• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Crack, any point holding the smoke in for a long time?

Aqlis

Discord Admin; Peas & Pasta Czar
Staff member
Talking to fellow users, they say to hold in a hit of crack for as long as possible - past 15-30 seconds is there any point? Or are you just giving yourself oxygen deprivation that feels like getting higher? It genuinely does feel like it is effective but even if that's the case I bet it worsens the physical harm profile which is already nasty. The rush just feels too damn good though.

Talking to fellow users, they say to hold in a hit of crack for as long as possible - past 15-30 seconds is there any point? Or are you just giving yourself oxygen deprivation that feels like getting higher? It genuinely does feel like it is effective but even if that's the case I bet it worsens the physical harm profile which is already nasty. The rush just feels too damn good though.
Personally ill hold for about 10-20 secs depending on size of it and then start exhaling as slow as humanly possible through my nose, veteran crackhead i know taught me the slow exhale can make me it stronger or something? I'm no expert...

I will add ive seen people blowing it straight out and people holding it until there is no smoke at all when they exhale, plus everything in between... 🤷‍♂️

There is no need to keep it more than 3 seconds in your lungs people assuring it is waste have the right to think dat but there just losing the extra placebo

Yeah once the alveoli (small air sacks in you lungs) fill up when you breath in that's it, nothing else is getting absorbed afterwards, well not anything noticeable. I think that is just an off shoot of an old weed myth, from when the average person thought your lungs were just two bags that filled up and absorbed stuff.

Similar to methamphetamine, DMT, or just about any vaporized substance, the longer you hold it in, the more of the vapor you will absorb. This is different from cannabis smoking because weed is actually combusted and burned with radiant energy from a lighter's flame to produce smoke. So in weed smoke, you see, there are multiple cannabinoids, terpenes, and various other pyrollized, phyto compounds. A study in Australia found we absorb ~95% of THC from weed smoke within the first 3 seconds after taking a hit, so with cannabis, it's not worth holding your breath longer than 3 seconds for the extra ~5% due to the fact that you're exposed to harmful smoke longer than is worth the extra ~5%. This is not the same for crack cocaine, but it also depends on cuts and purity, I'm sure.

In theory, assuming you have a pure enough product, the cocaine base vapor should be entirely composed of (or mostly, at least) cocaine freebase (read: more-or-less “crack” for all intents & purposes). And if you hold your hit long enough, you'll breathe out nothing visible – further evidence of a higher bioavailability.

Perhaps prepare a glass of salt-water or epsom-salt-water and swish your mouth out with it after each hit of crack. Salt water and Epsom water (MgSO4) heal and either could possibly help remove any weird pH-causing drug residues.

Also next time you use, try not to over-do the torch lighter / heat source. Many times, the high temps are rough on the mouth, tongue, lips, etc. Also, start using chapstick or blistex or whatever… that might help. Holding your hits will furthermore help you avoid blowing out as many irritating vapors, and finally: exhale through the nose so as to avoid the mouth, as well. Good luck!

Really that's mostly a psychological effect. The active compounds will be absorbed by your lungs in a matter of seconds, no need to hold longer

For me, I would hold the smoke in as long as I could, until I hear that “womp womp” sound in your ears lol dam this has me missing smoking cavi forreal
^^^This. Sounds about right! :ROFLMAO: "Womp womp"! And if you're really lucky ears ringing over the "womp womp"! :ROFLMAO: And usually by this point you're red in the face and your heart is outdoing itself!

And if you hold your hit long enough, you'll breathe out nothing visible – further evidence of a higher bioavailability.
^^^True story! Especially true with freebase crystals (please nobody ask i.e. I don't have the stamina to go another freebase vs. Crack round).

Anecdotally and proof positive that the vapor doesn't become benign after being inhaled: I dunno what the term for it is but you can "share" vapor with a partner and they'll feel it for sure! Very romantic shit this and no limit to what can be accomplished or experienced with this gift from nature! 🍃🏔️:ROFLMAO: Suppose my point is that it just stands to reason that the longer you hold it in the better. "Physical harm profile"? Come again? :ROFLMAO:

the vapor doesn't become benign
Small point of clarity: you mean "inactive", not benign, the opposite of which would be "malignant" and that's no bueno…

Really that's mostly a psychological effect.
No, it's physical.
The active compounds will be absorbed by your lungs in a matter of seconds, no need to hold longer
If you see crack vapor when you exhale, you did not absorb it all. Any clearly visible crack vapor that escapes your lungs is lost to the atmosphere, clearly, and not taken into the body. Again: smoking stuff produces clouds with various substances. Breath out that which you smoke with little to no delay. But vaporisation is a different process, and I find holding hits for ~15 seconds is usually sufficient. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT: Let me just add that ultimately it comes down to doing what you're most comfortable doing. Some people seem to detest holding their breath, finding it uncomfortable or just something unpleasant enough to warrant avoiding… to them at least. And that's fine as well.

Last edited:
Small point of clarity: you mean "inactive", not benign, the opposite of which would be "malignant" and that's no bueno…
Point taken and noted for the record. And if I think about it: probably a mistake I've made more than once (when discussing other substances). :) Embarrassing to say the least. And not something I'll forget in a hurry.

Point taken and noted for the record. And if I think about it: probably a mistake I've made more than once (when discussing other substances). :) Embarrassing to say the least. And not something I'll forget in a hurry.
Oh no need for embarrassment – I knew exactly what you meant by it, I was mostly just being pedantic, but also think it's maybe worth avoiding the negative connotations of "malignant" vs "benign", but then again it's probably a virtually worthless point to make. Take it with a grain of proverbial hydrochloride salt, and know that I say/write shit like this occasionally too, just not paying attention and writing straight from my mind's inner monologue, so to speak. Thanks for taking that bit of unnecessary criticism gracefully though 🥂

I knew a guy once told me : «you know what’s the best thing in life kid? Smoking a good puff of crack while sodomizing a women and then you CUM and EXHALE». 5STAR orgasm warranty

I knew a guy once told me : «you know what’s the best thing in life kid? Smoking a good puff of crack while sodomizing a women and then you CUM and EXHALE». 5STAR orgasm warranty
I guess you met the late, former DC Mayor, Marion Barry, then… lol.

Didn't know there was a warranty on orgasms. So someone will replace or repair my orgasm if it becomes defective within the first two years of use? Ha, stellar!

I think you meant “guarantee”?

I guess you met the late, former DC Mayor, Marion Barry, then… lol.

Didn't know there was a warranty on orgasms. So someone will replace or repair my orgasm if it becomes defective within the first two years of use? Ha, stellar!

I think you meant “guarantee”?
Auto corrector suck sorry and the guy was named Sébastien I actually caught him fucking my friend’s mother (I don’t know if it was it the ass) while smoking pint.

Auto corrector suck sorry and the guy was named Sébastien I actually caught him fucking my friend’s mother (I don’t know if it was it the ass) while smoking pint.
Autocorrect is cracking my shit up right now… Anyway, I'm just referencing the time Marion Barry was caught in a hotel room, on camera, half-naked & smoking crack with a sex worker he'd just hired… while still Mayor of Washington, DC. Honestly though he did a lot for the communities in DC, but you know, haters gonna hate, &c.

Sorr
Autocorrect is cracking my shit up right now… Anyway, I'm just referencing the time Marion Barry was caught in a hotel room, on camera, half-naked & smoking crack with a sex worker he'd just hired… while still Mayor of Washington, DC. Honestly though he did a lot for the communities in DC, but you know, haters gonna hate, &c.
Sorry I didn’t know dat movie and English is not my primary language I’m from Quebec City