⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

DarthMom said:
very strange, i totally don't remember it that way phrozen. i must have left the room at that point.

I was talking about the 2nd episode. It'll air this Sunday.

hey, does anyone else thing doakes is going to find out what dex is doing and join along? i don't remember the episode, but apparently he killed a guy last season, so it won't be a big jump

I think it's safe to say that the jump from police related homicide to serial killer is, in fact, quite large. ... or at least I hope! But yeah, I really love how Doakes has an sixth sense about Dexter, I got chills when he practically read Dexter's mind. ("To chase me down the rabbit hole.")

Sadly I do not have Showtime, but the 101 on DirecTV (?) played the first season in a week, and then there was the Showtime free weekend so we could all watch the beginning of the second season and get hooked.

The end of the second season premiere was awesome, his amazement.. his hand on his heart.. It's funny how far people are willing to go to accept that someone is normal just as a given. Or just how oblivious/wrapped up in their own minds people can be, like Deb. You think she'd look over and ask what the hell he was doing..

Your Biggest Fan said:
I think it's safe to say that the jump from police related homicide to serial killer is, in fact, quite large. ... or at least I hope! .

thing is it was more of a revenge killing than a police incident gone wrong. then he proceeded with a cover up, right?

I don't have Showtime either. The torrents are released literally hours after a new episode airs!

Ohkay, thanks for the info, I honestly don't remember Doakes killing anyone--I could've missed an episode, I suppose! I'll have to check for torrents or other such things. Thanks!

Your Biggest Fan said:
Ohkay, thanks for the info, I honestly don't remember Doakes killing anyone--I could've missed an episode, I suppose! I'll have to check for torrents or other such things. Thanks!

Doakes supposedly killed someone in the past, when he was in some secret military operation. I think I remember reading that in the book, but was it included in the show? :\

there was an episode where he saw someone from his past (iirc) under an overpass/bridge type of thing. he shoots and kills then there is a issue with the gun and a cop witness, yeah?
i think the victim's name was mr. bayard

edit:
this is what i have found by searching around:

Elsewhere the wonderful Angel had suffered a crisis of conscience this week when an erratic Doakes took to shooting an innocent man in cold blood and after Doakes let rip on Dexter, Angel had no choice but to actually drop him in it.

Anything that gives a character like Angel more to do in my book is never a bad thing and while this plot wasn't as good as the main stuff in the episode, it certainly had a surprise twist as such to it.

It turns out that the guy Doakes had shot, a Mr Bayard was actually something of a tyrant in the Haitian army and given the rather horrific description of some of his past crime, its little wonder that Doakes did what he did. I also have to agreeing with the validation Maria actually gave James.

However not only did we get a bit of a backstory with Doakes' army history but we also saw him at one point telling Angel that they are other good cops besides him. Doakes clearly thinks he's a good cop and he also thinks Angel is one too because the only thing he did in response to Angel "ratting" him out was to force another cop to respect Angel. I have to admit my respect for Doakes did go up in that scene.

from: http://www.tv.com/dexter/father-knows-best/episode/858818/reviews.html?review_id=433699&flag=

this happened in the 'father knows best' episode

after last week it is heating up
i'm hooked again
someone posed a question to me this week... do you think there is something weird going on with the big fbi guy? like he is dexter's real father, something of the sort?
i haven't decided if that is reading too much into it or not.

Hmmm.....that thought never crossed my mind. Interesting, now that you mention it.

I suspect there has to be some dark secret with Lundy we don't know yet. I'm still trying to figure out how Dexter is going to wiggle his way out of this mess, since Lundy gets closer and closer each week. I mean, if the show is going to continue, he will have to skate by somehow.

And seriously, can we rid of crazy bitch Lila? I think she has outlived her usefulness to the plot now...

lila isnt finished yet. she transformed dexter in ways i didnt see coming. he is just starting to see that it wasn't all about him and she isnt completely altruistic... there will be more interplay between lila and dexter as well as old dex v. new dex

Seriously, after this episode, how the F*CK does Dexter get out of this mess that keeps piling on? Between Lila, Doakes, and Lundy, his whole world seems like it's about to collapse on him.

Actually I think I know how he's going to wiggle free of all this, but I'll keep my theories to myself for now....

Dexter has really gotten excellent. Is there going to be a season 3? Season two is drawing to an amazing climax.

season 2 complete shit, utterly disgusted by what it has turned into. i stopped at ep 4 btw.

^^ Then how do you knwo what it has turned into if you have only seen half the season? You gave up on a good thing. Its picked up nicely imo.

Great show, probably the best on tv right now. I'm looking forward to how things turn out. I'm hoping for lots of devious carnage... I really hope Dexter kills Lila. That bitch may be hot, but she's fucking annoying.

Last edited: