View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction (Archived Scraps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that it's better to do a recrystalization with clean crystal than dirty crystal...

in my experience recrystallisation is a bit hit-and-miss, it works sometimes but other times the yellow sticks to the DMT through the process

Iv used the marsfold three times, and have done it without converting to an acid over 20 now, I can say that the yield IS NOT EFFECTED. infact if you get the ph (with the powder in the base water) right Iv actualy got higher yeilds on 500gram pulls. Im never touching a crock pot again, plus that shit stinks almost as bad as brewing huasca.

and the key to getting clean product is doing your first pull with a fraction teh amount of naphtha then going back for a alrger pull, the first pull will be yellow, after that you will have whiter and whiter crystals.

BTW, the first pull leave in for at least 3 days if you want to pull the fats and oils out the first go, realy I dont know if this actualy works, well I do, but dont know if what I observe is correct in the terms Im giving, but hey, Iv done it more time then I can count on my figers and toes, so experience has proven to me that the basic of basics of extraction works wonderfuly.

IMO the marsfold tek is not needed anymore. but thats just me.

and if you have ever been a cronic cronic smoker the off white crystals are not that bad. hell I dont know how anyone can actualy experience a ahrshness when it hits you befor you can register the feeling of the actual smoke.

"and the key to getting clean product is doing your first pull with a fraction teh amount of naphtha then going back for a alrger pull, the first pull will be yellow, after that you will have whiter and whiter crystals.

BTW, the first pull leave in for at least 3 days if you want to pull the fats and oils out the first go, realy I dont know if this actualy works, well I do, but dont know if what I observe is correct in the terms Im giving, but hey, Iv done it more time then I can count on my figers and toes, so experience has proven to me that the basic of basics of extraction works wonderfuly."

my observation has led me to this sort of idea about a first pull geting alot of the oils first. all the pulls ive done since the first one i did have had far less yellowness to them. my smoke is pritty smooth now (even though still quite off white), smoother than smoking piff blunts imo. still dosent effect the fright/anticipation/amazement/"this is it" feel you get though.

IGNVS said:
"and the key to getting clean product is doing your first pull with a fraction teh amount of naphtha then going back for a alrger pull, the first pull will be yellow, after that you will have whiter and whiter crystals.

BTW, the first pull leave in for at least 3 days if you want to pull the fats and oils out the first go, realy I dont know if this actualy works, well I do, but dont know if what I observe is correct in the terms Im giving, but hey, Iv done it more time then I can count on my figers and toes, so experience has proven to me that the basic of basics of extraction works wonderfuly."

my observation has led me to this sort of idea about a first pull geting alot of the oils first. all the pulls ive done since the first one i did have had far less yellowness to them. my smoke is pritty smooth now (even though still quite off white), smoother than smoking piff blunts imo. still dosent effect the fright/anticipation/amazement/"this is it" feel you get though.
I used to get the fright/anticipation/amazement effects, now all I get is love, thats the onlyw ay to describe it, I'll take huge rips of what ever amount I put into it and KNOW that I will experience the same astostishment I must ahev experienced the moment I opened my eyes from exiting my mothers womb. I mean, the key IMO to having that/this wonderful experience is to just let the fuck go, realise that nothing is as it seems, its all just the same thing but you keep on adding more to it! I mean... blah. no reason to add more to it then we/I/all already does.

and why do people try to obtain this ultra pure dmt? even the yellowest of yellow to almost orange DMT will send you to the right place. Iv seen enough people smoke dmt to know that after the intial cough you can no longer cough anymore, its actualy kinda amusing, it looks like they are going to hack a lung out and them WHAM, silence, its like there ability to cough is all gone once they get there, all they can do is maybe muble a "OMG" and sit there in amazment.

Youkai said:
and why do people try to obtain this ultra pure dmt? even the yellowest of yellow to almost orange DMT will send you to the right place.

That's like asking why do people grow chronic when schwag will get you high too... because it's more desirable, that's why. When you see white DMT (as long as it's actually DMT) you know it's pure, and it's valued slightly higher than anything colored yellow or orange.

