Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

just got into this after a friend recommended it- wasnt too taken witht eh first epidose but its definately getting beeter as it moves on- im at episode 9 at the moment.
only quibbles i have with it is that some of the acting is a bit too much- found myself laughing out loud at some of the "meaningful" moments because theyre just so sugary and also like has been said its a bit on the predicatable side but its interestin to see that develop

I'm so hyped for this...I'm going to watch the last few season one episodes on demand so I can be well-prepared for the season II opener. :)

Man, I love Showtime.

Dexter - amazing
Huff - great, great show...very upset it wasn't picked up again
Weeds - another terrific, original show
Californication - very good show thus far...has potential.

With Sopranos gone, the only HBO series I'm into is Entourage, which I absolutely love.

So for now, Showtime is #1 in my mind. :D

The first season was based on Jeff Lindsay's book, Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Since that book, he has published two more about Dexter. His most recent one was released a week ago or so.

Anyway, the 2nd season isn't going to be based on any of the books. There's a blurb about the 2nd season on Wikipedia.

SonOF, you forgot The Wire. If you're not familiar with the show, check out it. I'm certain you'll like it.

This is the best fucking show in the world. I've seen the first four episodes of season 2 and it is getting spicy. I actually saw them before the first episode even aired. <3 leaks. I've read the books, they are really cool and explain a lot more of course.

phrozen said:
SonOF, you forgot The Wire. If you're not familiar with the show, check out it. I'm certain you'll like it.

I don't know HOW I forgot to mention The Wire, completely slipped my mind. The Wire might be the best show on TV...period. I knew there was an HBO program I left out.

Dexter fans: 1 hour until premiere. :D

phrozen said:
The first season was based on Jeff Lindsay's book, Darkly Dreaming Dexter. Since that book, he has published two more about Dexter. His most recent one was released a week ago or so.

The books are definitely quality. Read Darkly Dreaming (the show was an almost perfect adaptation), and about half of Dearly Devoted.

I am watching the 1st season tight now and I really have to say that this show is brilliant. I started watching it this morning and I am still watching it now and its late at night. I am seriously thinking about ordering Showtime!

I don't know why, but I was a little disappointed with the season 2 opener. Anyone else with me? :\

SonOF said:
I don't know why, but I was a little disappointed with the season 2 opener. Anyone else with me? :\

I was somewhat disappointed. I have a feeling that showtime forced them to commercialize it a little bit in order to draw in some of the viewers that would be watching it for free (showtime played it for non-subscribers).

Still, I definitely didn't think it was bad, and the show didn't look too promising last season in till about the 4th or 5th episode, where it really picked up and became great.

disappointed? are you nuts :D i came to say how great it was, and i am really looking forward to the rest of the season. he is starting to stumble, and it will get even better..... the previews definitely look intriguing. i love this show!

SonOF said:

Probably 'cause he didn't off anyone...

DarthMom said:
disappointed? are you nuts :D i came to say how great it was, and i am really looking forward to the rest of the season. he is starting to stumble, and it will get even better..... the previews definitely look intriguing. i love this show!

+1!! I haven't been this excited about a tv show in a long time. I bought the books but don't want to read them & ruin the second season. :)

phrozen said:
Probably 'cause he didn't off anyone...
really? not even that blind guy?!

hey, does anyone else thing doakes is going to find out what dex is doing and join along? i don't remember the episode, but apparently he killed a guy last season, so it won't be a big jump :)

RavenousBlonde said:
+1!! I haven't been this excited about a tv show in a long time. I bought the books but don't want to read them & ruin the second season. :)

Apparently the second season isn't going to follow the books, so you should be safe reading them :)

DarthMom said:
really? not even that blind guy?!
NSFW:

Blind guy skips town after Dex lets him off the hook. Little Chino escapes while Dex hesitates... Don't worry, Dex will be back to normal in the 2nd episode.

Last edited:
please use spoiler tags when youre telling thing like this^
someone may have not actually seen the opener.

i wasnt disappointed, per say, but it was just so much packed into that little hour- two mis-fires, feeling alive, and the big find
no matter, i am still very excited for the season

very strange, i totally don't remember it that way phrozen. i must have left the room at that point.

DarthMom said:
disappointed? are you nuts :D i came to say how great it was, /QUOTE]

I think my expectations were too high. I was a bit distracted when I watched it also, so I'm going to give it another go on demand before next Sunday. :)