• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Considering Methamphetamine

NTP-Redux

Greenlighter
For the longest time I've been fascinated by crystal meth. I've watched every documentary available on the subject and read nearly all of the Erowid trip reports plus numerous threads about harm-reduction on here and other forums.

I am well aware that this is not a drug to be taken lightly, but also that some aspects of its mythos are overblown by media propaganda. I am bored of having the same old circular internal dialogue with myself of wanting to try it and talking myself out of it, because I can't seem to reach a conclusion one way or another. I've compiled the following list of pros, cons and mitigating factors; perhaps some of you who are familiar with this particular drug could give me advice on whether I'm being way too uptight. The truth is I'm bored with everything else and want something I can smoke that makes me feel great without being out of it (weed, DMT etc), and I'm not interested in crack or heroin.

Pros:

Best high ever
Sexual confidence to have a random hook-up
Extreme focus on hobbies and projects
Can be smoked/vaped (I really, really love the act of smoking, only done it with weed and DMT [which tastes like shit] before)
Weight loss

Cons:

Neurotoxic/cytotoxic
Addictive
Expensive
Comedown
Facilitates sexually risky behaviour
Disrupted sleep architecture

Mitigating:

Good physical health: diet, exercise, and already take the supplements listed for harm-reduction
Not readily available due to location, culture and having no local friends, nor any friends who do drugs
Never craved more after doing other stims (dex, add, coke)
Never really had much of a comedown from anything else
Am on Zoloft (100 mg daily) for BPD and MDD
D-isomer-only ice
Would prepare with food, supplements, brushing teeth, chewing gum, condoms, have benzos on hand

Disclaimer: I currently have no plans to do it, this is just really a sounding board to try and reconcile a nagging curiosity that won't go away no matter how much I talk to myself about it.

i guess theres no harm in tryin it since u already did the other uppers. I think you will be embarrassed after you sober up because you will act weird in public for certain ;) good luck

I got the impression that the 'gakking out' was more due to the L-isomer of racemic meth causing involuntarily muscular spasms. If I did it, I'd stay at home and maybe go outside at night for a dogging hookup.

I'd advise against trying ice but if you're gonna do it anyway, do not shoot or smoke it! Snort a small line to start with. Taking too much is very uncomfortable and well.. You do act weird cause you get paranoid. Do it on a day you're gonna stay home, lol. Don't need to go into Walmart looking over your shoulder every five seconds and obsessively touching your face/clothes/hair.

I have no intention of ever using needles, but why not smoke it? I'm not in the US and don't go out much at all - a supermarket is the last place I'd want to go generally, let alone spend my time high.

To use a term like "dogging" you would have to be in the UK?

I used to be a fiend for sure, always IV for my decade plus run with this class. I'm on sertraline (Zoloft) these days and no longer use stims but if I did I would rather not be on an SSRI like Zoloft, be careful......actually on that subject, have you used any amphetamines while on Zoloft?

To use a term like "dogging" you would have to be in the UK?

I used to be a fiend for sure, always IV for my decade plus run with this class. I'm on sertraline (Zoloft) these days and no longer use stims but if I did I would rather not be on an SSRI like Zoloft, be careful......actually on that subject, have you used any amphetamines while on Zoloft?

Yes, I am indeed in the UK. I've used dextroamphetamine in a small quantity which was fine, and also MDMA, after which I skipped taking my meds for a day and a half but felt a bit queasy from for a few hours when I did.

As an IV user you're probably qualified to tell me - given my list of considerations above - what I'd be getting myself into if I acquired half a gram as a special one-time treat.

What I want to know is: bearing in mind that I felt no urge to do more coke, dex or adderall the couple of times I did them, how much more compulsive is the ice on a first go, by comparison?

I have no intention of ever using needles, but why not smoke it? I'm not in the US and don't go out much at all - a supermarket is the last place I'd want to go generally, let alone spend my time high.

Good idea OP. I was just using Walmart as an example but yeah.. being in public can be awkward while tweaking. Smoking isn't an awful idea but it's generally more addictive via this ROA as it is more intense so just keep that in mind. I'm glad you don't want to use needles cause it really is poop.

SKR mentioned something very important! If you take antidepressants it can be dangerous to use meth because of serotonin syndrome, which can be fatal.

Yes, I am indeed in the UK. I've used dextroamphetamine in a small quantity which was fine, and also MDMA, after which I skipped taking my meds for a day and a half but felt a bit queasy from for a few hours when I did.

As an IV user you're probably qualified to tell me - given my list of considerations above - what I'd be getting myself into if I acquired half a gram as a special one-time treat.

What I want to know is: bearing in mind that I felt no urge to do more coke, dex or adderall the couple of times I did them, how much more compulsive is the ice on a first go, by comparison?

Meth isn't as compulsive as coke because it lasts longer, and the urge to use again and again is most likely to be brought on if you smoke it.. It is very fiendy (is that even a word?)

Good idea OP. I was just using Walmart as an example but yeah.. being in public can be awkward while tweaking. Smoking isn't an awful idea but it's generally more addictive via this ROA as it is more intense so just keep that in mind. I'm glad you don't want to use needles cause it really is poop.

SKR mentioned something very important! If you take antidepressants it can be dangerous to use meth because of serotonin syndrome, which can be fatal.

I've seen the 'tweaker-girl-at-walmart' video and definitely don't want to end up like that. I know smoking it is potentially more addictive but I don't like the idea of wrecking my septum from snorting chunky shards. I'm a bit of a pondskater with drugs really; the hardest I've tripped was a few months ago when I timeflipped, i.e. smoked DMT while peaking on LSD. This would be my first foray into the world of hard drugs.

Thank you both for your advice and concern. I am quite mindful of the fact I'm on an SSRI, but I think given the low dosage I take of Zoloft and would take of meth that Serotonin Syndrome would be unlikely. I'm a somewhat bizarre mix of ultra-cautious and fiendishly reckless, but usually the former rather than the latter, which is why I like the sound of a little party with Tina.

i guess theres no harm in tryin it since u already did the other uppers. I think you will be embarrassed after you sober up because you will act weird in public for certain ;) good luck

Quoted for truth

Also ppl say oh make sure to get d-meth. Who the fuck is going to know whether there getting racemic or d-meth? I bet most meth is racemic too.

Quoted for truth

Also ppl say oh make sure to get d-meth. Who the fuck is going to know whether there getting racemic or d-meth? I bet most meth is racemic too.

I won't discuss any hypothetical methods of obtaining said substance, but just assume that if I did, it would be highly pure d-isomer.

Well you've done coke which tends to be a drug that virtually everyone who tries it finds it easy to re-dose until it's all gone. Admittedly though if people were getting high quality Peruvian Flake they would find that a little bump would equal a gram of what they usually buy......of course it's a double edged sword, purer drugs equals awesome high which equals fiending re-dosage.

Folks that like to smoke meth really like to smoke it till it's all gone, because that loopy amphetamine behaviour of repeating the same action over and over goes hand in hand with the ritual of smoking/vaping. So the action of smoking becomes the thing you do while high, instead of say cleaning the house, mowing the lawn or jerking off endlessly you smoke....endlessly. Hope that makes some sense.

So I think you will find yourself compulsively packing your pipe and smoking which is your fav ROA. That's quite normal and can be fun of course, humans are ritualistic creatures and meth exacerbates that aspect of our behavior and smoking is probably the quickest way to re-dose next to snorting. Be sure to powder the crystals if you are wanting to snort. I used to pre-load a bunch of syringes so I didn't have to perform the ritual of dissolving the drug in water and drawing up the solution for a shot.

Now I've got no idea if I answered your queries appropriately, I'll re-read.

I won't discuss any hypothetical methods of obtaining said substance, but just assume that if I did, it would be highly pure d-isomer.

ik where but you really trust those people? i could be wrong but i doubt anyones getting highly pure d-meth. its probably all racemic, which is still euphoric and will give the same psychosis

I live in a VERY rural, "backwards" area of the USA but meth is everywhere here. I've done it just about any way it can be done, besides plugging...I've swallowed it, snorted it, smoked it & shot it. Out of those methods I'd probably recommend either parachuting it or snorting it. Smoking it is my least favorite ROA, and is generally terrible IMO. I've used methamphetamine for years.

I think it's interesting that you find meth interesting, honestly. To me it's a pretty banal drug, but maybe that's just because it's so easily available here. It's fucking CHEAP, too. A lot of times people will literally just give it away, or use it as payment for a debt or a trade. And I'm talking about d-methamphetamine HCL that's high purity, not exactly weak shit. As far if it's the "best high ever", well, that's debatable and comes down to personal preference. It does make you more interested in sex but I'm to the point now where I'd rather just be (relatively) sober and fuck a female friend after we smoke some weed and make out, not have sex with some disgusting stranger from a club while I'm spun out on shards. Ugh!

It is true that it can be conducive to weight loss and focus, though.

I'm probably just too boring at this point. I'm pretty much done with meth. It didn't even come as the result of some long protracted battle with addiction or anything like that, I just got fucking tired of it. I like to eat and sleep for at least 6-8 hours a day and not have dark rings under my eyes. It burned me out so I don't do it anymore. It is an incredible rush, though, and probably the best high I've achieved from any single substance.

Well you've done coke which tends to be a drug that virtually everyone who tries it finds it easy to re-dose until it's all gone. Admittedly though if people were getting high quality Peruvian Flake they would find that a little bump would equal a gram of what they usually buy......of course it's a double edged sword, purer drugs equals awesome high which equals fiending re-dosage.

The coke I had years ago was pretty heavily cut street crud, and of course I went through the bag in the space of an hour, but we all know that's because the high is desperately shortlived anyway.

I meant to offer the fact for consideration that I had no desire to use more stims after I was done with them. I can't go more than a couple of months without smoking some weed, but that's more to do with the ritualistic pleasure of buying, rolling, smoking it than the mental vacation it gives.

Folks that like to smoke meth really like to smoke it till it's all gone, because that loopy amphetamine behaviour of repeating the same action over and over goes hand in hand with the ritual of smoking/vaping. So the action of smoking becomes the thing you do while high, instead of say cleaning the house, mowing the lawn or jerking off endlessly you smoke....endlessly. Hope that makes some sense.

So I think you will find yourself compulsively packing your pipe and smoking which is your fav ROA. That's quite normal and can be fun of course, humans are ritualistic creatures and meth exacerbates that aspect of our behavior and smoking is probably the quickest way to re-dose next to snorting. Be sure to powder the crystals if you are wanting to snort. I used to pre-load a bunch of syringes so I didn't have to perform the ritual of dissolving the drug in water and drawing up the solution for a shot.

Now I've got no idea if I answered your queries appropriately, I'll re-read.

You've answered some, thank you.

Can you give me an approximation of how much more powerful the high is compared to coke, dex and adderall? The couple of times I've done adderall I really hit it hard - first time was with an experienced addict and I kept pace with her and ended up snorting about 350 mg + in the space of 8 hours. Second time I ingested them and took wayyy too much, I was popping two 30 mg tabs every half an hour for about 7 hours... god I felt shit for two days afterwards though!

Pros:

Best high ever
Sexual confidence to have a random hook-up
Extreme focus on hobbies and projects
Can be smoked/vaped (I really, really love the act of smoking, only done it with weed and DMT [which tastes like shit] before)
Weight loss

Your list here isn't exactly objective. How do you know it's the best high ever without having used it before? Is having a random hook-up something you really even want? You might have the confidence to find someone to have sex with, but you're more prone to engage in risky behavior like you mentioned. Extreme focus on hobbies/projects can quickly turn into extremely compulsive, repetitive behavior where you look back and realize you've effectively done nothing for 12 hours. Smoking meth is a fast way to get hooked - it has a short duration and can be very compulsive. The weight you'd lose from meth would be from not sleeping and depriving your body of nutrients.

You said you have no plans to use meth, but you're clearly debating whether or not it's a good idea. If you're going to use it, then all anyone here can do is tell you the safest way how. I went through a few grams of meth over 2-3 months last year and it was amazing how fast it took hold. I don't even particularly like stimulants and never had a problem with others, but meth was something completely different. I even felt cravings writing this post and it's been over a year since I touched the stuff.

I won't lecture you on why you shouldn't use meth, but know that it takes an incredibly strong will to only use once or on occasion and you have to consider whether you want to enter into something that could significantly change your life.

ik where but you really trust those people? i could be wrong but i doubt anyones getting highly pure d-meth. its probably all racemic, which is still euphoric and will give the same psychosis

The pseudo-based synthesis, properly done, ends up with a high purity d-methamphetamine product.