Trogdor said:
That's like asking why do people grow chronic when schwag will get you high too... because it's more desirable, that's why. When you see white DMT (as long as it's actually DMT) you know it's pure, and it's valued slightly higher than anything colored yellow or orange.

DMT is actually colourless and transparent if it's "pure". I don't know what causes the white and yellow colours.

why do people try to obtain this ultra pure dmt? even the yellowest of yellow to almost orange DMT will send you to the right place.

Because the DMT gets you high. The other chemicals get you cancer.

elfdancer said:
Because the DMT gets you high. The other chemicals get you cancer.
I had no idea the oils from the plant gave you cancer, got anything to back that up with?8(

Trogdor said:
thats not quite the same, a better analagy would be trimming the dankest buds properly. saying that off white dmt is shwag to glittery white dmt is not that good at describing it, the effects from both are indestingwishable.

Well, I'm not 100% sure what makes up the yellow crap. But if you look at the MSDS for naphtha, it notes "Harmful if swallowed or inhaled. May contain benzene, which is a carcinogen. Skin contact may lead to drying or dermatitis. Chronic exposure may cause CNS damage. Skin, respiratory and eye irritant." And we're all aware of the fact that lye will turn your fatty tissue into soap.

Since I'm not sure what makes up the yellow crap that gets attached to dirty DMT crystals, I'd rather not take any chances. Is it stuff from the plant? Is it residue from the extraction process? A combination of both? Does it matter? If we can get pure DMT, why settle for impure?

its definatly from the plant or a product of the plant reacting with lye.

i settle for impure because the yeild will be better and i dont want to fuck it up or loose alot of product which i believe will hapen if you dont know how to do the washes right...

elfdancer said:
Since I'm not sure what makes up the yellow crap that gets attached to dirty DMT crystals, I'd rather not take any chances. Is it stuff from the plant? Is it residue from the extraction process? A combination of both? Does it matter? If we can get pure DMT, why settle for impure?

People often call it 'tannins' from the rootbark itself, don't know how accuate this is, but it certainly wont be lye if you get the naptha pull right, because lye is insoluble in naptha

It can't be lye unless you're so silly you're sucking up lye with the naptha. I think it is just plant tannins.

::shrug::

I'm not 100% convinced it isn't some impurity that comes from manufacturing paint-thinner-grade naphtha that gets left over in the final product. As such, I don't want to smoke that, or tannin, or whatever. Forgive me for being paranoid when I'm doing chemistry with reagents bought at the hardware store.

You guys can have your yellow DMT. I'll smoke the shiny pure-looking stuff.

(Did you guys ever listen to your mother? Don't eat yellow snow!) :)

^I don't listen to my mother, but I listen to Frank Zappa:)

It has come to my attention that a extraction using vinegar instead of absorbic acid (vit C) yielded the same amount by weight with roughly twice the potency. The only variable was the acid used. Both samples were extracted with the same amount of nampha at the same temperature using the same bark. Bark potency was not a factor since the more potent sample was extracted several months after the absorbic. Both samples washed with equal amounts of carbonate and recrystalized once in nampha. While the absorbic sample looks slightly cleaner, several interested parties agreed that the vinegar extracted sample is roughly twice as potent, with a different character to it. Both samples blew the doors off anything from the straight to base tek.

elfdancer said:
::shrug::

I'm not 100% convinced it isn't some impurity that comes from manufacturing paint-thinner-grade naphtha that gets left over in the final product. As such, I don't want to smoke that, or tannin, or whatever. Forgive me for being paranoid when I'm doing chemistry with reagents bought at the hardware store.

You guys can have your yellow DMT. I'll smoke the shiny pure-looking stuff.

(Did you guys ever listen to your mother? Don't eat yellow snow!) :)

BUT there is no reason whatsoever to smoke yellow DMT!!!! :)

Apart from anything, i find it totally impossible to smoke enough of it to achieve a decent effect anyway, it has to be clean and white, but it only takes patience and persistence to get the DMT white, it is only what you get out when you pull the DMT out of your murky black lye solution that has all that yellow shit in it, if you keep on going you can get it nice and clean, although you will (obviously) lose some of the yield when you clean it up, that is a worthwhile (in fact necessary) sacrifice to get sparkly clean elfspice

Status
Not open for further replies.