• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dirty Acid FAQ & Discussion

Do you believe qualitative differences between LSD products can matter / be felt?

• Yes: the difference between dirty and clean LSD can be felt

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • No: there is only LSD

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
^^ Because the form that an acid trip takes will vary dramatically based on innumerable variables. For example, the amount of sleep you got the night before, the amount of stress or lack thereof in your life at the time, your diet in the days prior to tripping: these are all variables that the old saw of 'set and setting', however useful, overlooks. There is so much going on in a human body, and probably even more going on in the human mind, and LSD is probably the single most sensitive psychedelic to these factors. Additionally LSD promotes psychosomatic effects: perceiving a mental issue as a form of physical distress or malaise. All this has been said repeatedly in this thread, and is available for the looking at should you have taken that option instead of asking to be spoonfed.

The very fact that this was the same strip of acid will destroy claims of 'dirtiness in the acid' in this case. This is exactly the proof positive that we have been debating; acid is wildly variable, unexplainable sometimes.

I should mention as well that 'this is good acid from a well-regarded dealer' pretty much means nil. Advertising hype and no more, based on the fact that the guy must generally provide the products he advertises.

I'm not trying to be cross here but these same statements keep on coming up and the answers are still just as obviously here, in the thread, for people to use their minds to process and draw whatever conclusion.

Well said, your posts make more sense than the people who are posting OMG OMG OMG LSD can be "dirty" or "clean" OMGWTFBBQWTH!!1 you have to have seen LSD crystalz in order to know what I am saying!!1 8)

Have you noticed how the people above will still claim that LSD can be "dirty" or "clean" when it's clear it's just psychosomatic or there are other factors as you posted, and I saw how somebody else wrote that the other analogs or things LSD can break down into are not psychoactive at all. If it was not in this thread it was in another thread here in PD about LSD.

^^ Yeah I think it was the 'Chinese needlepoint' thread. Knowing those goofy Chinese the blotter is probably laced with lead and arsenic!

Surely I don't need to use sarcasm tags, right? Not talking about you DrunkardsDream, speaking in general terms.

Anyway yeah, it's goofy, people will go to pretty much any length to preserve their opinions as correct. And surely that applies to me just as much as everybody else. It doesn't matter whether there's a logically constructed argument or rational analysis or even facts staring somebody in the face, they'll go through the most ridiculous logical contortions to try to obviate the conflict between the facts or the sensible examination of a subject when their gut feeling and opinion tells them otherwise.

Humans are pattern recognition champions. We had to be to both survive in the savanna's of prehistoric Africa and also sustain the social interactions and relationships that exist within a hierarchical social environment, such as a tribe of hominins (yes, with an N). But the modern world is so complex, so there's way more patterns than we used to have to process, but more importantly there's so much more noise to the signal. And so we see ghosts, patterns that are not really there in the mass of noise, connected by a mostly unconscious process of deduction. Conspiracy theories, fads, messages from on high: the noises that look like patterns. And you can add dirty acid right along with those concepts.

Thanks for the kind words as well. I try to stay cool and be reasonably objective, but it's pretty obvious where I stand on this issue. I think we can take a stand without having to try to silence disagreement and dissent, which is a trap that humans fall into a lot when it comes to debate. And so it's always nice to have your efforts recognized.

I just think it's funny how this has been debated before, and as usual the theoriticians scoffed at the claim that there was LSD analogs circulating as LSD, and know we have LSD analogs being sold all over the place.
------

Do you have test results to back this "fact" up? Where and when were analogs sold as acid? This may amaze you but those ads on SR are fake. Its not "everywhere".
well, everywere might be an exaggeration. But I think that the "the big and dandy and AL-LAD thread", "the big and dandy and LSZ thread" is "fact" enough for it's existence.

In the book I quoted bottom of last page, Psychedelics by Peter Stafford, the author states, "ALD-52 is the LSD analogue that's most often represented as acid." But accepts a few lines later that the Orange Sunshine acid that was supposedly ALD-52 may have been LSD all along. I wonder if ALD-52 was made & circulated by less well known chemists at various points over the years... It's been accepted that this derivative produces gentler effects, could they contribute to the reputation of a particular blotter being "cleaner" acid than usual if indeed it contained ALD-52?

Deinonychus, with all due respect, if no-one knows the nature of the possible contaminants in less well synthed LSD, how do we know that none of them are active enough to have an effect on the LSD experience itself..?

if no-one knows the nature of the possible contaminants in less well synthed LSD ... how do we know that none of them are active enough to have an effect on the LSD experience

Because you can predict the side products of most reactions, and isolate and identify those you can't. And as of yet, nobody has isolated compounds derived from, or closely related to LSD, or intermediates of LSD, that are more active than LSD itself. It's not like God descended from His holy throne and gave man the black box that is LSD. The synthesis routes are documented. And people do have tools like GC/MS that can go a long way towards identifying unknowns.

When it comes down to choosing between humans being fallible (documented fact), and minute quantities of a totally unknown and hitherto unidentified unisolated substance as a recurrent impurity that has existed for 50+ years being the cause of variances in psychological effects, I think I will go with the former.

Actually the routes to LSD are well characterized, and while there may or may not be other methods that are not available in the literature it is doubtful this is the case, and word of mouth is not the primary means of transmitting the information regarding the synthesis. Even a cursory search on the Internet will yield the most common routes, and the chemical abstracts and other literature contain a few more. So it's hardly 'forbidden information', it's actually a pretty well-explored realm of synthetic chemistry precisely because it is illegal so there have been many novel syntheses that have been developed to skirt precursor bans and the like.

I don't think that anyone has established that sub-active doses of certain chemicals can color the experience. If you've got a source for that idea that I don't know about I would happily change my views on the subject but the musings of random Bluelighters or off the cuff comments made to the media by imprisoned synthesists don't really cut it. And furthermore it actually is relevant whether or not whatever impurities are active at <1mg, because even if it were proven true that sub-active doses could color the experience it would matter what the active dose actually is, because that would determine what fraction of a dose could be present, which would then affect the plausibility of the sub-active dose as colorant argument. Meaning that if sub-active doses are shown to be able to color the experience, they're likely to do so at perhaps 50% of the active dose, but not 10%.

Well, the difference between purportedly pure clear crystals and impure, not-clear colored crystal is not crystal polymorphism, it's just purity. Crystalline polymorphism is like getting acid that's 90% pure that is needle-like crystals, and another batch that's also 90% pure but has hexagonal crystals. These are just made up examples, as I don't know what the various polymorphs of acid really are.

There's also the issue of potentially having hydrated polymorphs that would have a different shape and composition and texture, but the shape of the crystal or the level of hydration if present doesn't have anything to do with how pure it is. Crystals are by definition made out of only one chemical, because that is how they form on the molecular level: Brownian motion leads individual molecules of the chemical to bang into eachother. At some point two of them will fuse together, and more and more molecules will then attach themselves in a regular, repeating geometric pattern to that initial crystal seed. The specifics of what that geometric pattern is and how the molecules are oriented relative to one another within the crystal structure determines what the overall shape and physical characteristics of the crystal will be, and these various forms, differentiated based on the nature of the pattern and intermolecular orientation, are what polymorphs are.

Since only molecules of the same chemical can attach themselves to the growing crystal while properly fitting into the pattern, other molecules will not have the right shape and won't fit, so the crystal will be nearly pure. I say nearly because occasionally the crystal will grow in such a fashion as to surround a molecule of a different chemical within a single molecule sized void in the pattern. These inclusions are flaws in the crystal. The slower the crystal grows, the less likely it is to accidentally envelop other molecules of different chemicals, and this the purity of that crystal will be greater.

Hydrated polymorphs are crystals where there are individual molecules of water that are included in the repeating geometrical pattern. Necessarily, the pattern will be altered in order to accommodate the steric bulk of the water molecules, resulting in a different overall shape for the crystal and a different set of physical properties. Typically the more water is included the softer and easier to melt the crystal will be. If there's one water molecule per molecule of whatever the crystal is otherwise made of, that is a monohydrate. And the more water molecules per molecule of the other constituent, the greater the numerical prefix before the word hydrate, the easier it is to melt, and so on.

---

As for why a batch would come out looking like black sludge, I would put my money on impure precursors. You're supposed to purify your precursors before use if they, for example, come from a plant. Otherwise you'll have a whole mess of other compounds that are going to be acted upon by the other reagents in the synthesis. Some of the impurities won't react and will come through unchanged, some will be chemically altered, some may fuse with eachother, some may impede the progress of the synthesis of the intended product, and so on. So we purify our plant-derived or otherwise impure precursors.

The thing is that when you recrystallization or otherwise purify the precursor, inevitably you lose some of the desired, intended precursor. So if you're a greedy, money hungry bastard who doesn't give a shit about the quality of their product, they purify the precursors less, if at all, so that the end product will weigh more. But naturally that increased weight will be mostly made up of impurities that went through the synth with the intended product. Some of the increased weight will be the form of the intended product, because the synthesist didn't lose as much of the intended precursor due to purification so there's more starting material to work with, but it comes at the expense of also including a bunch of nasty junk crap in the final product.

If a given contaminant in the precursor does indeed become chemically altered by the other reagents, then potentially you'll end up with even some of the intended product remaining unreacted because the other crap used up some fraction of the molar weight of that reactant. Yeah, you could just use a large excess of that reagent (one of the two reacting compounds will always be the limiting reagent, and the other will be added in excess, since adding precisely the same molar amount of each is not likely or even practical to attempt), but the reagents or this kind of thing expensive and hard to get, so you don't want to waste them. Furthermore, it is also the case that some reactions require certain ratios of the various reagents, and not only will using to little of one of those reagents fuck up stuff (like LAH, in certain reactions, and now no more will be said), using too much can also throw off the reaction as well.

Redox reactions are the prime example, you can totally over-reduce your whatever into totally useless inactive garbage, etc. case in point: my first synth ever, methcathinone, the first time it went perfectly, which I'm proud of to this day (for getting it right my first time ever!), but the second time I did something or other in the math wrong and ended up oxidizing the shit out of the precursor that shall not be named with the reagent that shall not be named, and ended up with a dish full of disaster.

Aaaaand then the third time... I got busted by my mom halfway through! I was like 15 I think, using reagents and glassware stolen and smuggled home in my backpack from the high school chemistry lab (they need found out but this is an awful idea nonetheless, in case anybody reads that and decides to be clever), she was so pissed off, it is emphatically not fun at all to have your parents catch your methlab red-handed. But my point is that redox reactions are sensitive to improper amounts of the redox-img reagent *in either direction, excess or shortage*. And having crap in your shit that is unpredictably using up a reagent – or not, you'd have no way to know ahead of time – is thus an obviously awful idea even if you're not pulling a redox, and just one of the many reasons that people who don't purify their precursors should they be less than reagent-grade should have no business making acid – or any drug for that matter – in the first place.

Sure you could then purify the end product, as you should be doing anyway, and you'll lose mass there too, both of the intended product and any impurities, but this is the old ounce of prevention pound of cure deal. It's always best to purify BEFORE reacting, because you just plain don't want a bunch of random shit messing with the synth.

Fascinating, I missed that about the doubled dose! No wonder it was not the same, we don't even have to invoke differences in how your body or mind were feeling etc etc at all, the reasoning is right there for all to see!

Ofcourse, LSD recipes are very published and out there. But, honestly their are different synths to get to LSD from an array of starting material. The recipes for the LSD made in the USA may be from TIHKAL or it may be word of mouth. But, certainly great recipes from chemist of the past have been passed by word of mouth. As for the crystal polymorphism.... My understanding is that ergot alkaloids dimers are known to be purple to black in color.

Nothing makes me happier than to come to this thread to find people using logic and reason to figure this out. I always got a good laugh out of people who were SO sure that by knowing purities (through a network of dealer rumors...not the most reliable source for information) they knew the level of the trip or the "purity/cleanliness" of the trip, but they didn't really account for how much their thoughts about what they were taking effected the trip.

It's all set and setting people.

Because you can predict the side products of most reactions, and isolate and identify those you can't. And as of yet, nobody has isolated compounds derived from, or closely related to LSD, or intermediates of LSD, that are more active than LSD itself. It's not like God descended from His holy throne and gave man the black box that is LSD. The synthesis routes are documented. And people do have tools like GC/MS that can go a long way towards identifying unknowns.

When it comes down to choosing between humans being fallible (documented fact), and minute quantities of a totally unknown and hitherto unidentified unisolated substance as a recurrent impurity that has existed for 50+ years being the cause of variances in psychological effects, I think I will go with the former.

Uh huh, yeah thanks for saving me the trouble of trying to explain this one, again. And in a much more concise fashion than it would likely have taken if I'd written it up!

To return to the question, if we could discuss syntheses here it would be hella simple to explain what you can and can not get out of this set of reactions. But we can't, so I offered to explain it via PM to whoever, so if you don't understand why this is all so unlikely, PM me and I'll show you why it doesn't work.

Ofcourse, LSD recipes are very published and out there. But, honestly their are different synths to get to LSD from an array of starting material. The recipes for the LSD made in the USA may be from TIHKAL or it may be word of mouth. But, certainly great recipes from chemist of the past have been passed by word of mouth. As for the crystal polymorphism.... My understanding is that ergot alkaloids dimers are known to be purple to black in color.

Are they? Fascinating, I didn't know this. Yet another reason this thread is actually useful... I don't know if I can buy the word of mouth thing. Sure, if you understand synthetic techniques you could probably word of mouth explain to somebody how to make acid, I could probably explain it that way myself. I'm just not so sure that its the ideal medium for passing along information.

Nothing makes me happier than to come to this thread to find people using logic and reason to figure this out. I always got a good laugh out of people who were SO sure that by knowing purities (through a network of dealer rumors...not the most reliable source for information) they knew the level of the trip or the "purity/cleanliness" of the trip, but they didn't really account for how much their thoughts about what they were taking effected the trip.

It's all set and setting people.

If we use a broader definition of set and setting than is typically used, sure. Most people don't really seem to consider diet, amount of sleep recently, etc to be set and setting because for most drugs it doesn't really matter so much. But for acid it seems that it can.

As for logic and reason, well, sometimes, and sometimes not, but on the whole I'd say the thread is a happy example of Bluelighters being sensible, dispassionate people, which is sometimes necessary I think when talking on a very thorny subject.

It is a win I was dissing at first but I even learned a lot! I think we all did.

^^ Yeah I think it was the 'Chinese needlepoint' thread. Knowing those goofy Chinese the blotter is probably laced with lead and arsenic!

Anyway yeah, it's goofy, people will go to pretty much any length to preserve their opinions as correct. And surely that applies to me just as much as everybody else.

If there is such thing as Chinese Needlepoint, Im pretty sure it doesn't come from China, I think if it exist's it has to be USA Dead family made, I am saying this because the only published material on it is from ChinaCat72 on a different forum and he said it exist's and that dude is raw, I don't think we could argue with him if we wanted to :)

@Deinonychus You are right we all go to certain lengths to preserve our opinions even you!

Earthbounded - some anonymous poster on a sketchy web forum who appeared, told a story and left again with little other input to the community does not constitute 'published material'.

Compare to the John Titor phenomenon.

Are they? Fascinating, I didn't know this. Yet another reason this thread is actually useful... I don't know if I can buy the word of mouth thing. Sure, if you understand synthetic techniques you could probably word of mouth explain to somebody how to make acid, I could probably explain it that way myself. I'm just not so sure that its the ideal medium for passing along information.

