• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Deprenyl + phenethylamines alert!

At the risk of reviving an old thread, I thought I'd add the results of my recent experiment intentionally combining Selegiline with 2C-C.

I have transdermal Selegiline in the form of Emsam 6mg/24hr patches, which I started applying Wednesday night and replaced each night thereafter. On Saturday morning, I dosed 15mg of 2C-C, still wearing an Emsam patch. It's relevant to note that I have significant reason to believe that I have naturally high levels of MAO-B, as I have dosed 72mg of 2C-C before without being uncomfortable. I've also shared experiences with friends and found my tolerance to be much higher--weaker effects with 27mg of 2C-T-7 than either of my friends with 21 and 24mg, for example.

Despite that typical tolerance, and probably in large part due to using Selegiline right up until and through the actual 2C-C experience, the potentiation I realized was /greater/ than 3x. The 15mg was much more similar to 60-70mg in intensity, and at least doubled in length, from a typical 4hrs to about 8.

This information indicates that nanobrain's recommendations to cut dosage to 1/3rd in the event of trying this could even underestimate the potentiation with this potent combination. It's not for the faint of heart nor those who don't have a very good understanding of exactly what Selegiline does, as well as proper experience with phenethylamines (weighing as well as the trip itself). 2C-C makes an ideal test compound because the doses are large enough to weigh with reasonable accuracy without alcohol suspension. I would never advise such a combination with one of the more potent phenethylamines without precise liquid-suspended dosing techniques.

However, if you have that experience and are willing to take the care necessary to approach this combination, I've discovered today that it can be an incredibly successful and worthwhile event.

At the risk of reviving an old thread, I thought I'd add the results of my recent experiment intentionally combining Selegiline with 2C-C.

I have transdermal Selegiline in the form of Emsam 6mg/24hr patches, which I started applying Wednesday night and replaced each night thereafter. On Saturday morning, I dosed 15mg of 2C-C, still wearing an Emsam patch. It's relevant to note that I have significant reason to believe that I have naturally high levels of MAO-B, as I have dosed 72mg of 2C-C before without being uncomfortable. I've also shared experiences with friends and found my tolerance to be much higher--weaker effects with 27mg of 2C-T-7 than either of my friends with 21 and 24mg, for example.

Despite that typical tolerance, and probably in large part due to using Selegiline right up until and through the actual 2C-C experience, the potentiation I realized was /greater/ than 3x. The 15mg was much more similar to 60-70mg in intensity, and at least doubled in length, from a typical 4hrs to about 8.

This information indicates that nanobrain's recommendations to cut dosage to 1/3rd in the event of trying this could even underestimate the potentiation with this potent combination. It's not for the faint of heart nor those who don't have a very good understanding of exactly what Selegiline does, as well as proper experience with phenethylamines (weighing as well as the trip itself). 2C-C makes an ideal test compound because the doses are large enough to weigh with reasonable accuracy without alcohol suspension. I would never advise such a combination with one of the more potent phenethylamines without precise liquid-suspended dosing techniques.

However, if you have that experience and are willing to take the care necessary to approach this combination, I've discovered today that it can be an incredibly successful and worthwhile event.

I am also interested in this combination, particularly mescaline with emsam (which i just started using). I'll report back.

I think emsam does provide some safety in the form of your stomach not minding the tyramine in the cactus itself, but I would think 1/10th the normal dose would be a place I might start.

Deprenyl seems like a nice substance, the type you can use to make your life better.

I would think if you have an MAO inhibitor + Methylphenidate would be extreme, with both dopamine transporter and MAO incapacitated, dopamine would flood the receptors senseless (maybe).

Deprenyl seems like a nice substance, the type you can use to make your life better.

I would think if you have an MAO inhibitor + Methylphenidate would be extreme, with both dopamine transporter and MAO incapacitated, dopamine would flood the receptors senseless (maybe).

I am experienced with this combination. It is decent. The main detractor is because of the jittery/anxiety factor. It is very "tweaky" .. however, the level of dopamine is indeed incredible. If you try this combo (i used daytrana), cut your mph dose down by at least 75%.

There are two new reports on erowid...

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=40621

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=40622

These two reports are very concerning. I thought it would be good to raise attention to this combination. This sounds a bit more dangerous than your typical pharmahuasca.

Also, does anyone here have experience combining Deprenyl with Phenethylamines?

These reports are concerning on one hand, since the users obviously didnt lower their doses of phenethylamine before hand.

On the other hand, it is also good to know that they didnt die. The reports of extreme extreme danger and certain death are undoubtedly exagerrated. However there is no substitute for caution. From what i can tell, it sounds like they had experiences that would be identical to what they would have experienced if they had taken 4-5x more of their phenethylamine.

