View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DMT "aztec" feeling

ColtDan

Bluelighter
ok ive done DMT twice... and each time the trip had an ancient kind of aztec vibe. its hard to explain. the visuals and stuff seemed kind of aztec, with this huge female presence/energy like some sort of a powerful female entity which was my guide/lover or something. however when i broke through the trip had no aztec feel at all, then when i returned it felt aztec and strange. infact i dont know where i got aztec from, i know fuck all about aztecs. apart from they used to use dmt apparently. when i returned back to normal after my first trip my first though was ... " that felt fucking aztec " lol

anyone else experienced this?

same with salvia except that would be mayan, i guess.

all the times i've done salvia the geometric patterns resemble mayan architecture and stuff, and for other reasons too (i see a lot of octagons myself) .

it must be what inspired them or they did to honor it.

I noticed in bali that loads of the temple and statue designs and in particular colours they used........very much resembled mushroom visuals. And mushrooms grow there and are not banned. I do wonder if that is what inspired the original design patterns back in time

gotten similar CEV on LSD actually, and OEV on mdmda+2ce, from what i know psychs played a pretty substantial role in their culture so it may be more then coincidence

I don't know of any evidence that Aztecs used DMT in particular. They used LSA, mushrooms, peyote and a few other entheogens, but AFAIK indigenous use of DMT never made it that far north.

You may not know a lot about Aztecs but you probably associate certain patterns/designs with them, at least unconsciously. Their art and architecture definitely show signs of psychedelic influence, IMO - makes sense, since both art and entheogen use in Aztec culture were extensions of spiritual belief. The use of color, abstraction and complex geometric patterns all seem like telltale indicators of psychedelic art to me.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's less that DMT has an 'Aztec vibe' and more that the Aztecs have a 'psychedelic vibe.' They were a culture deeply influenced by entheogens, and it shows in their art and architecture.

Once after consuming a respectable quantity of pedro, my CEVs coalesced for what seemed like a few seconds into a mesoamerican goddess clad in silver armor and carrying a spear. Makes you wonder if psychs are the inspiration to much of the art and culture to the ancient world

Great minds think alike! ;)

Are you capable of communicating a thought without insulting someone, Teo? Enough of this crap.

seriously can someone ban him already- the guy is a huge douche.

on the topic though- i love the idea that psychedelic drugs inspired the creation of aztec imagery and such.

it kinda reminds me of the ancient aliens theory- that aliens inspired all of the pyramids and other anachronistic ancient technology. except that instead of aliens it was actually psychedelics that inspired people from different parts of the earth to create similar looking pyramids (among other things).

smellytim, the discovery of "new world" drugs (nicotine, cocaine) in egyptian tombs may imply that there was trade between continents in the ancient world, once thought to be impossible

The pyramids appearing in different cultures from around the world is more likely due to the good old fashioned exchange of ideas than alien interference.

smellytim, the discovery of "new world" drugs (nicotine, cocaine) in egyptian tombs may imply that there was trade between continents in the ancient world, once thought to be impossible

please please give me more info on this if it's true.

Teo- Maybe if you raised your questions in a civilized fashion things would be different. "Where the fuck did you hear this stupid shit!!11??" isnt going to yeild a positive answer. They keep on giving you chances here and you continue to behave like this. As if youre being oppressed or something. Dont be a douche and you wont get so much negative feedback. Its pretty simple.

fair enough bardo. fair enough... but come on... doesn't seeing silly info like that with no basis in fact kinda make your cringe?

I don't think we can ever be sure it's true, it's a subject of hot debate for those in-the-know re: egyptology. I've only heard about it second hand. The predominate theory of how this came to be is that the researchers involved were careless and somehow contaminated the mummies. Another theory (which seems waaay more crackpot-ish than the assumption of pre-columbian contact between the contacts) is that the compounds were the result of chemical interactions between the plant materials used for preserving the mummy.

"The German research group published their initial findings in 1992. [11] Balabanova, an experienced forensic chemist, used radioimmunoassay and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) to identify and confirm the presence of cocaine, nicotine and hashish in Egyptian mummies. The remains used in this study included 7 mummified heads (all adults, 2 females, 5 males), 1 single complete adult female and 1 incomplete adult male. All the mummies tested were from the Egyptian Museum, Munich and they had been dated to a period spanning 1070BC – 395AD. Cocaine and hashish were also found in all 9 samples and nicotine was present in all but one of the samples tested.

In February 1993 the group published a second, more comprehensive, paper on their findings in The Lancet [12]. This included their analysis of 72 Peruvian (200 - 1500AD) and 11 Egyptian (1070BC – 395AD) mummies and also skeletal tissue from the Sudan (2 individuals, 5000 - 4000BC and 400 - 1400AD) and South Germany (10 individuals, 2500BC).

Their data (Table 1) showed that cocaine, nicotine and hashish could be identified in samples obtained from some, but not all, of the Peruvian and Egyptian mummies that were tested. They also identified nicotine in the bones of both individuals from the Sudan and in 8 out of 10 of the individuals from the German "Bell" culture. The levels of cocaine discovered in the hair of Peruvian mummies were found to be similar to the levels found in modern day German drug addicts and this would indicate that the degradation of the drug does not occur significantly over time. The Egyptian mummies were found to have approximately 75 times less cocaine than the maximal amounts identified in modern day German drug addicts. "

quick excerpt I found on it.

and it's very much true that if I stated incorrect info y'all would jump all over me and no doubt insult me.

For what its worth I welcome any corrections. There is nothing wrong with replacing factually incorrect loci in one's mind with the correct information. This is integral to personal growth. Just be nice about it, Teo. :)

I think western people have a really bad habit / indoctrination of lumping the native american peoples all together in a few big categories / stereotypes.

fair enough bardo. fair enough... but come on... doesn't seeing silly info like that with no basis in fact kinda make your cringe?

But it wasnt presented as concrete fact, all he said was that he didnt know of any evidence that supports DMT usage by the Aztecs. On topic- While Ive never had a breakthrough dmt experience, my first salvia breakthrough was very native mesoamerican in nature. When I closed my eyes I saw the top of a flat temple from an arial perspective. And a native was laying on his back clutching his chest as if his heart had just been removed. It was all very strange to me. Then with eyes open I noticed a shapeless, green, female presenc. It was understood that this presence was too powerful to look directly at it, so I could only see it out of the corner of my eye. It was probably the most mystical experience Ive

This has always been interesting to me. I have a friend who seems to see egyptian patterns when he breaks-through. Another seems to see aztec/inca patterns each time.

However, when I have broken-through, I have seen roman structures and symbols it seems. I don't know if it is just history being imbedded in our brains, or if these three cultures were similar or important in some way.