• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Datura looks like insanity... Anyone ever done it twice?

Ganj

Bluelighter
Ive done a lot of research into different psychedelics, mainly entheogens as they seem to have more varying effects, looking for something different from the standard LSD/Shroom style trip. And it looks like i might have found it. I want to be able to physically react to what is happening when i trip,which is just a personnel preference. Anyway from what I have read datura sounds like insanity at its finest. Quoted from Errowid:

"unlike the visual effects frequently reported with psychedelics such as LSD and psilocybin-containing mushrooms, datura causes frank hallucinations, meaning that the person cannot distinguish between the hallucinations and real objects. Elaborate visions and fantasies are common, sometimes including long conversations with imaginary persons. Smoking phantom cigarettes is often reported, even by non-smokers."

For some reason this really sounds to me like a fantastic experience. Trippers also frequently mentioned many abstract scenarios, where half way through a trip, they will completely forget they have taken anything, and believe they have something/many important things to do (like getting to work, being at an event, doing something in the house etc...) and spend anywhere between minutes to hours vaguely attempting these activities, usually performing actions that in the real world have no actual correlation to the actions they think they are performing. After this they snap out of it for a short amount of time before getting plunged back into a near schizophrenic psychotic world, where they will continue to attempt basic tasks.

Having long and generally normal conversations with imaginary/"real" people, objects and animals, some of which sound insightful, but not really very enlightening. And smoking phantom cigarettes/ performing other tasks they routinely do prior to taking datura are also mentioned a lot. Have anyone of you ever enjoyed a datura trip enough to attempt it again? Every single report i can find say it is a never-to-be-repeated-nightmare.

Personally I do intend to attempt this, as there is nothing like it and for some reason trips that turn me into a insane cackling fiend are the most enjoyable. BUT not until I am at least 21 so my brain has finished growing. This is the only entheogen i have encountered with real physical and mental dangers while on the substance. I want to do it in a baby proofed area, as most people who do it manage to shake their trip watcher and end up trashing their house or doing dangerous stuff outside. I am also aware the potency varies from leaf to leaf, and that its almost impossible to accurately dose, and considering this plant is generally toxic that doesn't sound fun.

well, having long conversations with people that aren't there and having REAL hallucinations seems cool and all, but the intense bodyload reported, loooong duration and impossibility to determine dosage are major turn offs to me, I like to play safe.

maybe you could try dph or dimenhydrate which share similar anti-cholinergic effects but lower duration and you can actually know how much you took. maybe less bodyload iirc

experiencing utter insanity for a few hours seems really interesting tho

^ interesting?

could be interesting if you would be interested in experiencing a car crash first hand in repeat for what you perceive as being an eternity...

have you had bad psychosis during a psychedelic trip? because it is not fun and quite traumatising

thats just on experiencing insanity, but datura is not something i would ever fuck with and my mind was made up after i had a bit of an interest in reading severe trainwreck reports on erowid on drugs like nutmeg, ambien, datura etc

I still think that a lowish dph "recreational" dose would be interesting in the right set & setting

also interesting isn't synonimous of funny and comfortable

If you're set on experimenting with deliriants, please stick to DPH. Most of the people that write their horrific datura trip reports went into it with the same (or similar) mindstate as you, and then they say that it was horrible. Why do you think that your experience will be less traumatic than 99% of datura experimenters? Realize that with datura, there are certain things that are common for people to experience for weeks after their initial trial like constant night terrors and the like. DPH will give you a similar bout of insanity and interaction with seemingly "real" things, but you can actually manage your dosage and there's a lower chance of you literally killing yourself.

I've been dosed on it a couple times.
In my youth. Can't really say there is any safe dose.
i've posted on here about my experiences with it before.
Don't really wanna type it all out again, but i'm sure you can find it.
All i wanna say is
Just know One Mans food is another mans poison.
If you have the full intention of doing this. You are entering into the realm of a god honest psychoactive poison.

It's more like a fight for survival mixed with insane panoramic visuals which encompass all and everything.
Nothing central to your demeanor or objective mind set. It just will be what it is.

Please for the love of god be careful.

Is this the one that makes you run down the street naked save for one sock?

I was talking shit bout it one day hurr on BL, and someone or another came and defended it, saying it can be quite goodish if you dose it right. Like, make a weak tea, titrate up slowly till you get...where the fuck evar.

I don't know. I have a tincture made, in case I ever get THAT bored. After the first time tho, no thanks.

Nah, more like. Some kid while i was on a naturals kick in highschool.
Decided it would be cute to sell me some seeds which he said were like acid.
I was not as informed as I am now.
End up eating like half of pod of these damn things thinking it's a different breed of morning glory.

End up making it through the rest of school fine. I end up getting to just in front of the police station here in my town.
Suddenly i find my Health Card which i had lost over a month prior. I was scratching at the concrete for awhile wondering how to get it out there.
Then i had a moment of soberity and realized what was going on.

Ended up some friends found me by the train tracks and took care of me over 3-4 days while i was absolute demented, going in and out of catatonia and incredibly single sided conversations with people who were not there.

Nutmeg and now datura???

I know it's against the bluelight user agreement but for Christ sake will some one source this kid some proper drugs before he kills himself.

I've done DPH to excess a few times, but it really does feel awful, and nothing good came of it. Lucky I didn't burn the house down in my even stupider youth handing imaginary people lit cigs. At least the next morning I was normal.

Smoking low quantities of dried datura flowers gives quite an enjoyable buzz, that is somewhere between an anticholeragenic/alcohol buzz with hints of tobacco-like effects.
I really enjoyed smoking cigarettes of it while on low dose 2C-compounds. I never took it past sub deliriant levels but it was a good booster at the time.

this kid is just desperate for drugs and can't find any good ones

i remember a group of my friends did it when i was in high school, they all spent about a week in the hospital

Nutmeg and now datura???

I know it's against the bluelight user agreement but for Christ sake will some one source this kid some proper drugs before he kills himself.

Guys you have no faith. I am exposed to 'proper' drugs on a weekly basis and havent gone a week withiout smoking weed/snorting some M-cat in like 5 months. But honestly 'proper' drugs are a bit boring...

I know people who have taken it or a plant that's closely related to it multiple times but they took it in Ayahuasca ceremonies, where it was mixed into the Ayahuasca mixture, and in countries where it is legal to do this.

A guy I knew in college told me how at one time he wanted to take Datura but he ate the wrong plant and nothing happened. Based on what I've read about it on erowid it does not sound fun or like something I'd ever do.

Ayahuasca AND datura? that sounds... interesting. Think they might cancel each other out trip wise a little though...