Yes, from what I have read and researched in the past dimers are dark colored for Ergot derivatives. This thread is useful when actual decent discussions take place. Back an forth bickering doesn't do a thing especially, how certain members conduct themselves. Anyway, as for the word of mouth and recipes. I can say with some certainty that cooks pass down recipes by word of mouth. Not necessarily, someone being like do this, then this, then this and now go cook. LOL

It starts with an apprenticeship and later taking over. What I meant is much of the "work" surrounding LSD is through word of mouth. Not talking about your dirty wook hustlin' packs on the lot. But, with lot's of the people who work gurrs of raw, everything they have ever learned was being taught or shown to them (word of mouth) by another most likely older part of their family. Not family in the biological literal sense of the term rather, a group of close nit, like minded men, women, children, etc that spend lot's of time together. For many, these people are much more of a "Real" family then they ever had growing up. The point being most people get "taught" and shown the ropes of whatever activity it may be. I mean one day I just didn't start buying gurs of raw and breaking it down. Instead, it was introduced to me when they thought I was ready. Same thing goes with pretty much all the levels on the food chain, especially the higher up you go. Lot's of these things won't get learned by opening a book or using google. Same thing with equipment used for the most part. Especially, presses and various tools for processing it. Generally, it's the person working raw that makes dot's, gels etc. not the chemist. The dot press I know has been around and passed on since the 60's. I guess my point is, much of the work (and knowledge of it) surrounding LSD in America is conducted through "word of mouth" or showing it to someone first hand.

If there is such thing as Chinese Needlepoint, Im pretty sure it doesn't come from China, I think if it exist's it has to be USA Dead family made, I am saying this because the only published material on it is from ChinaCat72 on a different forum and he said it exist's and that dude is raw, I don't think we could argue with him if we wanted to :)
Lol chinese point made me laugh though I don't see why someone in china couldn't make high purity LSD. Maybe the required materials are easier to acquire there. But, I wouldn't count on it being imported from asia. That is much more trouble than it's worth. I know the LSD I work with comes from a particular area in the united states...

Raw needlepoint makes my mouth water.

Last edited:
NO KIDDING!

Get a life you ignorant mess! ChinaCat72 Is the godfather You need to click on some GD music and realize you are not the only one on this planet. Them RCs are getting to your ego.

Yeah I think I'll not have anything to do with this point either way hah..

Could this in anyway shape or form explain why a Vial I received was purple? It was very high quality

I'd imagine so, I'm not sure under what conditions d-LSD or d-iso-LSD dimerize. I don't know if they can form dimers with each other regardless of isomerism or whether d-LSD can only dimerize with d-LSD but not d-iso-LSD.

Honestly I didn't even really know they dimerized at all! A google search turns up no relevant info.

Lol I think I understand what he is saying, are you referring to Wookie foot groupies? Them fuckers are nuts and weird

:|

It's a very unkind term for 'negros', what with wookies in Star Wars being brown, hairy, incapable on human speech, etc. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant something else, but 'hustling packs on the lot' pretty much seals the deal, referencing the boys on the corner in the ghetto that serve drugs.

Your guess is as good as mine.

There's actually something fascinating in this which echoes a society-wide phenomenon. There's a dichotomy at play. On one side are people who are informed by meme, myth and hearsay and outright reject the application of reasoning and emperical evidence to determine truth. Then there are people who believe in logical deduction and see the other side as wooly-brained and uninformed.

Our argument is that in an age when we all have access to all information, there's no excuse for pre-modernist thinking. But actually, maybe the Internet does as much to spread myth as it does to inform reason.

EDIT - So after a spot of reading I think it goes something like this: Wookiefoot are a jam band who's fans are seen as hierarchically inferior to those of the Grateful Dead (by GD fans that is). For some reason, access to the chain of LSD distribution equates to status in this scene. 'Hustling packs in the lot' refers to reams of LSD sheet being sold in the entrance to a gig and therefore implies that the people who are engaged in this activity are lower down the chain of supply from fans of the Grateful Dead who are presumably meant to be dealing raw crystal backstage.

In actual fact it's likely that many of the people who talk in this way have never seen either raw LSD or a 'pack' of sheets. They probably just sit in their bedrooms watching YouTube videos of old gigs and making up stories about how things might have been in the 60's.

Interestingly it's the same people who complain a great deal in other threads that the LSD available to them is usually counterfeit. This leads me to assume that fantasy aside, not only are they actually at the bottom of the supply chain like the rest of us but their connects are actually worse than those of the average psychonaut.

Last edited:
^^ Oh totally I would wager, the Internet is a cesspit of misinformed conjecture presented as fact. And I'm not speaking about this topic specifically, I mean in general.

I think that there are two powerful memes (I do hate that word a lot, like blog, dunno why, it's just ugly) that are at work in conspiracy theories, belief in the supernatural, and other noise-seen-as-pattern misconceptions, like dirty acid: 'I'm special' and 'us against them'.

I had written this out in a PM to MGS, on the subject of conspiracy theories, but I think it applies here as well:

It also ties into two of the most highly-effective memes. These memes are 'us against them' and 'I'm special'. A conspiracy theory allows a person to feel like they have an opponent, and that they are doing something about it, even if that means posting the most shoddy possible video rants on YouTube. And better still, not only are they doing something about it, but there are *other* like-minded people *also* doing something (the same thing, bad videos galore) about it too! So that sets up the 'us', that being fellow nutjobs that are in touch via the Internet (which is an amazing tool for propagating conspiracy theories, it's reminiscent of a viral vector enjoying an immunologically naive population even), and the 'them', either the evil plotters or the naive part of the population who doesn't believe, depending on which of those groups you think ultimately does the most harm. Finally, this transfer of 'information' is often kicked off by proselytizing.

And the concept of 'us' being like-minded individuals sets up a nice segue into the 'I'm special' meme, because in order for somebody to be part of 'us' they must be 'awake', they must have 'discovered what's really going on'. This implies secret or otherwise rare information, and possession of such information then makes you different from your neighbor, buying all that plaztastik shit, eating greasy genetically-modified cheeseburgers, and drinking the fluorinated mind-control serum (tap water). This makes you unique, this makes you, in a word, special. And there is nothing a human wants more than to be special. We want to be special even more than we want to conform (be part of the enlightened 'us' group), regardless of whether that conformation is to societal norms or to a subculture, perhaps one based upon fear of a world conspiracy.

So it may seem like I'm really reaching here, like what the fuck does conspiracy theorizing have to do with dirty acid? And actually, there are parallels all over the place. First, they are both based on the perception of noise as pattern, as I've said. Second, they are both predicated on the idea that 'I know X to be true, and no amount of rational analysis will change my mind'. Third, there is the 'us versus them', based on the idea of naïveté on the part of skeptics. Fourth, there is the presumption that rational analysis actually *supports* the existence of dirty acid/conspiracies, when this so-called rational analysis is actually a bunch of logical contortions that are not defensible. Fifth, there's a form of 'I'm special' at work in that your perceptions are somehow inherently more valid than anybody else's opinions or perceptions, that you *know* something to be true so it is thus true. Sixth, we have propagation of misinformation over the Internet based on the transfer of supposed 'information' to naive, potentially undecided individuals, like 'oh, dirty acid.. so THAT'S why I felt uncomfortable when I ate that ten strip!' And finally, that transfer of 'information' is often based on proselytizing.

There's more, I could go on, but between this post and the wook bit I've been pretty far off topic here, so I won't. Do you see the parallels? I'm just curious.

I see the parallels.

We are essentially pattern seekers. This is our nature. And the scientific method is specifically designed to stop us bullshitting ourselves with false positives and 'noise perceived as patterns'. Science isn't a belief system, it's a protection from belief systems and when someone states that science is only one way of seeing the world, they're essentially saying that its as valid to wallow in confusion as it is to actually understand the world around us. The problem is that if this was true, then we wouldn't have computers, synthetic fibres, GPS and light bulbs to give us the mental space to theorise about dirty acid. Fuck! We wouldn't even have LSD in the first place.

So, given that, I'm asking the only question that really matters in this thread. What's the dirt in dirty acid?

ummm sample LSZ just fell through my door! Big fucking grin =D

Very interested in this dirty acid shit. I was discussing LSD with a mate last night who agreed with me that it's not so much that there's dirty acid around, but more that acid is simply a dirty drug... If you have a nice clean head when you trip, the pleasant effects outweigh the negatives ones & kinda wash over them. You might be aware of tension or some sorta bodyload, but the trip is such a laugh that they don't really bother you & in some cases you might barely notice them. Then you might have a less pleasant trip, perhaps your head ain't straight or you got day-to-day worry's, suddenly the trip isn't so dsitracting that you can ignore the physical side-effects...

This Make a lot of sense .. from my past experience with 30 plus years of LSD use ;)

Took the liberty of starting the FAQ in the OP. I think the second Q&A from Deino can also be added, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe it is good to split the FAQ to a pro and con answer, and maybe even a pro reaction to a con answer and vice versa... that should leave us with a sort of structure that shows more clearly where the answers end because of lack of data, or where some theories continue even though people were not aware of it.

Whad'ya think?

I'd imagine so, I'm not sure under what conditions d-LSD or d-iso-LSD dimerize. I don't know if they can form dimers with each other regardless of isomerism or whether d-LSD can only dimerize with d-LSD but not d-iso-LSD.

Honestly I didn't even really know they dimerized at all! A google search turns up no relevant info.

Lol everyone on BL told me I was crazy and said my Vial had food coloring in it, but I could just tell my the glistening Purple there is no way it was food coloring, and the drops looked clear in a pipette. It was amazing LSD.

Can anyone else comment if the dimers could make a vial of liquid purple?

Also I am pretty sure Living in the alps wasn't using the term wooks referring to the black race, but to wookie foot followers, who are a pretty crazy group, they are the kind of group that will kick kids off there fest grounds if they are selling RCs

Last edited by a moderator:
I could just tell my the glistening Purple there is no way it was food coloring, and the drops looked clear in a pipette.

that is exactly how food coloring behaves (and there are a lot of food colorings out there.. some *very* spectacular)... see also the beer-lambert law. this is why reservoirs and swimming pools look "blue" even though a small glassful will look clear.

as far as I know, LSD does not "dimerize", and if it did it would be no longer active... pure LSD is reported as being "A colourless crystalline substance. M.p. 80° to 85°."
a more likely explanation still would be formation of a colored charge transfer complex, i.e the indole N-oxide of LSD. Even still, neither of those is desirable nor a sign of "high quality" LSD in particular, they are a sign of oxidising storage conditions (i.e. some genius did not use degassed deionised water). (before you go there, the N-oxides of most drugs are inactive centrally)

or, food coloring. maybe even dissolved blotter/sharpie ink. my money is on the latter.

Very interested in this dirty acid shit. I was discussing LSD with a mate last night who agreed with me that it's not so much that there's dirty acid around, but more that acid is simply a dirty drug... If you have a nice clean head when you trip, the pleasant effects outweigh the negatives ones & kinda wash over them. You might be aware of tension or some sorta bodyload, but the trip is such a laugh that they don't really bother you & in some cases you might barely notice them. Then you might have a less pleasant trip, perhaps your head ain't straight or you got day-to-day worry's, suddenly the trip isn't so dsitracting that you can ignore the physical side-effects...

in other words, set and setting?

hmm.

Took the liberty of starting the FAQ in the OP. I think the second Q&A from Deino can also be added, wouldn't you agree?

Maybe it is good to split the FAQ to a pro and con answer, and maybe even a pro reaction to a con answer and vice versa... that should leave us with a sort of structure that shows more clearly where the answers end because of lack of data, or where some theories continue even though people were not aware of it.

Whad'ya think?

Yeah, the pro/con idea of separate sections is cool. I do have a concern though, because humans are champs at ignoring everything that disagrees with their conclusions, preferring to read documents that serve not to reinforce their standpoint. And so if the pro and com sections are split up, just as with politics, or philosophy, or any other onerous debate, I expect most people to read the section they agree with closely and skim over the other portion without bothering to actually read it, so as to be able to say to themselves or others 'yeah, I took a look at the other side's argument' so as to pretend to be unbiased. When in reality they basically mentally masturbated to their preferred conclusions and ignored the rest.

Does anybody – yourself included Solipsis – have an opinion on this potential snag? I am somewhat in favor of keeping it all together, but if the splitting is done properly (I do now know what properly would mean in this case either) maybe we can avoid this sort of textual bias. I dunno, I'm rather cynical, so that probably explains why I expect people to do this.

