Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film "Cult Films" That Disappointed You?

Have a few friends over when you watch The Room. It's a lot of fun when viewed in a group (or even better, view it at a theatre).

The first time I saw it was with a few friends in a late night arthouse cinema viewing. The cinema was full and we proceeded to get drunk and before we knew it we were laughing and shouting at the screen along with the other fans, who by the seem of things had seen it multiple times.

My favourite crowd ritual was chanting "Go, go, go, go, go!" during one of the many panning shots of a bridge. When the shot stopped halfway across the bridge, the crowd were verbally disappointed. But on the one or two occasions that the shot panned all the way to the other side of the bridge, the crowd cheered estatically.

My only problem with the room has nothing to do with it being a bad movie. My problem is with Tommy Wiseau's apparently real ignorance as to why people go to see his film at midnight screenings. I mean, it's not that I want to see the guy break down and cry, but it would be nice to see him get real.

'Kids' pissed me off, 'Bully', by the same director is a much better movie.
'Trainspotting' sucked.
I agree with Boondock Saints

Eraserhead. The only part I enjoy is the "in heaven" song the lady in the radiator sings.

Also hate fight club.

^including the scenes of figures moving through the woods? only thing scary in the movie. and the only thing i liked about the movie. the opening scene felt like an x-rated Maytag commercial.

i was really hoping too. great horror movies are a rare but particularly satisfying find.
Interesting. I think it is one of Lars Von Trier's greatest films to date. I am a sucker of the films of Andre Tarkovsky, which Anti-Christ owes a great debt to, both in style, and even literal visual tribute (Dafoe in the Ferns, the burning of Gainsbourg's body at the end, etc. are lifted, respectfully, in fact, with credit, directly from Tarkovsky films) On top of that, the "shocking" sequences are presented with a reverence that a lot of its contemporaries lack (think of how the over the top gross out scenes in so many films, even from directors with a touch of art to their work, are presented today... "wasn't that gross!?"). The pacing is also the most horrifying thing to me... how brooding, and lumbering! It was Hour of the Wolf 2009!

My opinion of Anti-Christ changes like every 3 minutes. I appreciate certain parts of it, which makes it really hard to just say "fuck this movie." But my gut is telling me that this movie is, at it's heart, not good at all. In 10 years, for instance, it will be a fact: this movie was bad - maybe one of the worst.

But son of a bitch, I swear that half the team were trying to create a masterpiece. The shots of her moving slowly through the woods had real depth to them, as did the artistic work in general out by the cabin.

I
Anyone here see Hobo with a Shotgun? this film is Canadian (as am I), has everything I look for in a film but I thought it was shit despite it getting great reviews from everyone i know and RT. It will surely be a cult film in the future for those who love that surreal shit but I didn't know whether to laugh or turn it off. Another Canadian cult film and its sequel, Fubar and Fubar 2 are fucking amazing to me however.

Classic I have seen this movie and I was quite surprised at the twist in the movie . . funny movie. .

Just watched Antichrist, and...I dunno. There were some brilliantly directed scenes, but the story just wasn't there for me. I liked a lot of the ideas that this movie presented, and there's no denying Trier is incredibly talented, but at the same time the pacing is ridiculous, the characters are flat and one-dimensional, and there were some ideas (mostly the overt usage of symbolic images/items...not obscured at all, almost like Trier was screaming "LOOK THIS IS A SYMBOL FOR SOMETHING!!!") that made me facepalm really hard. Trier's understanding of human Psychology and sexuality is ridiculous, too. All in all I won't be watching it again, but I'm glad that I saw it at least once.