Training Log Cycling Journal (Bicycle not steroids)

September 30

15 miles. Borrowing someone's bike until I get one. It's a bit of a clunker but it worked.

October 1

12.6 miles. Bonked big time, or something happened on the way back! That's what I get for not eating before I left I guess. Sleep also wasn't the best.

Last edited:
My new bike (the red one). Needs some work but the frame is solid. Guy sold it to me for $90 dollars instead of $175 because there's an issue with some clunking in the shifting...

120934878_10224753260044367_1133793716576469084_o.jpg

I found this thread pretty inspiring. I bought a mountain bike after not riding one for 10 years or more to aid in my recovery. It’s working well and I’m up to about 9 km of intermediate trail twice a week plus another 2 sessions on the flat. Although I did fall off yesterday for the first time and ended up a bit bloodied. It reminded me I wanted to get knee and elbow pads!

My new bike (the red one). Needs some work but the frame is solid. Guy sold it to me for $90 dollars instead of $175 because there's an issue with some clunking in the shifting...

120934878_10224753260044367_1133793716576469084_o.jpg
If you threw some drops on there you could have a sick gravel bike sort of thing

I actually like more upright handlebars. :p

October 4

7.8 miles shorter ride, was getting dark.
Yeah for me my wrists get really sore after a while so the drops are nice for longer road riding. You doing mtb or road stuff mostly?

Yeah for me my wrists get really sore after a while so the drops are nice for longer road riding. You doing mtb or road stuff mostly?

Exclusively road/bike path right now. I'm probably gonna put some more road oriented tires on it as well as replace the seat and handle bar grips. Oh, and find out what's wrong with the gears. Hopefully I won't have to replace the whole groupset. lol

October 5

15 miles

Yeah hopefully it’s just a bit of tweaking on the derailleur screws lol

As long as it rolls it’ll do

Yeah hopefully it’s just a bit of tweaking on the derailleur screws lol

As long as it rolls it’ll do

Took it to the shop and they said the crankset needs to be replaced. So crankset, bottom bracket, pedals, seat, and grips are all getting replaced. 300+ dollars of repairs on a 90 dollar bike. lol Should be nice once it's fixed up tho. The frame is solid.

Decided to put my last week together so I can keep better track...

October 1

12.6 miles

October 3

15 miles

October 4

7.8 miles

October 5

15 miles

October 7

15 miles

October 8

12.6 miles

October 9

15 miles

October 10

12.6 miles

October 12

12.7 miles?

October 13

15 miles

October 14

4 miles. Hardcore... Not.

Last edited:
Managed to ride 11/14 days so far. Gonna start a new journal entry for my next ride which is hopefully tomorrow. Still using a borrowed bike which seems to need maintenance now. 8(

October 15

13 miles?

October 18

15+ miles

October 19

11.7 miles

October 20

16.6 miles. Think that's about the furthest I've gone so far.

October 21

11.6 miles. Shorter ride, but it was getting dark and I hadn't eaten, so just about right.

October 23

16.6 miles. Bit dark wet and cold but that didn't stop me. :cool:

October 25

19.2 miles. Last time I do that without gloves.

Last edited:
November 2

12.3. Took a week off while I got some things in order. Mainly getting my bike back and buying some cycling shorts.

November 3

20.5. This might be the furthest I've ever ridden. Didn't seem too hard today.

November 4

14.7 miles. Ran out of steam before I got to where I was gonna ride to on the way back so I decided to cut it slightly short.

November 7

20.5 miles. Cold and started raining towards the end but got it done.

November 8

17 miles or so.

November 9

17.3 miles. Went out into the country a bit with a big hill at the beginning of the ride and some smaller inclines and declines throughout the whole route. I need to start adding some hills apparently because this wasn't easy. Still made it without stopping tho (barely). I'm sure it didn't help that I hadn't slept good and was a bit tired.

Last edited:
November 10

12 miles. Shorter ride, got a late start. Funnily enough this used to be what I would consider a long route.

November 11

20 miles. 5th ride in a row. Getting myself used to longer distances and some hills as well.

November 12

12 miles, fasted cardio? lol Wasn't planning on riding today but I figured I had time for a shorter ride before it was pitch black out. Focused on keeping my tempo up.

November 13

16.6 miles. I thought this was further but oh well. 7 days in a row tic tac toe.

November 15

20.5 miles

November 16

13.7 miles. Hit some hills. Was pleasantly surprised with how I did since I haven't purposefully done any hill climbing in a long time.

Last edited:
November 17

12 miles in the dark.

November 18

4.1 miles lol... Started pouring so I quit. Wasn't planning on riding today anyways.

November 19

19.4 miles.

November 20

5 miles to the store and back. Not really a ride ride.

November 21

15.5 miles with some hills. Apparently it was 35 degrees when I came back.

November 23

16.1 miles. Brutal hill climbing. I ended up having to stop short with 4 miles to go cuz it was getting dark and cold and the road I was on was a bit hazardous to be on in the dark with no lights. I could've completed the route but I didn't give myself enough time so I got picked up by someone.

Last edited:
November 26

19.1 miles. I gotta figure out my clothing problem. Everything I own seems to be cotton and I'm getting sweaty and cold when I ride. The only actual cycling clothing I have is the bike shorts I just got. The jacket I've been wearing is mostly nylon which apparently isn't good at all for breathability either.

^some of that nike in ion colors.

seems like you’re posting some longer rides.

Yes! Like today...

November 28

19.5 miles. Out into the country up and down a bunch of hills. This is probably the most grueling ride I've ever done. My stamina for longer rides is definitely improving.