If I trip on mescaline this weekend on a full mao-a and mao-b, i will let you guys know how it went.

I don't even understand what's the main idea behind using it with phenethylamines- is it that the drug doesn't break down as fast? Or like with MPH + deprenyl that the released neurotransmitters don't? In any case, do tell about your mescaline experiences!

er....why is this in PD? ;)
I'll have a lot to say soon. . . :)

This information indicates that nanobrain's recommendations to cut dosage to 1/3rd in the event of trying this could even underestimate the potentiation with this potent combination. .

I second these observations on potentation in regards to 2C-C, had the exact same experience. After 4 mg of deprenyl a day for a week, dosage of 20 mg of 2C-C was percieved to be at least 3x stronger and the duration in extend of 9 hours. A benevolent trip, but not for the faint-hearted still. Extreme caution in all combinations involving deprenyl and 2C-compounds and other phenethylamines/amphetamines advised.

I am currently making additions to a nascent FAQ on these types of combo's.
The short story is that they're too unreliably dangerous for most anyone to negotiate safely.

Thanks for the anecdotes. :)

Ok

I tried mescaline + deprenyl in the form of taking an emsam patch and then tripping one week later. (enzyme turnover is around 40-50 day half life). I took 3g of cactus powder. My dose was probably equivalent to taking around 20g of normal cactus powder. So it does serve as a VERY POWERFUL enhancer. However, there was peripheral vasoconstriction and some overstimulation. On the other hand, while it was more uncomfortable than usual it was also much more euphoric. Overall a good combo to save on cactus supplies. Im not going to go out of my way to do this again because i feel like i wouldnt be able to get as far gone as i wanted to without overstimulating myself. But deprenyl is certainly NOT an absolute contraindication with phenethylamines.

Also for the record i subsequently tripped every weekend since, and the stimulation decreased significantly over the following weeks, however the potentiation remained. However this past weekend was somewhere around week 5 or 6... and i took 20g worth , which ended up being VERY strong. No stimulation problems. I think the potentiation is wearing thin, since if the previously existing 5x potentiation had occured this week.. i would have been fucked! So 5-6 weeks is about it for potentiation it seems.

PM me if anyone has any questions

Last edited:
the patch, that is.
I bet this explains the nutters synergy then.

I've definitely combined deprenyl in liquid form (around 7 mg a day for a week) with 2c-t-2, once at 15 mg (holy shit) and once at 7 mg. The 15 mg had to be aborted with 60 mg temazepam. It was far, FAR too strong, and I was blinded by lasers the whole night. Normally, I'd take about 25 mg. This felt more like 75.

The 7 mg trip was something I thought would be easy, and the come-up took far longer than expected. It was like it just built up and kept going, and reached insane intensity by the 2.5 hour point. I was terrified at points, but mostly I was just so insanely overwhelmed and humbled that my experienced tripper self was brought to his knees by 7 mg of 2c-t-2.

Both experiences were terrifyingly surprising. They were also, I should note, insanely euphoric, once the surprise mellowed out. It was intense, interesting, and nothing like 2c-t-2 on its own. It made 2c-t-2 much more "full spectrum". I also felt like the body load was somehow lessened, and I felt AWESOME the following day. I don't *recommend* anyone take this combo, but I can't say it was all bad. The 7 mg trip was probably my favorite of many, many experiences with 2c-t-2.

Does anyone know about the potential interaction between mushrooms and a 9mg/day EMSAM dose? I'm not sure if it'll boost it or reduce it.

appropos to bump as I've seen several reports lately on this forum and others regarding the use of selegiline to potentiate phenethylamines and/or related compounds such as MDAI.

This probally had to do with lack of sleep. But.... some ppl just can't mess with their minds. They have some kind of off balance to begin with.It ruins everyone 8)elses nite

Thanks for this thread, whoever posted it / revived it from the dead.

I've always known MAO-B inhibitors and Phenethylamines were a dangerous combination, but used to believe this came with economical benefits. I thought it could give you the same experience but using far less 2C-X substance.

But it just doesn't work that way! Nothing but body load and headaches. Monoamine levels are complex and fundamental elements of cognition. Messing with them can be perfectly safe and even neuroprotective for dozens of combinations, or it can be crazy hazardous.

-

Also, anyone else notice that Deprenyl completely cancels out the effects of LSD? I swear that it has to. Either that or every time I combined them, I just happened to cut from a bunk tab...

I think there was even an episode of House M.D. where Gregory House combined the 2 to return to quasi-baseline.

Last edited: