• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Datura looks like insanity... Anyone ever done it twice?

Guys you have no faith. I am exposed to 'proper' drugs on a weekly basis and havent gone a week withiout smoking weed/snorting some M-cat in like 5 months. But honestly 'proper' drugs are a bit boring...

What makes you say that "proper" drugs are boring? There are a ridiculous amount of other substances which, in my opinion, offer much more than any deliriant ever could. Have you really run the gamut on everything else such that deliriants are the only class which still sound interesting to you? A trip report may sound interesting because it's written retrospectively, but I can almost assure you that actually experiencing some of the things which you've read about on Erowid and referenced here regarding Datura would NOT be fun in the moment. Sure, drug experiences are completely subjective and what is interesting does not necessarily need to be fun or even enjoyable whatsoever, but most people probably won't know how to react to having literally no idea what is happening while risking putting themselves in the hospital or in the ground. It doesn't sound like a trip sitter could even contain someone on Datura.

I'm really baffled by those who enjoy deliriants or think they would enjoy deliriants based on anecdotes they've read. I read those trainwreck reports on Erowid and think that Datura is probably the last thing I'd ever try. It actually seems like somewhat of a joke to even suggest taking it, as its effects seem to be profoundly and objectively negative.

I've done it a few times with good results, really good results.
I wouldn't suggest anyone seek it, but if you dose correctly it can be pretty interesting and beautiful.

What makes you say that "proper" drugs are boring? There are a ridiculous amount of other substances which, in my opinion, offer much more than any deliriant ever could. Have you really run the gamut on everything else such that deliriants are the only class which still sound interesting to you? A trip report may sound interesting because it's written retrospectively, but I can almost assure you that actually experiencing some of the things which you've read about on Erowid and referenced here regarding Datura would NOT be fun in the moment. Sure, drug experiences are completely subjective and what is interesting does not necessarily need to be fun or even enjoyable whatsoever, but most people probably won't know how to react to having literally no idea what is happening while risking putting themselves in the hospital or in the ground. It doesn't sound like a trip sitter could even contain someone on Datura.

I'm really baffled by those who enjoy deliriants or think they would enjoy deliriants based on anecdotes they've read. I read those trainwreck reports on Erowid and think that Datura is probably the last thing I'd ever try. It actually seems like somewhat of a joke to even suggest taking it, as its effects seem to be profoundly and objectively negative.

I'm not by any means saying that datura is actually better then more mainstream drugs, this post was initially about anyone ever getting beneficial effects from it. Everyone will agree bud looses its magic after a while, and apart from getting absolutely blazing on it(4-5 grams of really dank green), you don't really look back at smoking weed as a very memorable experience. And as for mephedrone its honestly just a buzz that makes you constantly fidget, i've never understood the appeal of cocaine/speed/amphetamines (I have done speed) as they in no way alter your perception, you just cant shut up.

As these are the only drugs available to me, its doesn't take much to understand why i'm curious about all these crackpot nutter 'drugs' (at least till shroom season starts again.) deliriants are simply another branch of experiences, perhaps some of the compounds mentioned above are a better way to experience it.

Ive managed to get my hands on some kratom as well, as i have no interest in harder opioid's of any sort which i will probably do over the next few days.

Sounds like you would like harder Psychs, like DMT, 4-aco-dmt, DPT, 25-d, growing your own shrooms is pretty easy if you know how to work clean and be patient. You might love k,MXE,PCP. Most of those things should be fairly easily obtained if you've gotten this far...
Though if you're going to do Datura, please try benadryl first since it's basically the same high and it only lasts one night.

Datura and nutmeg are 2&3 on the list of drugs I tell my kids not to bother with. If you open a thread asking about huffing petrol you will officially go down as one of the persistently dumb posters on bluelight.

I might be an old jade cunt but if I want to reach for the lasers I take MDMA, if I want to dance on a dusty doof dance floor in the middle of a Forrest ill take LSD and if I want to sail on a yacht while my girlfriend is topless ill snort coke of her tits. Weed is for sitting on my balcony, watching the sun set. Nothing in my 40 yrs on this planet matches the effects of these drugs. Many of the alphabet soup of drugs coming out of Israel initially, and now days china are just pale imitations in my experience.

When i first read about datura i was young and thought it fun to read about the disasters it had caused, and over the years it became a joke between me and my fellow men. Since then i have actually read quite much on the matter, thinking that one day maybe i will want to try it. And then, last spring, a great scary looking specimen popped up in my garden.
Ive saved maybe a hundred or so seeds, and burned the rest of the plant (i think my cats ate of it and became sick, one even died). So someday i will probably eat those seeds.

My plan would be to start at a low dose, say 5-7 seeds one day, then eight the next week, until about 15-30 seeds where ive heard the "fun" plateu is - that is OEV's, talking to inanimate things, reading fake books, dream-like state and so on, but not being trapped inside one of those total fantasies. This is possible, and ive read some reports which speaks of pretty enjoyable trips (save for the body load).

On another note, do you think one could learn some reality checks (as when trying to induce lucid dreams)? Lets say i consciously drop my cigarettes every time i light one for a long time until i do this without thought, and then start doing the actual check which is that the cigarette is on the ground, meaning it was real, and if not i am probably intoxicated.
I mean, the thought is that the behaviour should be such a normal pattern that it "spills over" into ones dreams (or possibly delirium states), and that it alerts the user about whats going on.

Many of the alphabet soup of drugs coming out of Israel initially, and now days china are just pale imitations in my experience.

The only class of drugs that came from 'Israel' (I prefer to call it Palestine), were the substituted cathinones. There was a big craze for 'hagigat' which was variously cathinone, n,methylcathinone, mephedrone and others. It could be bought at convenience stores and often had the worst comedown of any drug ever.

Most of psychedelic numbers and letters were inspired by the work of Alexander Shulgin and Dave Nichols in the US. And before writing them off, try snorting small bumps of 2c-t-2 off your girlfriends breasts next time you're on that yaught (and ask her if she wants to snort some off yours) :)

Me and a friend have a entire flat planned out (his mum is a landlady). I am aware of how to grow mushrooms, not that it is exactly hard so that once we move into the flat i can get right to it. As long as you are extremely hygienic then it looks fairly easy.

Where i live, no-one has any interesting drugs, so i cant get any controlled substances. I thought PCP died out a while ago.

And for the record Thousand words, there are drugs i wouldn't touch under any circumstances such as aerosols, Xylazine, Ivory wave etc im not completely fucking dumb.

Golem, DMT and K are on my priority list!

Have a look at BZ a drug the US army tested on it's own soldiers as a non lethal incapacitating substance... 3 days of delirium sound like fun? Datura etc are used traditionally as a birth control, poison and to treat external wounds. THAT IS RIGHT POISON. AS IN I WILL POISON MY ENEMY TRIBES WATER SOURCE/WELL. Sometimes used in shamanic vision quests but at very low doses and even then it was a last resort and often caused very nasty side effects. One individual cut his own dick off after just 1 cup of datura it's in a published medical journal. DO NOT FUCK WITH DATURA or any of it's relatives.

BTW Busty I think you missed some of the good one's, although I agree there is a heap of bunk as well. DOx's have been around since the 70's and I recall buying tabs for less than a 6 inch sub of DOC in the 90's, they are still called RC's and they shatter LSD in my opinion despite being a tad "dark" (perhaps why I like them) ALD 52 also better than LSD but that was coming from Canada in the early 90's and ozzie coke can kiss my ass it's shit. Get some from South America by going there (and perhaps staying in one of their 1st class jails lol) or get creative rather than snort lidocaine, speed and 20-40% coke.

MXE shatters K IMO and 3 meo pcp is as good as pcp. bk mdma is bunk but 4 MMC is rather nice even if 1 gram lasts 1 night lol. The APB"s well 5 and 6 were good but 3,4 CTMP is fucked up dangerous shit as is MDPV. So good and bunk. I think the Chinese were cooking up shit well before the mid 2000's and neo organics first came on the scene with drone and their neo organic dove range. The Indians are rather new comers although most of the K probably comes from India or vet clinics.

Perhaps chroming and petrol sniffing come in as the most stupid shit with datura a close second.

BTW Ganj pcp is still around but mostly in usa and very occasionally in this country and others like your own. 3 meo pcp is for sure in UK. Shrooms are not to tough if you set up right but don't think your first few forays will yield a great deal takes a few attempts to get methodology down pat.

Last edited:
To lyrae. Dropping cigs that are lit if indoors or even out sounds like a dumb idea for a reality check. A better one would be to have a friend bitch slap your face a few times shouting "are you there?? Are you fucking there?" Just my 2 cents. BTW Ipratropium bromide "ATROVENT" is an anticholinergic bronchodilator. I do not advise the use of any of these substances unless getting naked in someone's yard barking like a dog and pawing at their door while they call the police and getting sectioned sound like fun then go right ahead.

Last edited:
I know that on dph you can use a laser to break hallucinations, but I dont think you will have the right headspace at all on datura to remember to do that

Ayahuasca AND datura? that sounds... interesting. Think they might cancel each other out trip wise a little though...

They said it was Datura or Jimson weed but it was Brugmansia or tree Datura. They said it changes the Ayahuasca experience and that only a few leaves are added to a large quantity of Ayahuasca that's taken in a large group of people in a legal ceremony.

I've taken diphenhydramine more than once.. Can't say any time was enjoyable.. one time was most definitely memorable though :(

If you are going to take a deleriant make sure you have a trusted sitter.. my girlfriend of the time was fuckin useless.. ended up walking a mile from hers to mine at about 3am with no shoes on and no jumper on in the winter.. making my mind up as to whether or not to hang myself after living out my nightmare.. for hours.. luckily on the walk home i started noticing that the people i was with weren't there when i turned around.. I started coming to the realisation that I had taken drugs.

Last edited:
I've taken diphenhydramine more than once.. Can't say any time was enjoyable.. one time was most definitely memorable though :(

If you are going to take a deleriant make sure you have a trusted sitter.. my girlfriend of the time was fuckin useless.. ended up walking a mile from hers to mine at about 3am with no shoes on and no jumper on in the winter.. making my mind up as to whether or not to hang myself after living out my nightmare.. for hours.. luckily on the walk home i started noticing that the people i was with weren't there when i turned around.. I started coming to the realisation that I had taken drugs.

That sounds scary, Ill be locking all ways to exit my house and getting someone else to hide the keys when i choose to do it. Id rather trash my house than face all the innumerable dangers of the outside.

My nightmare was being shunned by my circle of best mates, all laughing at me, hating me, but nobody telling me why.. Not demon beasts in the woods :p They were not actually in the room with me but I didn't know that.. hallucinations are real as reality.

By the way if there is someone there talking to you the delerium won't set in properly.. it's best to just lay there and tell the sitter to let what happens, happen, as long as nobody is at risk of harm.. or falling asleep before it kicks in..

Sounds pretty normal for datura rickolasnice, I'm sorry it went to bad

man I think you just need to try some psychedelics. try some mushrooms or good acid out in the forest with a friend and then come back and tell me that "normal drugs" are boring ;)