• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Dick Renegade

^Awww man that is sad. Funny thing though,all I can really remember about him is a bunch you giving the poor guy a hard time in the 'Unclothed Bluelighter' post.All because he was being "vulgar". How dare he do such a thing around all you perfect people.

Wow. A member of a drug site dying. What are the odds? People die every minute of every day and while it is sad to hear about it,the fact that he was a Bluelighter means absolutely nothing.

^Why is it even necessary to make comments like that? 8(

^Yeah, honestly.

8)

Did anyone here know Dick Renegade well enough to write an entry for the BL Shrine?

Either post up, or PM one of the mods if you'd like to write a few words.

:D

Finder said:
^Why is it even necessary to make comments like that? 8(

I'm not belittleing the fact that he died. That is a sad and tragic event. It just gets me that 90% percent of the people who posted had no idea who he was,yet everyone's all about immortalizing him in the Bluelight shrine. He was a brother,son,and a seemingly decent human being. The fact that he posted on Bluelight means nothing. I'm sure that there are many Bluelight members who die each year with no recognition. Bluelight,although it is a great site,is just that. A webpage. We are not a family. Hell,most of us don't even know each other. In fact,I would say that a lot of people who post on this site are some of the biggest assholes I've never had the displeasure to meet and for no reason other than to cut someone down. My heart goes out to this guy and his family,but don't act like this site is all heart. It's a useful guide for educating people about the uses and dangers of drugs. Unless you count The Lounge,then it's,"Let's see who can be the biggest dick today." So,put away your morals,Finder. I've never seen any evidence of morals in any of your other posts before. I'm not trying to be an asshole here,it just seems like someone has to die before you see even a hint of sensitivity here. Every other time it's some asshole laughing at someone getting busted for possession or egging someone on who is posting about wanting to kill themselfs.

chemicalcompanion said:
I'm not belittleing the fact that he died. That is a sad and tragic event. It just gets me that 90% percent of the people who posted had no idea who he was,yet everyone's all about immortalizing him in the Bluelight shrine. He was a brother,son,and a seemingly decent human being. The fact that he posted on Bluelight means nothing. I'm sure that there are many Bluelight members who die each year with no recognition. Bluelight,although it is a great site,is just that. A webpage. We are not a family. Hell,most of us don't even know each other. In fact,I would say that a lot of people who post on this site are some of the biggest assholes I've never had the displeasure to meet and for no reason other than to cut someone down. My heart goes out to this guy and his family,but don't act like this site is all heart. It's a useful guide for educating people about the uses and dangers of drugs. Unless you count The Lounge,then it's,"Let's see who can be the biggest dick today." So,put away your morals,Finder. I've never seen any evidence of morals in any of your other posts before. I'm not trying to be an asshole here,it just seems like someone has to die before you see even a hint of sensitivity here. Every other time it's some asshole laughing at someone getting busted for possession or egging someone on who is posting about wanting to kill themselfs.

Do you actually know any Bluelighter that has passed on chemical companion? I do, a lot of people here do. Whether you know this person or not is irrelevant. The fact is, there are other people here besides you who did know him and liked him.

I dont know anything about Dick Renegade but it is sad he died. Show some respect for the dead. :p

The Shrine is for the people who knew the person who died or were somehow affected by their passing. If you dont know them, dont post in it, dont read it. Kind of like a virtual cemetery- do YOU know the people buried under the headstones? No- yet they have a right to have some place where their friends or family can grieve.

People have morals here- the lounge is not a true reflection on eveyones personality, its just a fun forum where people give each other a bit of shit and joke around.

Look in GillyWin's shrine- her family joined up to pass on their respects to the Bluelighter community and thank her friends for their support. We went to her funeral. We said our goodbyes in person, we said them on line. I still go to her gravesite every now and then when I am in the area. We still miss her and want to keep her memory alive. Other people will feel the same about DR.

Read kittyinthedark's journal when it comes back on line. See how she was affected by DR's death. If that doesnt have any affect on you then nothing will.

RIP DR.

chemicalcompanion said:
Bluelight,although it is a great site,is just that. A webpage. We are not a family. Hell,most of us don't even know each other.

that is where you are wrong.

chemicalcompanion said:
In fact,I would say that a lot of people who post on this site are some of the biggest assholes I've never had the displeasure to meet and for no reason other than to cut someone down.

that is where you are right ;)

chemicalcompanion said:
I'm not belittleing the fact that he died.

Yeah, you are.

That is a sad and tragic event. It just gets me that 90% percent of the people who posted had no idea who he was,yet everyone's all about immortalizing him in the Bluelight shrine. He was a brother,son,and a seemingly decent human being. The fact that he posted on Bluelight means nothing.

It really bothers you that much? He obviously meant something to some people here.

I'm sure that there are many Bluelight members who die each year with no recognition. Bluelight,although it is a great site,is just that. A webpage. We are not a family. Hell,most of us don't even know each other. In fact,I would say that a lot of people who post on this site are some of the biggest assholes I've never had the displeasure to meet and for no reason other than to cut someone down.

Contrary to what you may think, Bluelight is not "just a webpage" for a lot of folks here. Sure, there are some assholes, but a lot of the time it's just the nature of the Lounge which most of those " assholes" understand.

My heart goes out to this guy and his family,but don't act like this site is all heart.

Then why make the post that you did? And where did I act like this site was all heart? 8(

It's a useful guide for educating people about the uses and dangers of drugs. Unless you count The Lounge,then it's,"Let's see who can be the biggest dick today."

Yes, education in one aspect and lighthearted discussion in the Lounge. Did you miss the memo?

So,put away your morals,Finder. I've never seen any evidence of morals in any of your other posts before.

I didn't realize I had brought out my morals, but at least my parents taught me that if I didn't have anything nice to say to not say anything at all. Obviously yours didn't give you the same lesson. Regardless, I'm sure you've read everything I've ever posted on this site. 8)

I'm not trying to be an asshole here,it just seems like someone has to die before you see even a hint of sensitivity here. Every other time it's some asshole laughing at someone getting busted for possession or egging someone on who is posting about wanting to kill themselfs.

Oh, but you are being an asshole. And if you think the rest is true you haven't been paying attention.

I'm not going to derail this thread any further and if you feel like responding to me, take it to PM where I'll gladly discuss things with you to your hearts content.

: /

My condolences to the friends, family, and bluelighters who are affected by this tragic event.

I hate to hear of such a bad situation. Death is never easy. In a way I feel that life in pain, is sometimes beautiful when we pass because we are set free from our demons. I am in no way saying that I think it's good when we pass. I am merely saying that in passing we are set free. It doesn't matter what religion we are to believe this, because we all know in dying we go to another place. Whether we believe in heaven or hell, a lot of times the worst hell is here. I have to believe for myself, and it makes more sense to me in my past experiences to believe in a better place. I am just saying that there is a place that our soul feels at home, and sometimes it isn't here. Although he will be missed especially by the people that loved him and knew him well. He is free, and has went where we are all destined to go someday. Hopefully we will see him again, and he will be smiling, and without the pain he left behind here. R.I.P. Dr. you will be missed.:|

rip.

i remember, once upon a time, bluelight was just like family, even members with whom you've never spoken. you newbies probably cant understand, but... i was going to say something relevant about the past, but thinking of past friends from the site who've died hurts too much to maintain that train of thought.

BitchSlap said:
People, there are PLENTY of guys/girls on here who are willing to lend a helping hand or ear if you just need someone to talk to. Even the assholes. Nobody really wants anybody to die, especially a fellow BL'r.

perhaps, but dont pick the wrong person with whom to speak. a "stop whining and kill yourself already" could be all it takes... and there's plenty who would say that.

no fucking respect, but what do you expect...

this shouldnt be a chance for people to air their "b.l." (or should that be b.s. ?) differances.

and what do you know, the mods are in the thick of it... :p

either pay respect, or fuck off.

+1 to stella blue. western culture has turned death into a morbid event that everyone dreads. when someone dies, you should celebrate their lives. i'm not saying that their family and friends should not be consoled, but death is just part of life, and people should stop being so damn afraid of it. it's selfish to be negative about someone's death just because you miss them. that's all it is, the dead don't miss themselves. just let it be, live for life, not death. and of course, rest in peace. but let this peace spread throughout bluelight, instead of sadness and depression. Let this passing intensify the flame of hope and life that is Bluelight.