• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

D R I V I N G

SurferChic

Bluelighter
Haaai.

I live in the England in the middle of nowhere, I’m hooked on coke and tried meth on Friday as was trying to save pennies, think that may have been a bad idea, already ordered another gram.

I live with my hubs and three kids. Hubs know I do drugs but no one else does really. Im a doctor and not many of my mates do anything like this (… or maybe we all do?!).

I use a lot. I don’t think there’s any point where I’d pass a drink-drug test but more to the point I’ve got my kids in the car.

I don’t feel off my face, I feel normal, I’m sort of high-functioning in the sense that my life appears normal. I have severe depression, but now I’m generally happy and very motivated. I manage stuff with benzos (prescribed). But sure, if I’m out I go for it lol.

I’m just feeling so guilty about driving and the consequences. I never thought this would be me. But in the other sense…I feel like a mum again now, I have energy etc.

Thoughts please… (go easy!!)

c70447e24a23878e91a8d903a64d5d1a

I'd find another drug to help the depression.

I think you already know the answer.

I am vehemently against it, but have driven high and drunk more than I'd care to admit. Most of us here likely have.

I don't know the laws across the pond but in the US the charge for inebriated driving is severe. With kids in the car, its extremely worse. Major jail time and consequences, child endangerment, etc.

But I'm sure you already know this.

And like @Arnold said, you might be feeling great now from cocaine or meth, but these are simply not long term options. These drugs never end well. Ever. You're likely in the honeymoon phase. It goes downhill fast and there is nothing stopping you from losing it all. And with a family and job, you have a lot to lose.

In the end cocaine and meth will always, inevitably, make your depression much worse. There is no escaping it.

Maybe look into pharmaceutical amphetamines or other stimulants if you need a boost...

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I never drive high but what I mean is that if I got stopped that a test would come up positive. In the UK they have to have a reason to test you if you fail a pre-test. I guess my issue is that if I ever got tested whilst driving with the children in the car it’d show I use class A drugs, even if it had been four days ago. I guess I’m ashamed. This isn’t a fun thing.

I’ve tried every pill going. I’ve spent years in psychiatric hospitals. I take an array of meds currently, lithium keeps me the most stable and my benzos. I certainly think I have adhd because I don’t get the effects that others describe from meth.

I have a drug worker person who I contacted as this has been playing on my mind for a while. He’s great, he’s been pushing for inpatient detox for ages. Putting the driving thing aside, I don’t want to stop so it’ll be tough. Thanks for the replies, needed to hear it!

You as a doctor should know that you can buy the saliva tests quite easily online. The same one's the coppers use.

THis will indicate if you're safe to drive or not after a session.

Getting stopped in the middle of bum fuck no where for a drug check...cocaine/stimulant use can create paranoia lol

I can't find the clip from road wars driver on speed lol
Got this though

Last edited:
Yep I know, but I’d be positive. I use daily but obviously the effects of coke are short lived but id have a positive reading for longer, saying that, it does give a level/ug. Oddly I don’t drink 🤣. But you’re right, I might buy some, we don’t use them as docs, we do bloods and we don’t care in that sense, we just want to know what a patient has taken. The police do the other crap.

What do you guys re: driving? You must be in the same position the day after a bender!

Yup they do. I’ve never had an assessment. It’s stupid really, I’ve had so many labels over the years. It’s really traumatised me. The thought of going down that whole route again makes me feel shitty. I will talk to my psychiatrist. It’s so fucking annoying. I’m sure it won’t be this way forever but I feel so much better. The energy and motivation, it’s amazing and then I feel better cos I actually get shit done. I’ve had more time for the kids, been playing with them more etc. So backwards. The thought of detoxing and losing that feeling and then being more depressed is shite.

I don't drive on weekends, the pigs are after me big time and they'd fuck me over if I were to get stopped.
I got them in to the shit with the real law.

Non uk, they do roadside traffic stops/alco drug checks en masse at various times during the week.
Where those are gets reported online...you just don't want to be the first one of the night after they've moved again for the night.

I've driven on booze and weed. Never had an accident never heavily intoxicated though.
Drink driving is a bit of a national sport here, bum fuck nowhere redneck hicktown, no cabs everybody drink drives from the pub to home 10-15miles just need to know the backroads.
The lazy dumb fucks have got their standard spots where you can expect them.
Plus the twats in the anonymous vehicle blasting about.
The no plates are well known of the 'anonymous police vehicles'.

I went inside the police station once and told them straight if they ever followed me with the anonymous vehicle that the next day you'd read about it in the paper.
It's the kinda cops here who follow people to try and scare them...
You have to tell em who's boss in a situation like that...

well you did ask...

Last edited:
I have crashed my car 3x while driving, usually drunk, on benzos, or on a meth comedown or a combination of them

thank God I've never hurt anyone or been arrested for it (VERY lucky)... but I have several family members with at least one or multiple DUIs

I'm very lucky and do not push my luck... I've pushed it far enough

If you are in the least bit high and get pulled over in the US, you're fucked... they catch everyone and it is not uncommon for them to make DUI arrests on people who are completely sober, just youtube "arrested for DUI sober" and look at all the videos

Jeez!!!

I can’t believe all that, mega harsh. Kinda sounds like stuff I see on the tv.

I live in a very quaint village by the sea… think England in movies (!!) so on that front it’s pretty quiet.

It’s be unusual to get a prison sentence on with a DUI. I think it’s a fine, lose license for a year. If you injure someone then that’s
different. They do take into account levels of stuff.

Well done @Negentropic , that’s definitely the safest way! @Arnold that’s just all sounds bonkers!

Jeez!!!

I can’t believe all that, mega harsh. Kinda sounds like stuff I see on the tv.

I live in a very quaint village by the sea… think England in movies (!!) so on that front it’s pretty quiet.

It’s be unusual to get a prison sentence on with a DUI. I think it’s a fine, lose license for a year. If you injure someone then that’s
different. They do take into account levels of stuff.

Well done @Negentropic , that’s definitely the safest way! @Arnold that’s just all sounds bonkers!
That's how some people describe claton on sea as well.

Seems as though you might benefit from a methylphenidate or dextroamphetamine prescription.

Cocaine is perhaps one of the worst choices to use as a functional stimulant. Although it certainly is effective.

Where are you getting meth in the UK? Sure it's not amphetamine sulphate? (Because if it is meth, switch to amphetamine sulphate if you can it's far more manageable and less destructive) I'm guessing you never did a rotation in A&E? Are you actually a doctor or a med student? I say that only because everyone I know on rotation stopped being reckless coke fiends with their drug taking after a couple of weeks on A&E lol

Last edited:
You don’t want to risk losing your Career and Kids in the event that someone who doesn’t like you rats you out.

However, legally prescribed speed users are doing no wrong according to Society.

And of course there’s the natural straight edge path…

Attempt to catch up…

I get it off the darkweb, it’s beautiful lol.
Yup been a doctor since 2013, I’ve done tons of ED, tbh where I live there isn’t a lot of coke about. Mainly heroin issue.

I don’t think anyone would rat me out, I really don’t do it with others, more of a coping thing.

Yup my kids are my fear…and job I guess. But surely everyone is that’s doing drugs.

So Meth questions… started on Friday for first time, coke is so freaking expensive and short acting. I really didn’t know what to expect. I only snort coke and meth, I won’t smoke or iv as I know that’ll be me done.

So I did a normal size coke line, waited for supposed rush and didn’t really feel anything. Energy shot up, way sooner than I thought I was bumping. Fuck it hurts!!! Energy went up again and about 6 hours after the first line I got a lovely high. I found the whole thing really calming, I’d have the odd line of coke as well then went to benzos for come down. Sooooo… how much did you guys use as newbies? The whole thing wasn’t as dramatic (?!) as I was expecting, might up things a little this week as I’m off and kids at grandparents 😬. I’ve been using naseptin for my nose which is so good.

Sounds like the meth could be impure, a normal coke sized line should have you off the rails. I know Amphetamines in the UK are notoriously impure. I have no tolerance and I take under 10mg orally. It’s about 1.5-2x stronger than d-Amphetamine of which I usually take 10-20mg. That said most people scoff at the amounts I use so maybe I’m just more sensitive.

-GC

d-Amphetamine of which I usually take 10-20mg. That said most people scoff at the amounts I use so maybe I’m just more sensitive
I never understood why people take large doses of dex, anything more than 30-40mg is unpleasant for me. Doesn't increase euphoria, only more side effects. 20-30mg is my sweet spot