• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Deprenyl + phenethylamines alert!

[...] what could possibly be happening?

Selegiline is a rather fragile molecule which degrades even at room temperature. It's possible that what you received had been subjected to harsh conditions, and/or was close to expiry anyway, and is not very effective.

Be a lot more careful with the stuff until you are sure. You should get a detectable mood change from the Selegiline alone, if you've been off of it for at least a couple weeks and start taking it. I am most familiar with the transdermal patch, which really starts to hit me at about T+20hrs. Unsurprisingly, I hear that the oral form can produce noticeable changes in much less time, perhaps as little as 1hr.

I've personally taken

Moclobemide (reversible mao-a inhibitor) & Selegiline (Irreversible mao-b inhibitor) along side 2c-e, 2c-t-7, ampehtamine, mdma... etc without any negative effects. Its just people without much experience end up in bad situations.

I been taking 1.5mg of Selegiline everyday (with food) and i take 2c-e almost everyweek and mind you i have checked my bp/hr and they were elevated but otherwise fine.

Though the only problem i see taking Moclobemide with such drugs is that it gives you a hard out tolerance, even though 150mg would make peak feel like i tripled, if you stop taking moclobemide and try to take a pill again, it would feel like a quarter.

2c-e + Selegiline: makes me trip balls for 24 hours.. rather then 6-12, on a 16-20mg dose
mdma + Selegiline: no effect
amphetamine + Selegiline: numbs down the amphetamine

2c-e + selegiline + moclobeminde + modafinil: probably the best trip imaginable

you gotta realise that Selegiline also blocks the uptake of dopamine and noradrenaline. it also attenuates dopamine release from amphetamine use, kills most of a cocaine high and reduces euphoria from methamphetamine use.

Just because its a irreversible inhibitor, i dont see why people start freaking out when in combination of MDxx, amphetamines because if anything, it would reduce the high.

Selegiline is a rather fragile molecule which degrades even at room temperature. It's possible that what you received had been subjected to harsh conditions, and/or was close to expiry anyway, and is not very effective.

Be a lot more careful with the stuff until you are sure. You should get a detectable mood change from the Selegiline alone, if you've been off of it for at least a couple weeks and start taking it. I am most familiar with the transdermal patch, which really starts to hit me at about T+20hrs. Unsurprisingly, I hear that the oral form can produce noticeable changes in much less time, perhaps as little as 1hr.

where does it say that it degrades at room temperature, no where on the packaging says that.

selegiline personality puts me on the edge, im more prone to get angry and put people in their places, it also dumbs me down, and makes me tired, even at 1.5mg dosing

Since I started my 5mg every 2-4 days regimen I have used LSD, DOC and 4-ACO-MIPT. Especially with LSD there seemed to be no potentiation. if there was any potentiation with the other two chemicals, it was minimal. I tripped reasonably hard but not exceptionally long at all. I probably didn't ingest selegiline on the same day though.

I'm loving selegiline. On 5mg per day, and tonight for instance I have had 1500mg in 3 500mg doses of PEA. The onset rush is great. Maybe I have a good heart/cardio but I don't seem to be noticing any bad effects from this combination. The stimulant effect has kept me up all night, very creative and pleasureable.

this post deserves an ongoing bump as the dangers of combining selegiline can not be overstated.

selegiline is an amazing agent with a broad therapeutic index, varied pharmacological profile and many subtle and not so subtle effects.

as we all know, selegiline is an irreversible MAOB inhibitor. irreversible means your enzyme levels will not be back to normal for at ~ 2 weeks after you stop taking it.

what’s more important to many of you balls-out readers, is it semipermanently hypersensitises you to psychedelics, which is not a good thing. you may go into overdose territory on a subthreshold Erowid dose.

i have extensive experience with combining selegiline, and have posted several times in the past as to the specific dangers of combining it with the 2C-X class. the combo is especially hazardous if you are in the middle of a course, which means your MAO-B is fairly fully suppressed.

MAO-A deaminates primarily serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine and octopamine, while MAO-B takes care of phenylethylamine, dopamine, benzylamine and methyl-histamine. to paraphrase what Sasha wrote awhile back, many ring-substituted phens are readily deaminated by MAO and the invariably greater potencies of the corresponding phenylisopropylamines (amphetamines) is due to immunity from attack by these enzymes.

this is why selegiline does not pose much of a hazard when combined with amphetamines (and has been shown to be neuroprotective post acute MDMA intoxication), but has such radical and mostly negative effects when combined with 2C phens. when you are taking an irreversible MAOI is you are greatly reducing the metabolic clearance of your psychedelic substrate leading to who knows what, pharmacokinetics-wise.

again, in combining selegiline (l-deprenyl, Eldepryl, Jumex, Davur) and members of the 2C family, any potential benefits that you think might be gained are vastly overshadowed by the negatives.

THE NEGATIVES INCLUDE COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE POTENTIATION, SIGNIFICANT CNS AND CARDIOVASCULAR STIMULATION, CRAMPING OF THE EXTREMITIES, IRRATIONAL AND DELUSIONAL THINKING, AS WELL AS YOUR GENERAL PSYCHEDELIC DEATH TRIP FREAKOUTS.

so don’t do it. and if you are foolhardy enough to do so, CUT YOUR 2C DOSE AT LEAST BY 3.

/rant

I can confirm this, sadly. Took 5mg of deprenyl sublingually instead of just swallowing it, followed by 140mg of 4-FA which went fine, but when I snorted around 10mg of 2C-B everything went wrong. I can't go into details here because I don't even remember most of it. I turned extremely delusional and by the end of the night I was swimming naked in a nearby body of water.

I know this was extremely stupid, but please, let this be a warning. I'll never use this stuff again with any drug, that's for sure.