Also I am pretty sure Living in the alps wasn't using the term wooks referring to the black race, but to wookie foot followers, who are a pretty crazy group, they are the kind of group that will kick kids off there fest grounds if they are selling RCs

The abbreviation to 'wook' and the 'hustlin packs' makes me disagree. He didn't say wook fans, or anything like that that would imply a music connection, because the term when used in a racist way is specifically wook, not wookie, or any variation thereof. Packs are bundles of $100 of heroin, usually 12 bags. I'm a junkie, I know the terminology. And I know a lot of nasty scummy junkies – hell, I know nasty scummy not-junkies from the Chicago suburbs where the term is THE epithet for blacks – that call black people wooks, it's a distinctive term, that doesn't have any other forms spelled differently. You don't sell 'packs of acid', you sell hits, strips, sheets, etc. You may not want to agree with me on this point but your alternate explanations are awkward attempts at excusing the dude for whatever reason in really unlikely, clumsy ways, that rely on a bunch of complicated inferences. Occam's razor dude, apply it please.

Not trying to start a fight, just making things explicitly clear. Perhaps it pains you to ackgnowledge the existence of gross, hateful things, and perhaps you especially don't want to admit that such hate is available for your viewing pleasure on Bluelight of all places. I would commend you for your idealism, but unfortunately there are nasty thoughts and deeds out there, and in here, in this forum. I feel the same way, but I have seen and heard to much to believe in that ideal anymore.

Lol here we go again, speaking out of ur rear end from the UK.

Your biggest mistake is assuming the USA LSD distribution network is the same as Europe, it is incredibly different I learned that right here on BL

Okay, but you can't trust everything you read on the net now can you? So without getting in between you two as you box with each other, can you explain the context that you learned this supposed fact in? Because illegal drugs are illegal drugs, and psychedelic dealers are psychedelic dealers, worldwide. I fail to see how the networks could be super different. Would you perhaps explain what the distribution situation is here in the US and then also in the UK so we can see the contrasts for ourselves?

Because how you're banging on about him being from the UK so how would he know a thing about the USA, well, that applies to yourself as far as the UK goes just as much since you're over here in the US!

that is exactly how food coloring behaves (and there are a lot of food colorings out there.. some *very* spectacular)... see also the beer-lambert law. this is why reservoirs and swimming pools look "blue" even though a small glassful will look clear.

as far as I know, LSD does not "dimerize", and if it did it would be no longer active... pure LSD is reported as being "A colourless crystalline substance. M.p. 80° to 85°."
a more likely explanation still would be formation of a colored charge transfer complex, i.e the indole N-oxide of LSD. Even still, neither of those is desirable nor a sign of "high quality" LSD in particular, they are a sign of oxidising storage conditions (i.e. some genius did not use degassed deionised water). (before you go there, the N-oxides of most drugs are inactive centrally)

or, food coloring. maybe even dissolved blotter/sharpie ink. my money is on the latter.

in other words, set and setting?

hmm.

Dissolved sharpie ink, whoa! Feels good maaaannnn..!

Yeah, see, I have never heard of tryptamines dimerizing. Or any other small to medium sized drug molecule for that matter, though there may be some drug that does indeed form dimers that I just don't know about. And a google search found literally not a single instance of the words LSD or lysergamide associated with dimer, dimerize, dimerized, etc.

I think perhaps Alps is thinking about hemiX salts. Like hemifumarate, or most appropriately to LSD, hemitartrate. Meaning that you have a fumaric acid or tartaric acid molecule bonded to LSD, but those both have sites to ionically bond on BOTH ends of the molecule. So you get two molecules of LSD or 4-HO-MiPT in the case of the fumarate bonded ionically to one single molecule of the tartaric or fumaric acid. Hence hemi, the ancient Greek prefix for half (as you surely know, I explain this for other people who may not).

Since there are then two molecules of LSD this could be easily confused with a dimer. The difference is that the LSD molecules aren't connected directly, they're merely both connected to one single molecule of the other half of the salt (obviously only some compounds form hemi salts).

Last edited: