• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Deprenyl + phenethylamines alert!

I'm also interested in accruing anecdotes beyond those in this thread and those linked within to determine the character of potentiation (increased cardiovascular side-effects vs. increased central effects in general, psychedelia vs. stimulation, increased duration, etc.) when psychedelic phenethylamines are combined with mao-b selective doses of selegiline.

Thanks.

ebola

It's really too bad you guys havent given them a chance.

If you inhibit A equally as much as you inhibit B then the trip gets stronger to match the side effects. Also, try waiting 2 weeks after ingestion to take the PEA. It will prove much more economically and recreationally efficient.

Okay but
1. why would this be safe and
2. why would we expect an increased ratio of desirable effects to undesirable side effects?

Since mescalin appears to work its magic via direct agonism at 5ht2a, why would reducing endogenous breakdown of 5ht and NE help?

ebola

No one here has commented on combining Selegiline with tryptamines yet . . . mushrooms have been speculated on, but no one has made any statement.... anyone?

ximot: if you cross into inhibition of MAOA, you should see potentiation like with p. harmala. I'm not sure what the potential dangers of also having inhibited MAOB might be, but my instincts say not many. However, you would be one of the first to try this out, so who knows.

I think there was even an episode of House M.D. where Gregory House combined the 2 to return to quasi-baseline.

Haha...yeah. This is the same show where House presented 'vicodin-induced dilated pupils' when he was arrested. ;)

ebola

I feel I should outline a couple of experiences here that may be useful.

I've lately been trialling Selegeline at for potential motivational and nootropic effects and have tried supplementing it with Phenethylamine at different doses and have also combined it with small doses of mephedrone (Will NOT be buying mephedrone again, not because I don't enjoy it, but because the potential negative effects outweight the positives IMO) and MBZP/TFMPP combo (Only ever tried these pipes a couple of times. Never again). My Selegiline dose is 2.5mg daily and have been doing it for almost a month.

When supplementing with PEA I learn't a lot about DA releasers combined with MAOB inhibition. In large doses over 300mg, I found I experienced cranial pressure, much like others may experience when dosing high on other stimulants. On a couple of occaisons This cranial pressure has resulted in an awful migrane. Now, I'm no neuroscientist but I am thinking this cranial pressure is probably due to the sudden increase in dopamine levels causing vascoconstriction and a sudden increase in blood pressure. From this I can assume the migrane comes from the body's inability to "control" these increased dopamine levels due to it's lack of MAOB. So this is a general warning to all those out there looking to enhance the euphoria from Doperminergic Phenethylamines!

As for the mephedrone, There was a definate potentiation in euphoria, and a slight increase in duration. The dose was roughly 150mg sublingual, with a top up of about 100mg sublingual just over an hour later. I had no problems with this dosage and it was a very enjoyable experience! Although I do prefer higher doses without the MAOB inhibition for a more serotonergic feel. I Took 100mg 5-htp & multivitamins around 2 hours after last dose, managed sleep about 2 hours or so later after an enjoyable, relaxing time appreciating the comfort of my new 15 tog duvet and hot water bottle <3:). I felt absolutely perfect in the morning!

The MBZP/TFMPP combo however was the same old story. No increase in euphoria, just your average few hours of anxiety.

Sorry if this post is a bit long or inappropriate as a response (n00b alert!). I may post those experiences seperately instead. :)

I usually dose around 180-200mg oral (without Selegiline), And the euphoria was definately more than with those doses.

I've found that taking mephedrone sublingually is on a par with taking it rectally. Hit's you stronger and faster than oral, but doesn't decrease duration. My doses will usually be about 150mg, possibly a bit less. The only downside to this is that it tastes AWFUL and you need to let it sit in your mouth for a while. It will dissolve into your saliva so you'll be there swilling it around in your mouth for 5 minutes and then the swallow isn't great. But you get used to it pretty quickly and I've learnt to love the taste!=D

Mephedrone is also slightly acidic and after a long evening of small, repeat doses I once woke up the next day with a fairly rough feeling mouth that was peeling in places. Had recovered a day later though.

me said:
ximot: if you cross into inhibition of MAOA, you should see potentiation like with p. harmala. I'm not sure what the potential dangers of also having inhibited MAOB might be, but my instincts say not many. However, you would be one of the first to try this out, so who knows.

I rethought this. With selective MAOB inhibition, standard tryptamines should be okay, but not those that release monoamines, like amt or 5meodipt, for example. Who knows though. It's VERY under-treaded and under-researched ground.

re: poodle's forays:

Nice info! I'm sure that your well aware of all this, but you've tread in DANGEROUS territory. 300 mg PEA is a very high dose when MAOB is KO'd. I haven't heard of anything lacking alarming cariovascular strain at that dose, actually. This is assuming ingestion in like an hour, not 1/2 a day or something.

And mephedrone...I can't see potentiation of the first-order and highly toxic metabolite, 4methylephedrine, leading to anything but uncomfortable physical danger.

Others likely have smaller tolerances than you. ;)
I'm intrigued with potential combos with MDAI...does MAOB selectively metabolize it? What would the benefits be sans increases in DA?

I feel I should outline a couple of experiences here that may be useful.

I've lately been trialling Selegeline at for potential motivational and nootropic effects and have tried supplementing it with Phenethylamine at different doses and have also combined it with small doses of mephedrone (Will NOT be buying mephedrone again, not because I don't enjoy it, but because the potential negative effects outweight the positives IMO) and MBZP/TFMPP combo (Only ever tried these pipes a couple of times. Never again). My Selegiline dose is 2.5mg daily and have been doing it for almost a month.

When supplementing with PEA I learn't a lot about DA releasers combined with MAOB inhibition. In large doses over 300mg, I found I experienced cranial pressure, much like others may experience when dosing high on other stimulants. On a couple of occaisons This cranial pressure has resulted in an awful migrane. Now, I'm no neuroscientist but I am thinking this cranial pressure is probably due to the sudden increase in dopamine levels causing vascoconstriction and a sudden increase in blood pressure. From this I can assume the migrane comes from the body's inability to "control" these increased dopamine levels due to it's lack of MAOB. So this is a general warning to all those out there looking to enhance the euphoria from Doperminergic Phenethylamines!

As for the mephedrone, There was a definate potentiation in euphoria, and a slight increase in duration. The dose was roughly 150mg sublingual, with a top up of about 100mg sublingual just over an hour later. I had no problems with this dosage and it was a very enjoyable experience! Although I do prefer higher doses without the MAOB inhibition for a more serotonergic feel. I Took 100mg 5-htp & multivitamins around 2 hours after last dose, managed sleep about 2 hours or so later after an enjoyable, relaxing time appreciating the comfort of my new 15 tog duvet and hot water bottle <3:). I felt absolutely perfect in the morning!

The MBZP/TFMPP combo however was the same old story. No increase in euphoria, just your average few hours of anxiety.

Sorry if this post is a bit long or inappropriate as a response (n00b alert!). I may post those experiences seperately instead. :)

As there is some research that deprenyl reduces the cardiovascular effects of methamphetamine, i'm wondering how it affects the cardiovascular effects of mephedrone.

Also is there a difference in vasoconstriction (eg cold hands etc)?

As there is some research that deprenyl reduces the cardiovascular effects of methamphetamine, i'm wondering how it affects the cardiovascular effects of mephedrone.

Also is there a difference in vasoconstriction (eg cold hands etc)?

To be honest, I didn't really pay much attention to these side effects and was sitting over 2500kW of electric heater to combat the icy temperatures outside. I've never really had particularly bad cardiovascular effects from stimulants anyway (possibly because I don't do insane dosages as some people seem to be fond of doing). I'm pretty sure there were no negative effects on the things however, as I'd have probably picked up on them.

I'll probably give Selegiline another go in a month or so and see how it combines with Methylone/Butylone/MDAI combos I'll be experimenting with in a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to make notes of any minor changes the Selegiline may have on vasoconstriction or cardiovascular effects.

To be honest, I didn't really pay much attention to these side effects and was sitting over 2500kW of electric heater to combat the icy temperatures outside. I've never really had particularly bad cardiovascular effects from stimulants anyway (possibly because I don't do insane dosages as some people seem to be fond of doing). I'm pretty sure there were no negative effects on the things however, as I'd have probably picked up on them.

I'll probably give Selegiline another go in a month or so and see how it combines with Methylone/Butylone/MDAI combos I'll be experimenting with in a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to make notes of any minor changes the Selegiline may have on vasoconstriction or cardiovascular effects.

Allright thx for your response:)

I'll probably give Selegiline another go in a month or so and see how it combines with Methylone/Butylone/MDAI combos

Thank god it's not mephedrone. :) Do we have data on how adrenergic B1 and its metabolites might be? If it is indeed highly adrenergic, it will be dangerous with selegiline.

M1 seems like a better bet, but it's still relatively unexplored territory.

ebola

Thank god it's not mephedrone. :) Do we have data on how adrenergic B1 and its metabolites might be? If it is indeed highly adrenergic, it will be dangerous with selegiline.

M1 seems like a better bet, but it's still relatively unexplored territory.

ebola

Hehe, yeah. As I said before, I'm not buying any more Mephedrone. EVER. Had 5g over summer/autumn and I enjoyed it whilst it lasted. What I had with the Selegiline before was the last of it and I decided as it wasn't enough to really party on, It'd be worth doing the experiment before I ended my Selegiline trial. I figured someone is going to do try that combo sooner or later, I'd rather it be me with lose dosages with none left to binge on should I feel the compulsion and alert anyone to any bad side effects.

As for B1, i've no information on it's metabolites at all. It's something I'll be looking into however. M1 is metabolised to bk-MDA and HMMC, though I know little about these, I don't think they'll be particularly adrengergic. But Selegilines neuroprotective effects when combined with MDMA look promising so I'm sure it will be similar with a MDAI/M1 combo at least.

