• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Crack, any point holding the smoke in for a long time?

Most drugs, such as crack cocaine / freebase, are not actually smoked at all, but rather, they are vaporized and the difference is significant. Any organic matter that becomes pyrrolized is potentially a carcinogen. So smoking something (i.e., using combustion) requires burning it and breathing in that smoke. With weed, for example, your statements are true. You pull most of the THC from the smoke within a few seconds, and there should be smoke left to blow out that you don't want in your body.

However, this is not the case with vaporizing a drug. When done correctly and with a reasonably pure enough drug, hold the hits to maximize efficiency and absorbency. Otherwise what's exhaled is wasted drug vapor and nothing else. It's not psychosomatic, “psychosomatical”, or even the word you were probably looking for: placebo. Ultimately it comes down to logistics while all the fear surrounding this topic is just repeated misinformation, folklore, myths, and superstitions. Don't fall for it. Rise above. Focus on science.
It's more people applying the same rules for weed to everything else than purposeful misinformation, there's still am upper limit to how much is absorbed per breath. I wonder if you could maximize ghosting using a nebuliser or an inhaler spacer for asthma to breath the vapour over and over.

It's more people applying the same rules for weed to everything else than purposeful misinformation,
Sure, of course it's not intentionally misleading. Let me be clear: I'm not suggesting it's being done on purpose. That would be idiotic.
there's still am upper limit to how much is absorbed per breath.
Well yeah clearly, if for no other reason than there is a limited, finite space inside the lungs. Just speaking for myself, if I hold my breath long enough I do not exhale vapor.
I wonder if you could maximize ghosting using a nebuliser or an inhaler spacer for asthma to breath the vapour over and over.
Probably, but I'm only willing to put in but so much effort. I'll hold my breath but I'm not gonna hyperventilate into a brown paper bag, lol

Similar to methamphetamine, DMT, or just about any vaporized substance, the longer you hold it in, the more of the vapor you will absorb. This is different from cannabis smoking because weed is actually combusted and burned with radiant energy from a lighter's flame to produce smoke. So in weed smoke, you see, there are multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and various other pyrollized, phyto compounds. A study in Australia found we absorb ~95% of THC from weed smoke within the first 3 seconds after taking a hit, so with cannabis, it's not worth holding your breath longer than 3 seconds for the extra ~5% due to the fact that you're exposed to harmful smoke longer than is worth the extra ~5%. This is not the same for crack cocaine, but it also depends on cuts and purity, I'm sure.

In theory, assuming you have a pure enough product, the cocaine base vapor should be entirely composed of (or mostly, at least) cocaine freebase (read: more-or-less “crack” for all intents & purposes). And if you hold your hit long enough, you'll breathe out nothing visible – further evidence of a higher bioavailability.

Perhaps prepare a glass of salt-water or epsom-salt-water and swish your mouth out with it after each hit of crack. Salt water and Epsom water (MgSO4) heal and either could possibly help remove any weird pH-causing drug residues.

Also next time you use, try not to over-do the torch lighter / heat source. Many times, the high temps are rough on the mouth, tongue, lips, etc. Also, start using chapstick or blistex or whatever… that might help. Holding your hits will furthermore help you avoid blowing out as many irritating vapors, and finally: exhale through the nose so as to avoid the mouth, as well. Good luck!

Similar to methamphetamine, DMT, or just about any vaporized substance, the longer you hold it in, the more of the vapor you will absorb. This is different from cannabis smoking because weed is actually combusted and burned with radiant energy from a lighter's flame to produce smoke. So in weed smoke, you see, there are multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and various other pyrollized, phyto compounds. A study in Australia found we absorb ~95% of THC from weed smoke within the first 3 seconds after taking a hit, so with cannabis, it's not worth holding your breath longer than 3 seconds for the extra ~5% due to the fact that you're exposed to harmful smoke longer than is worth the extra ~5%. This is not the same for crack cocaine, but it also depends on cuts and purity, I'm sure.

In theory, assuming you have a pure enough product, the cocaine base vapor should be entirely composed of (or mostly, at least) cocaine freebase (read: more-or-less “crack” for all intents & purposes). And if you hold your hit long enough, you'll breathe out nothing visible – further evidence of a higher bioavailability.

Perhaps prepare a glass of salt-water or epsom-salt-water and swish your mouth out with it after each hit of crack. Salt water and Epsom water (MgSO4) heal and either could possibly help remove any weird pH-causing drug residues.

