• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dance Music Production - Part 2

KompleX I got it one and a half years ago for $590 at JB. It's a Sony MZR-55. The only problem with Minidisc recorders is that they compress the sound and you may lose some of the sound quality (although the compression is better than MP3 by far!!!).
Minidisc uses ATRAC (Adaptive Transform Acoustic Coding). There are different versions of the Codec and you might want to find out what version is used in the recorder before you buy it. There are a couple of reviews on different units on www.minidisc.org . Anything above version 3.5 is good.
I'd say go for the Sony (Yes, I'm brandest) MZR-90. It's very small, got a backlit controller and 40sec shock mem. They go for around RRP $749 but should be able to get one for $550-650. I think they use ATRAC version 4.
Oh and they don't sell mine any more
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Get one second hand greg. I got mine 2nd hand for 200 bux. well my bro did anyway hehe.
Has anyone played on that new alesis synth yet? They are the bomb apparently..they look like something from star trek hehe..
No matter though, I still want my access virus b version FOUR
woohoo.
------------------
SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION:
B.T.S.O.M
www.mp3.com/serotone

Wow. www.melbournetradingpost.com.au sucks but its cool coz i found a kawai k3m with memory card for 150 bux and i bought it.
smile.gif

I think my next serious port of call would be to get a compressor coz they rule. Perhaps an alesis 3630.....
Anyone hvae one they want to sell ?
------------------
B.T.S.O.M
www.mp3.com/serotone

I got a Alesis 3630.... It's sittin' right next to me in my rack :) But I wouldn't sell it 'cause I can use it to fark with peoples minds.... ;-P
I was thinking of buying the kawai k3m (yes the same one as you) but I looked it up and found it was a subtractive/additive synth a little like the korg poly 800. Plus it also doesn't have a value knob, only a up/down buttons. I don't know...
What's it like? Made any good patchs with it yet?
Akai s3000xl for me next month...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Unbumpable. (aN-bUm_pa-bul)1.Adj, sumthing which cannot be bumped 2. Noun, an object that is large in mass "that guy is an unbumpable" 3. A thread which cannot be moved to the top.
See, u learn sumthin everyday, even tho u forget it from extensive drug use
wink.gif

Oh, and if anyone wants to wank over large amounts of gear, live and wired is on next week at @mos, well thats what ive heard. Might just be a rumour or sumthin, like those monkeys that have 4 asses.

Yeah i've got some half decent stuff out of it...what do you expect for 150 bux though..hehehe. I desperately want a sampler and a compressor...
and a real synth......
------------------
B.T.S.O.M
www.mp3.com/serotone

I'll swap ya a real synth for a decent mixer, or effects unit, or sampler...