• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ditt, 5meoditt, 5meodmp

N-(2-(2-(3,5-dimethylphenyl)-1H-indol-3-yl)ethyl)-4-(4-fluorophenyl)butan-1-amine

Replace the flouro with para substituent of choice.

Or for a friendlier name:

N-(4-(4-fluorophenyl)butyl)-2-(3,5-dimethylphenyl)tryptamine

Again, replace the fluoro with chosen para substituent.

Though you'll want fastandbulbous and someone like that to confirm this, i'm still new to naming.

I've no idea what DITT might stand for...

What does 2-(3,5-dimethylphenyl)tryptamine look like anyway... come on nomenclature peeps!

A aromatic ring off the -2 position on the 5-membered indole ring. The -2 position is the one in between the tryptamine side chain (ethylamine) and the indole ring nitrogen.

And that phenyl ring has methyls at the 3 and 5 positions... a dual meta config.

Here's a diagram yo :) .

Attachments

• 2-(2,5-diMe)Ph-T.gif
    2-(2,5-diMe)Ph-T.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 72
hugo24 said:
Why should this be a psychedelic?

They're not - the 'add ons' to the tryptamine nucleus are going to make binding to the 5HT2a receptor very highly unlikely.

Just because something is a tryptamine doesn't mean that it's going to be psychedelic in nature

^ You didn't say it, technically, but you sort of inferred it by posting your question in Psychedelic Drugs. ;)

Definitely not a psychedelic.
Definitely not something i'd want to mess with either (the GnRH receptor), from the little research i've just done into it, heh.

The 2-Methyl DMT's though seem to have a certain psychedelia attached,and even are orally active.The quality of the experience though seems lesss memoarble.Might have something to do with the mess of selectivity (now that they mention GnRH),a not uncommon problem/positive with tryptamines.

Tyrptamine-type ligands are certainly less selective for 5-HT2A in general anyway compared to phenylalkyl-type ligands, IIRC (in terms of 2C activation)...

A phenyl substituent at the 2 position probably has too much stearic hindrance anyway, with it "getting in the way".