Also next time you use, try not to over-do the torch lighter / heat source. Many times, the high temps are rough on the mouth, tongue, lips, etc. Also, start using chapstick or blistex or whatever… that might help. Holding your hits will furthermore help you avoid blowing out as many irritating vapors, and finally: exhale through the nose so as to avoid the mouth, as well. Good luck!
This is very informative, thank you. There have been a few times where I have taken a really big hit but exhaled very little smoke/vapor.

I’d love to see someone do a “ghost” trick with crack smoke…you know, when you take a long pull off of a cigarette and puff out a little “ghost” of smoke, then quickly suck it back in?

Also, I love all the proper grammar and spelling on some of these threads. Bunch of drug addicts making sure they don’t drop their front…love it …this includes myself!!!

French inhale is altogether different; try googling it
“Altogether different” is laying it on a bit thick… It’s nearly the same technique. The first few steps are identical, but with the ghost inhale, you re-inhale through the mouth, and with the French inhale, you re-inhale through the nose. They are functionally pretty similar, but regardless, thanks for clarifying 😊🤙

“Altogether different” is laying it on a bit thick… It’s nearly the same technique. The first few steps are identical, but with the ghost inhale, you re-inhale through the mouth, and with the French inhale, you re-inhale through the nose. They are functionally pretty similar, but regardless, thanks for clarifying 😊🤙
No, thank you. This makes perfect sense but it didn’t register lol

It gets you higher tho if you're that worried about your lungs maybe dont smoke anything
Listen, your negative attitude is not welcome here. No one attacked you when you posted your comment/opinion and telling someone they don’t seem “to know dick” makes absolutely no sense. Obviously your negativity has nothing to do with anyone here, it’s all because of your own inner turmoil, so please don’t take it out on innocent people. Peace!

Listen, your negative attitude is not welcome here. No one attacked you when you posted your comment/opinion and telling someone they don’t seem “to know dick” makes absolutely no sense. Obviously your negativity has nothing to do with anyone here, it’s all because of your own inner turmoil, so please don’t take it out on innocent people. Peace!

Calm your tits. I’m very loved in the BL community. That comment was from 6 months ago & I don’t even remember posting it. I don’t think I offended anyone lol.

15 secs....as you exhale u can feel the Inca's power pumping through your bloodstream.

Damn, I miss crack...but it was such a destructive force in my life that I'd rather not go back, feel good for 15 mins and then experience that shitty comedown again.
Same logic I have about it. I was using it for only a couple months years ago & I def miss the feeling but it’s a life wrecking drug for sure. Plus I do not miss that angry come down after a 15 minute high lol.

Same logic I have about it. I was using it for only a couple months years ago & I def miss the feeling but it’s a life wrecking drug for sure. Plus I do not miss that angry come down after a 15 minute high lol.
Crack is so cheap here....when the pandemic hit, I lost my job and didn't know what the fk to do. I had recently quit IVing but I started smoking crack and my usage escalated so fast. I would wake up early ( 8-9 am) and would be so fking anxious till the mother turned on her phone(11am, yes a woman sold the best coke and ppl called her 'la mami' lols 😆) a gram costed a lil bit over a 2 bucks and a fking huge ass rock 🪨 came out from those wraps. I'd smoke from 1-3 wraps on day weeks and on weekends from 6 up to 10-12 with another friend. I did this for like 5 months but quit when I hit rock-bottom. I was sitting in a 5$ hotel room, covid was rampant and I was piping pure crack with ashes only with a homeless guy who had no nose and another dude who washed cars. The last time I saw them we smoked 7 grams in like 3-4 hrs and as I came home walking before curfew time it hit me...WTF AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE. I got home downed 4 mg clonazepam and I haven't smoked crack ever since. It was fucking crazy.

Personally ill hold for about 10-20 secs depending on size of it and then start exhaling as slow as humanly possible through my nose, veteran crackhead i know taught me the slow exhale can make me it stronger or something? I'm no expert...
That's my usual method on the odd occasion I cook up a bit. Horses for courses, Hard hit and then slow out through the nose. I get the whack on the exhale as opposed to the inhale. I don't think holding it in as long as possible makes much of a difference.

Personally ill hold for about 10-20 secs depending on size of it and then start exhaling as slow as humanly possible through my nose, veteran crackhead i know taught me the slow exhale can make me it stronger or something? I'm no expert...

I will add ive seen people blowing it straight out and people holding it until there is no smoke at all when they exhale, plus everything in between... 🤷‍♂️
WHERE RHE FUCK ARE YOU BROOOO 😭😭😭 I MISS U. HOPE URE OK FROM THE HEART ❤ 💙 💜 💖

WTF are you on about have a day off