• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexamphetamine withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO!

Sex is the only recreational activity you can do on d-amphetamine. I don't know if you've tried it but when you take it it's a dull sensation of stress, it makes you tense, awake and, like MDMA, it increases body temperature. Things that would normally bore you to death all of a sudden seem fun and interesting, for example studying.

The drug may give you a certain well-being or self confidence to some point but compared to what recreational oxy would do, it's not even 1/10. Doing higher doses almost seems like wasting your brain for nothing...it's a dull high, pleasure less, like, your heart is racing, you feel warm and that's it, nothing more. The only way to make ANYTHING recreational with this drug is to associate it with an activity.

And again, this is not like MDMA...MDMA by itself can give you a certain euphoria, d-amphetamine you don't notice that same rush at all. And even with MDMA...most users are on the dance floor dancing so they have to associate the drug with some activity...

These drugs are not like heroin. With heroin, nothing else matters, it's just you and the heroin. Nothing else nor an input of any kind is needed to reach a high. d-amphetamine, you really need to be creative to actually pull something off it...its really hard and takes years of use do derive any recreational activity.

Strongly, strongly disagree.

The first few times I was jacked on amphetamines were at clubs, but I would leave the clubs in the middle of the night still really, really high, and I'd just sit around with friends and it would be amazing, my tactile senses were enhanced and everything was fun, even doing nothing was awesome. Music was great, though not as great as with MDMA, and I could sit and listen to it all night.

The first few times I did oxys and heroin, I mean it was a nice feeling but it was way more subtle. I needed to do something, because just sitting there was boring, i wanted to watch something or go for a walk. The exception is if you're a bit drowsy - Lying in bed half-asleep on opiates can be a great time.

Granted, for me, opiates got better with time and dex got worse with time. During my 300mg+ daily oxy habit, I would be happy doing whatever, although Id still like to have an activity.

Strongly, strongly disagree.

The first few times I was jacked on amphetamines were at clubs, but I would leave the clubs in the middle of the night still really, really high, and I'd just sit around with friends and it would be amazing, my tactile senses were enhanced and everything was fun, even doing nothing was awesome. Music was great, though not as great as with MDMA, and I could sit and listen to it all night.

The first few times I did oxys and heroin, I mean it was a nice feeling but it was way more subtle. I needed to do something, because just sitting there was boring, i wanted to watch something or go for a walk. The exception is if you're a bit drowsy - Lying in bed half-asleep on opiates can be a great time.

Granted, for me, opiates got better with time and dex got worse with time. During my 300mg+ daily oxy habit, I would be happy doing whatever, although Id still like to have an activity.

Ya was talking in my case, de gustibus non disputandum I guess... Lol

I was on DexAmphetamine for a year for ADD, and it was hell to get off when i tried to stop myself.
I jumped onto Suboxone a day after stopping dexAmphetamine, which made the withdrawal very easy.
but i did get a migraine the first day i was on Suboxone, because Dexamphetamine is a Vasoconstrictor, and Suboxone is a Vasodialator, but a migraine tablet really helped.

Good luck!

Seems this got pretty far off topic for a bit (?) - so, let's bring things back to where they started/should be: answering the Q/s.

W/d's no doubt exist and will sucks for anyone stopping (cold turkey, stims) the substance. You've been taking dexamphetamine for a REALLY long time, man. Do they help you at ALL? Or, is the negative aspect(s) way more intense than anything positive that comes from them? Second, have you talked with your doctor about trying a different medication/a switch? If you find that prescription stimulants benefit your ADHD (and if you feel it's a real issue for you) then it's worth discussing. There are a lot of new drugs out there, and the variation in side effect/s is massive (in my opinion).
-if you DO want to stop completely, you should consider and discuss w/ your doc a taper plan (as mentioned). Tell him/her you want to try to function w/o them.

