Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT Extraction (Archived Scraps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it has to be clean and white

Clean DMT is transparent and colourless, it isn't white. White DMT must have an "impurity" in it too.

Does anyone really know if white DMT is anymore "pure" than pale yellow DMT? Or is it just that the white impurities look better?

Last edited:
^ Snowflakes are transparent and colorless too.... just like individual DMT crystals. Only if the crystals are tiny the DMT as a whole is going to look whitish because of light refraction off all the facets of the crystals, I think that's how that works at least.

Ismene said:
it has to be clean and white

Clean DMT is transparent and colourless, it isn't white. White DMT must have an "impurity" in it too.

Does anyone really know if white DMT is anymore "pure" than pale yellow DMT? Or is it just that the white impurities look better?

it is only white because it's in such small particles, almost like a powder, this doesnt mean there are impurities, if you recrystallised it into bigger crystals, they would be clear, the way to tell it's clean is more how smooth it is to smoke rather than how yellow it is

EDITED: what Trogdor said.......

elfdancer said:
::shrug::

I'm not 100% convinced it isn't some impurity that comes from manufacturing paint-thinner-grade naphtha that gets left over in the final product. As such, I don't want to smoke that, or tannin, or whatever. Forgive me for being paranoid when I'm doing chemistry with reagents bought at the hardware store.

You guys can have your yellow DMT. I'll smoke the shiny pure-looking stuff.

(Did you guys ever listen to your mother? Don't eat yellow snow!) :)

evap the naptha on its own, evap naphtha over base water, does it leave a residue? in my experience NO, its impurities from the plant, not the base or solvant.

Trogdor said:
^ Snowflakes are transparent and colorless too.... just like individual DMT crystals. Only if the crystals are tiny the DMT as a whole is going to look whitish because of light refraction off all the facets of the crystals, I think that's how that works at least.

Maybe but I've seen yellow, white and colourless DMT crystals. When you break up the colourless DMT crystals into powder they stay colourless - they don't turn white. There's a very noticeable difference between white DMT and colourless DMT.

I've never seen DMT crystals that were actually white when isolated and viewed up close. Got a picture?

So would yellow DMT crystals look yellow under an electron microscope?

Nope. They would look black and white. Just like everything else viewed through an electron microscope. ;)

fly.jpg

(^ That's a fly...)

Doh! :)

So what do you make of the colourless DMT then trogdor? I've looked in my evaporating dish and seen yellow crystals, white crystals and colourless, transparent crystals. Is the theory that white crystals are simply very small colourless crystals?

Well, it's a provable fact that tiny *clear* crystals look white as a whole, it's my theory that there's no such thing as tiny *white* crystals.

as far as i can tell, the DMT that comes out as white powder is very pure and very effective, it WORKS just as you would expect it to, by giving you a mind-exploding trip, and it is massively smoother on the lungs than the yellow shit is

so this is a fairly pointless debate imho

^ Agreed. If you don't want to risk reducing the size of your yield by removing the impurities (which actually have mass believe it or not) and possibly taking a tiny bit of the good DMT out with it, then don't do it. End of story.

hmm buuutttttttt if you want to remove it because its not as HARSH on the lungs (which is probably gonna wind up being my reason for doing it) then do it!

new question--whats the best way to rextalize and get the yellow out! ive looked around and freeze precipitation seems good. should you do it twice? because on the first run i wind up with the yellow crystals...

IGNVS said:
new question--whats the best way to rextalize and get the yellow out! ive looked around and freeze precipitation seems good. should you do it twice? because on the first run i wind up with the yellow crystals...

The great thing about rextallisation is you can do it as many times as you want :D , but in my experience it isn't very reliable, the first time i did it it worked SO well, the yellow dropped out of the naptha first as it cooled, then i poured off the top and left the yellow behind, then freeze precipitated the bit i poured off and got lovely white crystals. But every time ive done it since it has not happened that way, instead it all drops out of the naptha at the same time, the yellow isn't separated from the DMT :(

But give it a try you don't lose any yield this way, just use the minimum amount of naptha you need to completely dissolve the crytals while it's hot (i strongly recommend an electric crockpot)

DMT extraction question

is it safe to use 98% pure naoh in the extraction? do u think that 2% other chem in drain cleaner can be very harmful?

hmm ok thanks coz theres noway to get it from the internet and theres no DIY store kinda thing here... that sux :S

You can find 100% NaOH on the internet. I've never messed with drain cleaner and I wouldn't want to. Search on google NaOh reagent or sodium hydroxide reagent.

mods, this isn't against the rules, is it? I guess I'll find out.

Last edited:
lol... i looked from the net.. but noones sendin it overseas.. other companies need contact and stuff.. ive read the policies of a lot of websites none of them send.. lol anyways thats not an option to buy it from the net for me here.. :p im not in usa eheheh

Status
Not open for further replies.