M1 is metabolised to bk-MDA and HMMC

right...but wouldn't it also metabolize to bk-3,4-methylenedioxyephedrine? methcathinone metabolizes to ephedrine. So could B1 metabolize into something like bk-3,4-methylenedioxyephedrine, but with an ethyl group at the alpha rather than a methyl?

Sorry about the poor wording...trying to highlight relation to ephedrine, and I suck at chem.

ebola

Would an experiment with L-Deprenyl and beta-Phenethylamine be considered unwise?

Would an experiment with L-Deprenyl and beta-Phenethylamine be considered unwise?

low dose pea, ~50mg, I've read of people doing it. One I remember even used it over and over every day..

couple threads around on bluelight

Thanks for replying, I've read of those people as well but enough of what people do around BL would be considered unwise in my book. I was only considering doing it once and of course do only 50 mg, if it doesnt work maybe 50 more?
I read of people eating a lot of it without Deprenyl but I won't because it doesn't feel particularly safe to me, despite people saying its probably a placebo effect anyway.

right...but wouldn't it also metabolize to bk-3,4-methylenedioxyephedrine? methcathinone metabolizes to ephedrine. So could B1 metabolize into something like bk-3,4-methylenedioxyephedrine, but with an ethyl group at the alpha rather than a methyl?

Sorry about the poor wording...trying to highlight relation to ephedrine, and I suck at chem.

ebola

Not according to this paper, unless there is something I'm missing:

Metabolism of the recently encountered designer drug,
methylone, in humans and rats
by
Kamata HT, Shima N, Zaitsu K, Kamata T, Miki A,
Nishikawa M, Katagi M, Tsuchihashi H.
Forensic Science Laboratory,
Osaka Prefectural Police HQ, Osaka, Japan.
Xenobiotica. 2006 Aug;36(8):709-23.

ABSTRACT
The urinary metabolites of methylone in humans and rats were investigated by analysing urine specimens from its abuser and after administrating to rats with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) and liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI MS), using authentic standards. The time-course excretion profiles of methylone and its three metabolites in rats were further investigated after a single intraperitoneal dosing of 5 mg kg-1 methylone hydrochloride. Two major metabolic pathways were revealed for both humans and rats as follows: (1) side-chain degradation by N-demethylation to the corresponding primary amine methylenedioxycathinone (MDC), partly conjugated; and (2) demethylenation followed by O-methylation of either a 3- or 4-OH group on the benzene ring to produce 4-hydroxy-3-methoxymethcathinone (HMMC) or 3-hydroxy-4-methoxymethcathinone (3-OH-4-MeO-MC), respectively, mostly conjugated. Of these metabolites, HMMC was the most abundant in humans and rats. The cumulative amount of urinary HMMC excreted within the first 48 h in rats was approximately 26% of the dose, and the amount of the parent methylone was not more than 3%. These results demonstrate that the analysis of HMMC will be indispensable for proof of the use of methylone in forensic urinalysis.

Though that is a little off-topic.

Anyway, Solopsis. PEA with Selegiline is good if you don't go overboard. It can be far too easy to keep taking it and taking it as it lasts barely 30 minutes. A few small doses when I go for a night out or something really takes the edge of social anxieties!

Thanks for the info on m1's metabolites.

Do you think that you could hold your shit with a combination that feels like d-amphetamine but with a duration of 1 hr., with re-dose compulsion to match? What if this were coupled with a therapeutic index narrow enough that about 3x a solid 'party' dosage is physiologically dangerous? That's about what you're dealing with.

For safer dosing, I would dissolve ~100 mg. of phenethylamine in your beverage of choice (water works fine for me but others loathe the taste). Take a sip (not a gulp!). Wait ~10 min. If you don't feel anything, take another. Do this until you feel a slight something. Now you've established a threshold dose for yourself (where this dose lies will vary idiosyncratically) and can estimate what you'd need for moderate effects. I wouldn't push beyond moderately strong effects, though, as this combo doesn't appear benign in comparison to other stimulants.

ebola

hey guys, i recently got some selegiline over the internet. i recieved them in a foil sealed form so i am assuming they got made in a professional pharmaceutical place. ive taken 10mg daily dose for 2 days now. on day 1 i tried starting low with a dose of PEA 150mg, i waited a while felt nothing so decided to try 250mg, after a while i felt abit relaxed and some cranial pressure. i know this sounds stupid but then i took a whole 500mg at once. a while later i felt a pretty hard cranial pressure with no euphoria at all just a relaxed state. giving up on the PEA the next day i decide to start with low dose amphetamine (smoked) 100mg. having no effect after an hour i did another 200mg. this dose once again having no effect/minimal effect. im thinking now after reading other dose regimens that these quantities should have put me in a hypertensive crisis. the only explanation is that the selegiline must be faulty but this seems like a very good fake as it was foil sealed and had printed text on it. does anyone know what could possibly be happening?