(^^I would not suggest taking suboxone to 'ease withdrawal'---EVER) <--Talk with your doctor about better ways to deal with physical effects you are experiencing.

perhaps you could switch to moderate amounts of coffee, as a stepping stone

Twenty years is a long time to be using a stimulant. It will be a hard battle, and most people will have a hard time relating, since many experiences with the drug involve taking a lot at once, instead of small amounts of everyday. The best way to come off it is to taper off. If you quit cold turkey, you may experience major depression. You will also have a hard time controlling your appetite and not over-sleeping. Just keep halving the amount you take. Since you've been on it so long, I would suggest doing it over the period of a couple of weeks/months. Just stopping is going to very hard and my doctors have always maintained that it's dangerous to stop suddenly.

Don't use other drugs to help you. Combined drug intoxication, especially involving uppers & downers, is a common way to end up dead.

I try not to have sex with girls who do drugs or who are virgins...it can create a bag of problems like ''you took advantage'' bullshit type of problem which by the way is rarely true. However girls seem to prefer mdma...they just go like ''ewwww'' on dex. They don't like dex. LOL

Please refrain from outright sexism. I am a girl and I LOVE dex as do many of my close girlfriends. Also, your references to rape are offensive.

Please refrain from outright sexism. I am a girl and I LOVE dex as do many of my close girlfriends. Also, your references to rape are offensive.

Ya ok. Rape?!...take it down a notch. Lol...I can tell when someone is awake enough to be able to make rational choices or when she just sais yes because she's dreaming of a prince asking her in marriage and she's off somewhere else. But like I said, I don't do that.

Last edited:
I was on DexAmphetamine for a year for ADD, and it was hell to get off when i tried to stop myself.
I jumped onto Suboxone a day after stopping dexAmphetamine, which made the withdrawal very easy.
but i did get a migraine the first day i was on Suboxone, because Dexamphetamine is a Vasoconstrictor, and Suboxone is a Vasodialator, but a migraine tablet really helped.

Good luck!

You used suboxone for amphetamine withdrawal? really? I've never heard of that, but i guess if it worked, good job.

OP, i wouldn't recommend suboxone for you. Besides helping in the way any sort of drug substitution might work, I can't imagine why suboxone would help with amp w/drawal, and if you used it for any length of time, you would have an entirely different withdrawal from that.

perhaps you could switch to moderate amounts of coffee, as a stepping stone

slight problem, I only have one kidney and i quit drinking coffee earlier in the year. I'm trying to get my body as clean as i possibly can as i want to move out from using all mind altering substances and get on with my life. But

the headaches are going away, I'm having very inspiring dreams, I'm just focusing on the positives of what i want to achieve, I however still have the shakes. thats about it.

Question about dextro

I've been taking 45mg of IR dextroaphetamine for 5 days...am I okay to just stop the dextroaphetamine??

I've been taking 45mg of IR dextroaphetamine for 5 days...am I okay to just stop the dextroaphetamine??

No, you will have a fatal seizure within 7 hours of the last pill. *rolls eyes

Yes you can stop and you should stop right now. You'll feel like shit and be tired for a while.

No, you will have a fatal seizure within 7 hours of the last pill. *rolls eyes

Yes you can stop and you should stop right now. You'll feel like shit and be tired for a while.

Dude..

Are you serious? I'll have a fatal seizure and die?? No joke this stuff scares me...

You'll be fine. Just maybe a bit worn out. It's not like coming off benzos or something.

Were you serious bout the seizure?? Also do you know anything that can help with the withdrawls?? I know i had to do opiates after a 4 year addiction cold turkey...that was hell...

I still have some of the dextroaphetamine left would it be better to just take like 10mg a day till out of system?? Would that help with the withdrawls or 20mg for acouple days???

Coming off stimulants for most people can be a bit of a hangover-type feeling, maybe some unpleasant residual effects and mostly just a need to rest. Really, it should actually feel refreshing to take some time off after an extended period of stimulant use. As much as I like to keep it going, it's a lot more recharging to stop and take some time out from the stimulants than to keep using.

It's more difficult to stop when people have an addiction because it can leave strong cravings, lethargy and a really low feeling - basically the opposite of the way stimulants would typically cause someone to feel. It won't put a strain on the body like alcohol, benzos or opioids though.

Ruby I was obviously being sarcastic. You'll be fine. Stop taking the pills. You haven't even done them for a week. You will feel tired and maybe a little depressed. Exercise, eat, sleep, give it a week and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.