• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Courtney Love to stand trial on drug charges (updated 11/19/05)

Kurt Cobain was music legend, he revelutionised music. I guess some people these days forget what music really actually means and wouldn't understand how much passion and desire there was, it all came from the heart.

But this is about Courtney, there will be more drug trails for her in the future, but the one I'll be looking for is the Kurt Cobain Murder/Assisted Suicide. =)

Pasilda Nacera said:
What is she doing with Prescription pills, Doesn't she have enough money to buy some real drugs?

Yes, because prescription pills contain "fake drugs" which are perfectly safe contrary to the dangerous "heroin" found on the street. :\

To person/people who asked why someone would think that Courtney is responsible for Kurt's death:.

It's because it's been proved the Kurt's death was not a suicide (don't want to go into great detail there, too long) and also because a year or so before Kurt's death Courtney had tried to hire a man named El Duche (from a band I don't remember) to kill Kurt but he turned down the money. This is known from a testimony from El Duche himself.

from the first line of one of the articles on page 1:

recently on the lam from the law

just wondering in a geeky way if this is a term i haven't come across, i.e. to 'lam'? or just a transco / typo?

BBC News
17 September 2005

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4255266.stm

Troubled singer Love avoids jail

Rock star Courtney Love has been sentenced to six months in a live-in rehabilitation centre for using drugs while on probation. The judge did not send her to jail for the 180-day sentence because he said she was already making progress.

The former Hole singer and Kurt Cobain's widow has been living at the rehabilitation centre for a month.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rand Rubin praised her for making an "excellent first step" to recovery.

Love, 41, is on probation for previous drug offences and attacking a woman with a whisky bottle.

She entered the clinic last month after admitting she had violated her probation by using an unidentified substance.

"I'm very pleased with your progress," Judge Rubin said on Friday. "I think this is an excellent first step on the road to recovery."

She will not be allowed to leave the clinic except in emergencies and will be subject to random drug tests. The judge also extended her probation until March 2007.

"Thank you very much, your honour," the singer said.

'Clean and sober'

Her lawyer Howard Weitzman said she "fully intends to make good on her promise to be clean and sober, and I'm hoping she'll be able to do that".

In a separate development on Friday, Love was sued by the woman she hit with a whisky bottle and a large lit candle last April.

The incident happened after Love found musician Kristin King in her boyfriend's home, and the singer pleaded no contest to assault in February.

Ms King is now seeking unspecified damages for assault, battery, false imprisonment and other claims.

Courtney Love Sued Over Assault
Singer Pleaded No Contest to Attack on Sleeping Woman
ABC News
Sep. 20, 2005

Courtney Love is being sued over a bottle-swinging, breast-pinching and hair-pulling attack on a sleeping woman at the home of the singer's ex-boyfriend.

Attorney Gloria Allred announced the lawsuit immediately after a hearing in Los Angeles in which Love was sentenced to 180 days in custody for violating probation in three criminal cases. Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Rand Rubin allowed Love, 41, to serve her sentence in a live-in drug treatment facility rather than county jail.

Allred alleged her client, musician Kristin King, was sleeping on a couch at the home of Love's former boyfriend and manager when she was "viciously attacked by Ms. Love" in April 2004.

The attorney said Love poured whiskey on King and the alcohol bottle struck the woman's left cheekbone and temple. The singer allegedly then threw a lit candle at King, jumped on top of her and dug her fingernails into King's left forearm and bicep.

Love also allegedly yanked King by the hair, backhanded her, chipping one of King's teeth, and pinched her breast, leaving a bruise, Allred said.

"We think it is time for Ms. Love to take full financial responsibility for her assault on Ms. King," Allred said.

Love pleaded no contest Feb. 10 to misdemeanor assault stemming from the attack on King and was sentenced to three years probation, a year of anger management and drug treatment, and 100 hours of community service.

She also was ordered to pay a $1,000 fine, undergo random drug testing and attend three Narcotics Anonymous meetings a week.

Love paid $2,705 in restitution to King, but Allred said that doesn't fully compensate her client. The attorney declined to name the dollar amount of damages being sought.

"We recognize that Ms. Love has a serious problem with substance abuse, but that does not excuse nor does it justify an unwarranted and vicious attack on another human being," Allred said.

"We hope that Ms. Love will get the help she needs, but we also intend to protect our client and make sure that she is fully compensated for the injuries Ms. Love inflicted on her," the attorney said.

The suit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, alleges assault, battery, false imprisonment and intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Link