• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Community

L O V E L I F E

Bluelighter
How on Earth are we well into Season Two, yet NO ONE (until just now) has started a thread on this masterpiece?

The fact that there are eight MAIN characters (most shows have 4 or 5) and the fast-pace allow for WAY more solid jokes per miniute.

And, additionally, this is a sit-com with an actual story-arc for each and every episode, with a climax that actually makes sense (as opposed to contrived, wrapped-in-a-bow shows like Sein<censored>).

And the joke-writing AND acting are both off-the-charts.

In my book, Community is THE best non-animated comedy on network television in many many years.

If you haven't watched it yet, give it a shot this Thursday @ 8:00 p.m. EST on NBC.

You can thank me later. :)

It's decent, pretty good at best, but I wouldn't agree it's the best non-animated comedy in many years. I hope Jack Black is never a guest on this show ever again.

It is good, but not very original. It is another Office rip off IMO, I like it I'm just not "thrilled" about it.

bump;

new season coming out;

if you watch this you will thank me;

funniest shit ever.

One of my favorite shows since that 70s show came out. (The was the last time I had a favorite TV show. Except for HBO's Six Feet Under.)

This show has turned into one of my favorites. Definitely one of the best on at the moment...the new season has been great.

I heard a lot of hype about this show so downloaded and watched the first three episodes, I didn't laugh out loud once, and smiled at a couple of the jokes at most. It was a decent show, and I wouldn't have any problem with it being on the TV in the background but it was not hilarious and was not outstanding and was just really not all that funny. The jokes were poor, it was mediocre at best.

I felt the same way at first, but it gets much, much better. There are a lot of characters to familiarize yourself with. In fact, after finishing out the last half of season one I went back and watched the first couple I had panned earlier and found them much funnier.

Maybe I will give it another go and watch the whole of season 1 before I write it off completely. There have been other comedies that it has taken me a while to get into before that I absolutely love, Peep Show for example I watched one episode randomly and didn't think much of it until I watched the first season properly, now I love Peep Show.

Yeah, sometimes it takes a minute to work into a comedy for me as well. It definitely helps once you get a better grasp of the dynamic between all the characters.

Also, Peep Show is fucking hilarious.

Great show I agree, although it doesn't top Arrested Development (what could?). I've noticed the quality can really fluctuate from episode to episode, but I also think this is because they are trying to be as original as they can. The writers and actors in Community are definitely the master of "meta", which is what I think this show will ultimately be known for.

I love this show. Abed is one of the best characters ever. The meta episode was awesome.

bump this show. i fucking love it. latest ep with abed getting real and jeff winger the little indian girl. troy "ooh no no juice!"

feel like its not as good as arrested development but has that same potential. the jokes and wit are so quick, the pop culture references so deep, and META,man,META.