram of dmt powder and you can discard the fats at the bottom. If still not satisfied with the result SC wash is fine.

May be you should try to take pullz with different solvents for phalaris if you insist on doing extraction with that. As far as i remember Xylene absorbs red spice better. It also may have a different trick for extracting other alkaloids in phalaris. Try heptane and xylene if you can and see if any changes in results.

phalaris grass

I've been told you can extract DMT out of phalaris grass,it grows like grass and you use a wheatjuice-juicer to end up with a cup of dmt,dry a pipes worth and inhale.
is it that easy:)

No, it's not that easy.

TBH I worry that you thinking that it even might be suggests it might not be a very good idea for you to try.....

Get some mhrb if you want DMT. If you can't get them then I'd probably say the same as above because they are easily obtained.

I've been told you can extract DMT out of phalaris grass

Yes you can extract NN-DMT out of ''Phalaris Arundinacea'' (through its very time-consuming process where as mimosa hostills is much more simple, epically for somone who has never done a extraction before, you don't want to run before you walk!)

it grows like grass and you use a wheatjuice-juicer to end up with a cup of dmt,dry a pipes worth and inhale.

NO you cannot do that!!!! (that's like me saying ''I can get some poppy seeds from my local grocery store, grind them up, smoke them and i will get a high'') you need to more than just grinding a bark up and smoking it.....!

from what you have said, I would most certainly do some more research before you look into extracting dmt, once you understand the general procedure for extracting, maybe look into purchasing some mhrb and performing a stb (straight to base)

I would advise lurking dmt-nexus nursery sub-forum, browse the general stb teks, look-up ingredients you need ? problems you might encounter ? can you afford to purchase apparatus and ingredients for your desired tek? can you perform some basic chemistry where you are living at ? have you tried milder psychedelics and have experience in them before you try dmt, how do you know you will like it ?

All these question need to be taken into consideration before you try this..........

Last edited:
I've merged your thread into our phalaris extraction DMT subthread... for what it's worth I think it would not be a good source, try mimosa hostilis rootbark instead. And do not forget to check the website 'DMT nexus'.

dmt extraction from phalaris arundinacea (the cheap way)

Okay so theres a whole lot of phalaris grass growing all over the place where i live. I plan on doing an acid/base extraction on it to yeild some smokable freebase dmt =D I have a general idea of how to do this. but i'd like to replace some of the chemicals used with more common things & hopefully if my method works help out some other people in my position.

Before i list this whole process my purpose for posting this is to figure out beforehand if anyone with more knowledge of chemistry or experience with this extraction can tell me whether or not this would work and/or give me some helpful tips.

Process:

throw the grass in a blender with some water & vinegar & chop it up

Filter it & boil down the liquid on low heat & throw it in a jar

Use the strained plant matter & repeat the first two steps on it a few times then mix solutions in a jar

defat using vegetable oil or naphtha until the solvent doesnt take on color & the acid solution is orange (repeat as many times as needed)

mix in sodium carbonate to basify the alkaloids (bring the ph up to 11 or so)

After the sodium carbonate i'm not sure what i'd need to do. Usually the alkaloids would be in a basic layer now. but the base is a powder so is the whole solution evaporated or would i need to freeze precipitate or what?

Is there a conclusion to the safety of this procedure concerning gramine in phalaris species?

This is more appropriate for the omnibus dmt extraction thread in psychedelic drugs than it is here. local mod please merge...

ebola

I just extracted using the Dekorne method, did everything right and ended up with a brown crystaly residue. We used phlaris grass. We just tried it, we got minor effects but no breakthrough. We think it may because it may be to wet still? It didn't smoke right. What would be the best way to extract yopo? Or hostilis?

My dad used this method ten years ago, he said he got blast off material multiple times. But it really could be a hit and miss with the grass since 10 years has passed