• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Coming off Olanzapine to trip harder

love hearing that . do you have full trips with visuals and euphoria and everything?
Yes, I do. I don’t take too much, though, I’m kind of scared of pushing my limits at this juncture. I’m really just using it to heal myself, to bond with my partner, and of course, to have fun. I did it recently and had the most mindblowing experience. Don’t give up hope! :)

Ive been trying to come off Zyprexa for the past year and its been a fucking nightmare. Took me months and months of tapering to get where im at now which is 2.5mgs every 48hrs. Even at this small amount when i tried to jump off a couple weeks ago completely i got very sick.

Dealing with nausea, anxiety, insomnia, body pain and general just disgusting feeling. It feels just like a benzo withdrawal to me and giving the fact that Olanzapine is a Thienobenzodiazepine that is surprising at all.

Its hands down the most addictive psych med i have ever been on. Biggest mistake ive made in years and its fucked up that doctors dont explain how bad this stuff can hook you and how difficult it would be to come off. Ive got this epic psychedelic collection im building and i cant even dip into it, so upsetting.
from what ive read of the people who really really struggle getting off of zyprexa, is that there is a 3-4 month mark where they begin to recover. do you think you can try pushing through the hell to see if you come out the other side?

Yes, I do. I don’t take too much, though, I’m kind of scared of pushing my limits at this juncture. I’m really just using it to heal myself, to bond with my partner, and of course, to have fun. I did it recently and had the most mindblowing experience. Don’t give up hope! :)
did you ever try to trip WHILE on olanzapine, or did you just start doing that when you got off of it?

Ive been trying to come off Zyprexa for the past year and its been a fucking nightmare. Took me months and months of tapering to get where im at now which is 2.5mgs every 48hrs. Even at this small amount when i tried to jump off a couple weeks ago completely i got very sick.

Dealing with nausea, anxiety, insomnia, body pain and general just disgusting feeling. It feels just like a benzo withdrawal to me and giving the fact that Olanzapine is a Thienobenzodiazepine that is surprising at all.

Its hands down the most addictive psych med i have ever been on. Biggest mistake ive made in years and its fucked up that doctors dont explain how bad this stuff can hook you and how difficult it would be to come off. Ive got this epic psychedelic collection im building and i cant even dip into it, so upsetting.
I think @Conky is struggling with this too, with haloperidol. Sounds awful.

I guess I'm lucky I was able to quit olanzapine and risperidone cold turkey with zero withdrawal symptoms.

did you ever try to trip WHILE on olanzapine, or did you just start doing that when you got off of it?
Yeah I did. Useless. Took FOUR tabs of LSD, a dose that would normally have me tripping balls, and my friend (male, twice my weight) was tripping hard off just 2 of the same stuff. Didn’t attempt it again until I got off.

My psychiatrist denies that there is ANY withdrawal associated with it.
They said the same about serotonergic antidepressants and it prove horribly wrong. I think it's generally accepted that one had to slowly wean oneself off antipsychotics for not to risk rebound psychosis due to sensitivized dopamine receptors. But there will always be a few hard heads who don't want to acknowledge. Or he uses the term withdrawal specifically for addictive drugs and tells no, psychopharms don't have withdrawal, only discontinuation syndrome. Sigh.

I think @Conky is struggling with this too, with haloperidol. Sounds awful.

I guess I'm lucky I was able to quit olanzapine and risperidone cold turkey with zero withdrawal symptoms.
It's very frustrating because even a 5% dose decrease is enough to de stabilise me. And my baseline tolerance to comfort meds like kratom and even benzos is unusually high. Maybe something to do with how haloperidol affects reward pathways, but that is just speculation of course.

I'm also not sure whether liquid formulations of olanzapine are an option. If it is then that is probably what cosmic charlie should go for.

It's very frustrating because even a 5% dose decrease is enough to de stabilise me. And my baseline tolerance to comfort meds like kratom and even benzos is unusually high. Maybe something to do with how haloperidol affects reward pathways, but that is just speculation of course.

I'm also not sure whether liquid formulations of olanzapine are an option. If it is then that is probably what cosmic charlie should go for.

What my game plan is now is to continue on this 1.25mg dose every other day for awhile and stabilize completely. Then i am going to crush a pill into powder and figure out how much a 600ug looks like and then start taking that every otherday. Then eventually go down to 300ugs and etc until im all the way off. When i start getting really low im gonna try and spread the dosing out as much as possible. Its fucking crazy how sick this stuff gets you. When i tried to just jump off 10mgs last year it was horrific.

Neuroleptics are HEAVY medications and not something to simply stop taking.... so that you can abuse a mind-altering drug whose actions neuroleptics are specifically designed to prevent.

literally got on them again in jail to sleep time away...but the fucking drug has me trapt its terrible.

that would make sense if i really was crazy tho 😂

Yes - US prisons do seem to be overly keen on giving inmates drugs that otherwise would have no value... quetiapine being the most popular I hear. I was prescribed 400mg/day and quit the moment I woke up. I fell asleep on an all-night but from 11PM until 4PM the next day not knowing WHERE I was.

But now people know if it's uses, it DOES have limited street value and I've even heard of people mixing it with cocaine and injecting it. The mixture being known as a 'Q-ball' or a 'slowball'. I can kind of see what it will do, but injecting is bad, injecting pills is even worse.

It turns out in animal models, quetiapine MAY produce addictive usage:

I have more and better reference, I only use this 1 to back up 1 statement.

are you able to get visuals too?

literally got on them again in jail to sleep time away...but the fucking drug has me trapt its terrible.

that would make sense if i really was crazy tho 😂

Because it just knocks people out, they pose no problem to society... or no MEASURABLE cost. Since they cause all manner of serious health issues, it's a false economy.

I say that but right now I would love to get hold of some (not asking for a source) to fix my sleep patterns. I'm waking at 6PM and falling asleep at 8AM which is STILL too much sleep (causes depression in me).

oops you answered my question...disregard <3

I hate the olanzapine a lot it’s done nothing for me but prevent psychedelic use. I been taking 10mg of olanzapine for over 2 years I was locked up in a place I couldn’t use psychedelics. I tripped on DXM and smoked weed while I was in trouble but I recently started using psychedelics again now I’m free. I only took the medicine because at the time they told me I would be ordered by a court to take injections if I refused so I just took the pill because now I can stop the doctors still think I’m sober and using olanzapine.

I got my doctor to reduce my dose to 5mg and took 5mg for over a week. 5 days ago I stopped taking the pill completely because it makes me sick to my stomach with psychedelics. I didn’t think it was true at first I thought nothing prevents a chemical so powerful I had been trying a bunch of new tryptamines and getting sick for some reason with severe nausea. I also ate 5 tabs of 1P-LSD and got the visuals of maybe 2 tabs. I thought the visuals where reduced and I just had a strange reaction to the new chemicals.

Anyway my last trip I ate 30mg of 4-ACO-DMT and it made me really sick. I threw up everywhere with severe nausea. I couldn’t believe it I had eaten double this dose and not threw up and tripped so much harder when I was medication free. I will never take olanzapine again I feel sick now. I feel nauseous I woke up this morning dry heaving. I don’t know what this bullshit done to my brain chemistry but I hate it. It doesn’t have a single positive effect in my opinion. Just thought I would share how it effected me. It’s against my will to it’s crazy to me they can force you take medication that only causes you problems.
Hey are you able to trip now?

Yes - US prisons do seem to be overly keen on giving inmates drugs that otherwise would have no value... quetiapine being the most popular I hear. I was prescribed 400mg/day and quit the moment I woke up. I fell asleep on an all-night but from 11PM until 4PM the next day not knowing WHERE I was.

But now people know if it's uses, it DOES have limited street value and I've even heard of people mixing it with cocaine and injecting it. The mixture being known as a 'Q-ball' or a 'slowball'. I can kind of see what it will do, but injecting is bad, injecting pills is even worse.

It turns out in animal models, quetiapine MAY produce addictive usage:

I have more and better reference, I only use this 1 to back up 1 statement.
Yeah when I first heard seroquel was popular in jails I was like...what? There is little recreational value. But I understand being in jail and just wanting to pass the time and sleep. I have NO idea why it would have any street value whatsoever.

Yeah when I first heard seroquel was popular in jails I was like...what? There is little recreational value. But I understand being in jail and just wanting to pass the time and sleep. I have NO idea why it would have any street value whatsoever.
I think the term abuse was meant like "used differently than intended" not as in recreational. Quetiapine just has zero recreational potential.

I just saw a commercial advertising olanzapine under a different name. Holy crap. You would think it was for every average joe that wants to "be at their best" the way they showed it, then they mentioned for bi polar. They did mention the difficult withdrawal and basically said it is like a bad opiate withdrawal. I guess telling the truth is a little progress. But wow, people should learn all they can about anything they ingest.