I understand that a lot of what comes out of Mexico today uses a different synthesis process and results in racemic methamphetamine, though. The "small batch" people (who still exist, at least they do around here...) who cook still pump out really red phosphorous dope on occasion, though.

I live in a VERY rural, "backwards" area of the USA but meth is everywhere here. I've done it just about any way it can be done, besides plugging...I've swallowed it, snorted it, smoked it & shot it. Out of those methods I'd probably recommend either parachuting it or snorting it. Smoking it is my least favorite ROA, and is generally terrible IMO. I've used methamphetamine for years.

I think it's interesting that you find meth interesting, honestly. To me it's a pretty banal drug, but maybe that's just because it's so easily available here. It's fucking CHEAP, too. A lot of times people will literally just give it away, or use it as payment for a debt or a trade. And I'm talking about d-methamphetamine HCL that's high purity, not exactly weak shit. As far if it's the "best high ever", well, that's debatable and comes down to personal preference. It does make you more interested in sex but I'm to the point now where I'd rather just be (relatively) sober and fuck a female friend after we smoke some weed and make out, not have sex with some disgusting stranger from a club while I'm spun out on shards. Ugh!

It is true that it can be conducive to weight loss and focus, though.

I'm probably just too boring at this point. I'm pretty much done with meth. It didn't even come as the result of some long protracted battle with addiction or anything like that, I just got fucking tired of it. I like to eat and sleep for at least 6-8 hours a day and not have dark rings under my eyes. It burned me out so I don't do it anymore. It is an incredible rush, though, and probably the best high I've achieved from any single substance.

See, it's totally different here in the UK for various reasons, mainly that we don't have the vast empty space for localised production, and we're not connected to another country like Mexico where superlabs are their bread and butter.

It wouldn't be cheap for me to get it either, probably £80 or $110 for half a gram.

It's interesting to me because of all the hype and mystique surrounding that alludes to it being surpassing high above all others. Maybe it is banal, but the grass is always greener on the other side.

The pictures of their product look like pretty clear shards to me, and others report that their shit is the real deal. You could be right though, it is a gamble.

Your list here isn't exactly objective. How do you know it's the best high ever without having used it before? Is having a random hook-up something you really even want? You might have the confidence to find someone to have sex with, but you're more prone to engage in risky behavior like you mentioned. Extreme focus on hobbies/projects can quickly turn into extremely compulsive, repetitive behavior where you look back and realize you've effectively done nothing for 12 hours. Smoking meth is a fast way to get hooked - it has a short duration and can be very compulsive. The weight you'd lose from meth would be from not sleeping and depriving your body of nutrients.

You said you have no plans to use meth, but you're clearly debating whether or not it's a good idea. If you're going to use it, then all anyone here can do is tell you the safest way how. I went through a few grams of meth over 2-3 months last year and it was amazing how fast it took hold. I don't even particularly like stimulants and never had a problem with others, but meth was something completely different. I even felt cravings writing this post and it's been over a year since I touched the stuff.

I won't lecture you on why you shouldn't use meth, but know that it takes an incredibly strong will to only use once or on occasion and you have to consider whether you want to enter into something that could significantly change your life.

I know it's not objective, that's why I'm seeking the counsel of good people like yourself who know a bit more about it than I do. I don't want to rush into anything that might not be the best decision. :)

Are meth impurities often toxic? I mean I've shot it before but felt dirty when I did it. Some feeling that I could be poisoning myself with heavy metals or red phosphorus or something. Also I don't see how people find random hookups so easy. I find that I just come off as desperate and always regret it. Maybe I'm an judgemental asshole but I've been in too many situations where I've just felt hurt from what I consider nasty immoral sluts telling me that I'm a loser a desperate drug addict or pervert. Idk I've stopped doing stimulants and ghb because I got sick of the repetitive cycle of shit like this. And I'm not a creepy lookin dude either not to be egotistical but young and attractive been with enough women to know. Obviously I'm pretty mentally fucked up as u can probly notice from my post and rambling but yeah I don't suggest meth or the activities that come with using it lol